Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
I'm thinking of you. I know what the breathing problem in illness is like and so distressing. I was frightened. I'm not proud enough to admit it. I'm dreading the winter, this year. I'm not convinced my asthma is as well controlled as it could be. Seeing nurse next week for review.
Use your health team. Call gp for a callback if need be. You shouldnt be suffering too much. Not in this day and age. Insist. Unless they know extent of complication they won't do more. Press them hun or get your carer/partner to do it for you.
There is more help.
You don't have to suffer in silience!
PM me to let me know how you get on. If you want too. ;)
Thanks again, ickihun. Finished antibiotics and had another chest x-ray. Still unwell so seeing GP again today. Haven't been testing since 9.2 fbs last week.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Lily76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
6.1 at 7:20 this morning.

I'm quite pleased by that. It's usually around 6.3 but the other day it was up to 7. I've kind of taken my foot off the gas during the last week (not ridiculously but I've certainly had things I shouldn't have.). My weight is still coming down though so I reckon I'm still on the mend as it were.
Ever onwards!

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
9.6 this morning. I suppose that is what happens when I eat grapes and am on very low medication. Time for a bit of a walk - actually feel like walking for the first time in some months. Think infection is in retreat :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks again, ickihun. Finished antibiotics and had another chest x-ray. Still unwell so seeing GP again today. Haven't been testing since 9.2 fbs last week.
Let me know what gp says.
Keep testing if you can (strips permitting). Ask for strips if you feel will help reduce bgs and inflammation. GP should help in such cases if not already allowed strips on prescription. GP may change your diabetes meds til infection gone, if still hanging around. 9s won't make you feel well even if infection has gone.
Getting good diabetes control will help any other fight your body may have. I hope your feeling better soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks ickihun. GP has given me more/ different antibiotics and steroids for the inflammation ( to stop the coughing) which he says will raise my blood sugars but only temporarily. Still awaiting results of last x-ray. I have just acquired a new pot of strips too. Even fewer carbs then from now on! Hubby says I'm on a "bread and water" diet without the bread!:hilarious::D
Hopefully an improve will be noticable soon. ;)
Try protein bread but only 2 slices maximum.

D

Deleted member 308541

4.8 at 5:30 am, that's the second day I have hit the fasting 4.0 mark I wonder why I have gone this low.

I got my blood test results from Thursday back yesterday, all good, I stay on five Digoxin as usual, and LFT shows I have been kind to my liver by cutting back on the beer.

Last edited by a moderator: