Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my friends,

Running behind time with my Landscape A4 Routine Timetable owing to getting up at twenty minutes to eight, which means I carelessly skipped breakfast at 7:15 ante meridian BST and was late in taking my morning medication which I took at around 8:20 ante meridian BST instead of 8:00 ante meridian BST. Only just had my shave, shower and brushed my teeth. I brushed with Corsodyl toothpaste, rinsed it for 5 minutes with Corsodyl mouthwash and washed my hair with Palmolive shampoo and my body with Lynx YOU shower gel and deodorised with Lynx YOU deodorant. My blood glucose this morning at 10:20 ante meridian BST is a very awesome and healthy 4.9 Millimoles Per Litre.

Have a lovely day, my friends, and lots of love and hugs to you all.

From,

Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome xXx.

Reactions: TooManyCrisps

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hi all back from pain clinic . Surprise surprise Ron's on the wrong medication , he's suppose to be on dihydrocodeine 60mg MR, but instead he's on 30mg . So nurse has to write to gp yet again to tell them to change it . She is also upping the amatrypline to 50 mg. Ron has also agreed to attend a clinic to try out a ten's machine . She has told us that Ron will never be pain free but it will just have to be managed as best it can. Ron also raised the fact I've noticed that he does stop breathing in his sleep. She has told him to raise this with gp as he may have sleep apnea. She said do not ignore it . We're back there in two months time to see how he gets on .

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
At least you seem to be getting somewhere now @tina_marie that's the thing with medicine, it's got to be tailored to suit the individual. It's just unfortunate that the NHS is so overworked that patients like Ron have to wait months in between clinic visits . I really hope the increased pain relief dosage will give him some relief at last. I hope that you are doing ok?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
At least you seem to be getting somewhere now @tina_marie that's the thing with medicine, it's got to be tailored to suit the individual. It's just unfortunate that the NHS is so overworked that patients like Ron have to wait months in between clinic visits . I really hope the increased pain relief dosage will give him some relief at last. I hope that you are doing ok?
Thank you @13lizanne , I'm not to bad . Niggling pain from sciatica and possible arthritis in my wrist but battling on . Like you said medication has to be catered for each person , she did say however that increase in medication strength can cause the pain to become more intense as Ron has what they call opioid intolerance. So they have to find alternatives to medication. The chest pains he had the other week are due to the body trying to protect itself hence the muscle spasms and feeling all washed out .

Reactions: Freema

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
That's good that you are getting answers now as to what is causing the spasms and other stuff. Hope this will be the start of a turnaround for you both xx

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
So did they say what is causing all the pain hun? Its a relief to know about spasms.
Upwards and onwards.
No they didn't but I guess it comes from the osteoarthritis.

Reactions: Liam1955

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
No they didn't but I guess it comes from the osteoarthritis.
Nurse also said that we have to somehow desensitize Ron's back . Think I will have to warn the neighbours before I start. Any suggestions on how I could do it ?

Reactions: Freema
D

debrasue

Found this on MSM Food & Drink today:
In 2015, scientists in Sri Lanka found that cooking rice with a teaspoon of coconut oil then refrigerating it reduces the amount of calories/carbohydrates absorbed by the body by half, taking the calorie content down to around 120. The process renders half the carbohydrates indigestible, allowing them to pass through the body without turning into glucose, which turns to fat if not burned off. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to boiling water, add rice and cook. Refrigerate for 12 hours then reheat thoroughly.
Interesting....

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
In 2015, scientists in Sri Lanka found that cooking rice with a teaspoon of coconut oil then refrigerating it reduces the amount of calories/carbohydrates absorbed by the body by half, taking the calorie content down to around 120. The process renders half the carbohydrates indigestible, allowing them to pass through the body without turning into glucose, which turns to fat if not burned off. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to boiling water, add rice and cook. Refrigerate for 12 hours then reheat thoroughly.
Interesting....
I don't get spikes from reheated potato too. I'm not surprised rice works the same way.

Reactions: Liam1955

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must try that. I love rice and miss it so much. Cauliflower rice is fine, but not the same unless it's with a strong curry.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I got the all clear today from GP. No more heart concerns. I could jump for joy. I saw a few patients no way as lucky. They were all slim, which surprised me. Mind u when your ill you lose weight, right?
Exercise will be my saving grace. Just need my asthma under control then I can breath enough to swim. Walking without distress would be nice too.
Asthma treatment being changed and insulin on friday too. He's me looking to a peaceful weekend. You?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I got the all clear today from GP. No more heart concerns. I could jump for joy. I saw a few patients no way as lucky. They were all slim, which surprised me. Mind u when your ill you lose weight, right?
Exercise will be my saving grace. Just need my asthma under control then I can breath enough to swim. Walking without distress would be nice too.
Asthma treatment being changed and insulin on friday too. He's me looking to a peaceful weekend. You?
This is wonderful news to hear! I'm so happy for you. I was beginning to worry about all your illnesses, prayer does help. There's several people on this forum I light a prayer-candle for. This makes me very happy. Much love to you, lovely @ickihun. From Johnny xXx.

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Interesting....
thank you, @debrasue , my lovely friend. i'll certainly try this method of boiling rice because I eat it a lot, one of the reasons why I struggle so much with the low carb, high fat diet, that and eating pizza and spaghetti and tomatoes. Love from johnny xXx.

D

debrasue

thank you, @debrasue , my lovely friend. i'll certainly try this method of boiling rice because I eat it a lot, one of the reasons why I struggle so much with the low carb, high fat diet, that and eating pizza and spaghetti and tomatoes. Love from johnny xXx.
Hmmm, I wonder if it works with pasta too? Interesting......