Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
19/5 - Morning all and Welcome to those who have joined us on here :) = @Geordie_P and @Helen444
I have remained/stayed the same as the last couple of weeks at 12 stone 12 lbs.
Well Done Everybody :).

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm slightly higher than last two Fridays at 146.8 lbs today.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi all, I would like to join the Friday weigh in if that OK. I was 238 lb when I was diagnosed a year ago. Quite quickly found this site and went low carb. Weight down to 214 lb this morning, so 24 lb lost so far. Trouble is, I am beginning to 'lose it' and having more and more 'treats', so need to get my act together! My initial aim is to get below 200 lb. In no hurry, as long as the scales and my HbA1c are moving in the right direction I will be happy.
Hi @Helen444, good to see you on the Friday weigh in thread. You are doing well, I know that feeling of being tempted and need to get my act together too.

Reactions: mo53 and Polgara

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon . I weighed myself this morning - 149 lbs, same as last week. I haven't exercised much this week as work has been manic. Hopefully I'll burn off a few more calories next week and see a drop.

We go on holiday 4 weeks today and I really want to be below 10 1/2 stone for that. Although as it's a UK holiday there's little chanel of me getting my bikini out whatever I weigh!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi all, I would like to join the Friday weigh in if that OK. I was 238 lb when I was diagnosed a year ago. Quite quickly found this site and went low carb. Weight down to 214 lb this morning, so 24 lb lost so far. Trouble is, I am beginning to 'lose it' and having more and more 'treats', so need to get my act together! My initial aim is to get below 200 lb. In no hurry, as long as the scales and my HbA1c are moving in the right direction I will be happy.
Welcome @Helen444 . we all have ups and downs but support does help. Especially when you hit a plateau or feel bored with same food. Any support is good for me, its always welcome. I need all the help I can get. ;)

Reactions: Polgara

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
19/5 - Morning all and Welcome to those who have joined us on here :) = @Geordie_P and @Helen444
I have remained/stayed the same as the last couple of weeks at 12 stone 12 lbs.
Well Done Everybody :).
Are you not tempted to ask for orilstat from gp? Mind u higher dose dapliflozin might help? i think it needs a nudge.♡♥♡

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Are you not tempted to ask for orilstat from gp? Mind u higher dose dapliflozin might help? i think it needs a nudge.♡♥♡

@ickihun - Already had/used Orlistat about 5 years ago and It did nothing for me, except make me 'Housebound'!!! (You know why?)
After 2 days of increased Dapagliflozin of 10mg = got a 5.6 this morning and totally never expected that! :)

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just back from a weeks holiday in Somerset and haven't weighed in for a month, I am 8st 13lbs so only a pound gain from my holiday so very impressed as thought it would be more :) I hope everyone is doing good and keeping positive, will hopefully loose this added pound now I'm back home with usual diet and foods then return to maintaining.

Reactions: jonbvn and Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
76.3 Kg this morning, up from 76.2 Kg last week. I seem to have plateaued at this weight.
That small amount could be water. I'd say either stayed the same or lost hun. Think positive.
Smiling uses more muscles so that alone is exercise! Has to be a winner, right? ;)

Reactions: Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This is in the be careful what you wish for category. I woke up a couple days ago too early with cramping in the muscles of my feet and legs. Gone was the edema I had been fighting, unfortunately, I suppose I need some. For with that nice slim 140 pounds, about three lower than normal and eight lower than recent edema weight, came horror pain.
Well done on your loss. I'm thinking of buying sports replacement salts. In 2 minds as my sweating has appeased now and foot cramping too. Worth thinking about thou ?

Reactions: Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Bariatric nurse and dietician seemed to be happy at my 3kg loss. Well 3.4kgs to be precise.
Another 2kgs to lose before I can proceed for op.
Not due for a weigh-in til mid-june now with dietician but seeing bariatric team decision makers after bank holiday.
I think they give the ya or nay!
Getting excited but nervous. Scary op but I just would like to skip down the street again. With no 20st+ body breaking my back.I cannot afford to wait another few yrs to get 2 stones off and still risk a similiar burn out I had a few yrs back. Then putting more back on.
I hope I'm being realistic but even just 5 stone loss would help me enormously.
Many with less complications can lose 10st+