Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi everyone
I used to come onto this forum regularly but stopped last autumn, no particular reason, just very busy. Anyway, thought id come back and say hello to everyone, im not sure who is still around - i used to chat to Liam, Hiitsme, Ickihun, can't remember who else.
I have been doing fine. My latest HBA1C was 37 (i was 97 on diagnosis 16 months ago) and im still managing to avoid the dreaded medication. Long may it continue! I am still low carbing but not worrying as much about portion size, but that has led to me puttng on 8lbs since Christmas so I need to ho back to smaller portions. . Im
Hi @TooManyCrisps . Its lovely to see your post.
So much has happened I will Pm you later today to update you. Just hands full at mo.
I'm looking forward to seeing you on fbg thread again.
You are doing fantastically. I had to reduce my cheese, nuts and cream to lose 8kgs. Have you tried reducing those for weight loss?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Afternoon, my lovely, kind friends on Type 2 Life,

I'm so sorry I haven't logged in recently. I had my x-ray for the abdominal discomfort in my tummy and lower to middle back aches and pains. I had 2 tomato sandwiches to eat at different times today, on a different type of bread to the Bloomer crusty loaf that I've been posting about recently. I bought the 35 pence Sainsbury's Basics wholemeal loaf of bread because I figured it wouldn't contain as much complex carbohydrate and henceforth be more healthy for me. I haven't taken my blood glucose today or yesterday owing to not having any test strips but I requested some on repeat today for tomorrow so I'll take my blood sugars tomorrow. My back and sides really ache when getting out of a chair or out or into bed. Hope it goes soon.

Lots of love to you.

From,

Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970) a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Schizoid Personality xXx.

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @TooManyCrisps . Its lovely to see your post.
So much has happened I will Pm you later today to update you. Just hands full at mo.
I'm looking forward to seeing you on fbg thread again.
You are doing fantastically. I had to reduce my cheese, nuts and cream to lose 8kgs. Have you tried reducing those for weight loss?

Hi @ickihun. I think k will have to cut out the cheese amd cream for a few weeks. Ive just come home from work ravenous so have eaten a hard boiled egg and ignored the bag of Kettle Chips in the cupboard. No doubt my teenager will wolf it down in one go when he gets in!

Reactions: ickihun

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @TooManyCrisps Good to see you back posting again. Yes, I'm still here and still avoiding the meds too. I make three of us along with yourself and @Hiitsme who recently put weight back on. Still struggling with the last few pounds and- yes, I also saw a slight rise in HbA1c and daily fingerprick tests when I put the 10lbs on . It did serve to remind me that this is a lifestyle change that we can't deviate from. Unfortunately I have another medical condition which prevents me eating LCHF when I'm suffering a flare up. From now on it's IF or even full fasting for me when ill, I can't go back to higher carbs without the addiction starting up again:hungry: More bread more potatoes I cry! I hope that life is treating you well and that you'll continue to post on the forum - it's really great to hear from you:playful:
Well done for continuing to avoid the meds.
I am good about the low carbing but probably eat too much cheese. So I'll have to cut back on that for a bit. Im determined to get down to my goal weight by the autumn but that will mean losing a stone in total.

Reactions: Liam1955

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Well done for continuing to avoid the meds.
I am good about the low carbing but probably eat too much cheese. So I'll have to cut back on that for a bit. Im determined to get down to my goal weight by the autumn but that will mean losing a stone in total.
It's not easy is it? When I was in my 20/30s I could lose 5lbs in a week ( I never let myself gain more than 5lbs) now- not so much! I've just had a chunk of strong cheddar laced with chillies so I can't claim to offer advice there. :D. You can lose a stone by Autumn, we'll encourage each other

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi @TooManyCrisps .
I'm not sure how much you knew but in Nov I was taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack. All tests have come back clear. My beta blocker was increased and so far so good. In fact no chest pains since angiogram on friday gone. Just palpatations. I'll see my gp about it next week.
I've signed up for bariatric surgery as lchf diet started adding weight on me and no change to meds with the start of palpatations. I've exhausted all diets. I'm just on 150g carb 70g protein and normal fat. I will be going low fat on the start of zenical on the 10th.
Furthermore I'm being changed from huge doses of mixed insulin which force me to eat 3 meals to seperate insulins on the 12th. When I can skip a meal as long as I use a basal injection that day.
I think my water tummy is from the insulin mix rather than heart failure. I was cleared with a good heart so I'm sure I'm right. :) :) :)
Oh and my thyroid was too high and had to be re-adjusted on less which made me cry a lot, then sleep. All dandy now thou.
As you can imagine I've had over 20 hospital appointment within that time. I'm exhausted!
Neither wonder my backs broke. Ha ha

Reactions: TooManyCrisps

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @TooManyCrisps .
I'm not sure how much you knew but in Nov I was taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack. All tests have come back clear. My beta blocker was increased and so far so good. In fact no chest pains since angiogram on friday gone. Just palpatations. I'll see my gp about it next week.
I've signed up for bariatric surgery as lchf diet started adding weight on me and no change to meds with the start of palpatations. I've exhausted all diets. I'm just on 150g carb 70g protein and normal fat. I will be going low fat on the start of zenical on the 10th.
Furthermore I'm being changed from huge doses of mixed insulin which force me to eat 3 meals to seperate insulins on the 12th. When I can skip a meal as long as I use a basal injection that day.
I think my water tummy is from the insulin mix rather than heart failure. I was cleared with a good heart so I'm sure I'm right. :) :) :)
Oh and my thyroid was too high and had to be re-adjusted on less which made me cry a lot, then sleep. All dandy now thou.
As you can imagine I've had over 20 hospital appointment within that time. I'm exhausted!
Neither wonder my backs broke. Ha ha
Oh goodness, what a time you've had. At least it seems your heart's ok. That must have been very worrying. Such a pity the LCHF eating isn't helping at the minute. I guess it's difficult to lower the carbs further if you're on insulin? I hope things get sorted soon. It sounds like you're happier with the new insulin regime.

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's not easy is it? When I was in my 20/30s I could lose 5lbs in a week ( I never let myself gain more than 5lbs) now- not so much! I've just had a chunk of strong cheddar laced with chillies so I can't claim to offer advice there. :D. You can lose a stone by Autumn, we'll encourage each other
Thanks @13lizanne. I do try to be good but I love my food. Maybe I should stop buying cheese - my husband and older son don't like it so it's only me and the younger on who eat it. If it's not there then we can't nibble on it!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh goodness, what a time you've had. At least it seems your heart's ok. That must have been very worrying. Such a pity the LCHF eating isn't helping at the minute. I guess it's difficult to lower the carbs further if you're on insulin? I hope things get sorted soon. It sounds like you're happier with the new insulin regime.
I'm sure the new insulin regime will be better. I'm starting it on the 12th.
I'm hypoing a few too many times for me through the night at the mo. High afternoon bgs then night hypos. Humf!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How are you @Liam1955 ? Is your back behaving itself?

Meaning to ask if mine is a bulging disc rather than scatica would disc problem pain be intermittent or should it go away and then maybe flare up months later? Its just mine is constant. Any ideas?
I've ordered a dummy's guide to back pain relief but not arrived yet.
Seems more people are going back to physical books.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning all, my knee is much better now, thanks for asking, Vicki, swelling is gone and just have a slight ache there. Although - the older I get, the more I notice niggly pains in my joints etc. Something for you to look forward to :D

How are you today Johnny? @autisticwonder1970

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all, my knee is much better now, thanks for asking, Vicky, swelling is gone and just have a slight ache there. Although - the older I get, the more I notice niggly pains in my joints etc. Something for you to look forward to :D

How are you today Johnny? @autisticwonder1970
Oh no. More pain? If I was a dog ??? Ha ha
Lovely and sunny here. My low bg was due to high bg before supper and I'd taken an hour to go and come back from local shop yesterday. It seems to only help in a delayed fashion. Are you the same with regards to lower bg benefit from a long walk?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I need to walk for at least 40mins twice a day to help keep my bg levels down. If I don't walk it does affect my levels which are pretty steady every day so long as I eat lchf and exercise. I also have at least one 1.5-2hr walk at least once a week. I have to be consistent in both areas every day Vicki.

Reactions: Ultramum

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@13lizanne can I ask how you fit in 2 long walks each day? I think I would be much better in the morning if I could exercise after breakfast but I just cannot fit it in before I go to work. I can't rdmber if you're currently working? If so, I am very impressed. I have to leave the house by 7.15 in order to beat the rush hour traffic. I could get up, drive to work at 6.30, eat breakfast at work at 7 then walk for 45 minutes but would be in my work clothes (think smart suit). My motivation to exercise is severely lacking at that time if the morning! I do go to the gym every evening after dinner. I'm about to head over there now. I've also cycled to work a few times but it's 11 miles each way and it's such a pain having to take all my work clothes in my panniers along with my laptop etc. I know - excuses excuses!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@13lizanne can I ask how you fit in 2 long walks each day? I think I would be much better in the morning if I could exercise after breakfast but I just cannot fit it in before I go to work. I can't rdmber if you're currently working? If so, I am very impressed. I have to leave the house by 7.15 in order to beat the rush hour traffic. I could get up, drive to work at 6.30, eat breakfast at work at 7 then walk for 45 minutes but would be in my work clothes (think smart suit). My motivation to exercise is severely lacking at that time if the morning! I do go to the gym every evening after dinner. I'm about to head over there now. I've also cycled to work a few times but it's 11 miles each way and it's such a pain having to take all my work clothes in my panniers along with my laptop etc. I know - excuses excuses!
Hi, I'm retired now, hubby retired in May of last year so we go walking together. He's very physically fit and keeps me motivated. First walk straight after breakfast, second- either in afternoon if doing longer walk or, if 40min walk -after dinner more usually. Walking has always been a big part of our family life and we go on walking holidays rather than lying around a pool or beach. When it's raining or if I have a cold etc I have to force myself to go. It's a big weapon in my armoury for keeping the BG levels steady, today I've been 4.7, 4.8 - 5.0, 4.6 - 5.0, 5.3. @ickihun is going to go swimming, @Freema likes to exercise in the gym, looks like that fits your work/home schedule better. Good luck with whatever you do :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I'm retired now, hubby retired in May of last year so we go walking together. He's very physically fit and keeps me motivated. First walk straight after breakfast, second- either in afternoon if doing longer walk or, if 40min walk -after dinner more usually. Walking has always been a big part of our life and we go on walking holidays rather than lying around a pool or beach. When it's raining or if I have a cold etc I have to force myself to go. It's a big weapon in my armoury for keeping the BG levels steady, today I've been 4.7, 4.8 - 5.0, 4.6 - 5.0, 5.3. @ickihun is going to go swimming, @Freema likes to exercise in the gym, maybe that would fit your work/home schedule better. Good luck with whatever you decide :)

working in ones garden is also an enjoyable way to move for some people... :)