Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Nothing to forgive anyway OrsonKarrt with that score. :angelic: :)
I was born feeling guilty due to a very religious upbringing : " All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god" etc.... ... - (which I now view as emotional child abuse ), ........ hey ho I'm mainly over it...................... Have a nice day, its turning sunny here on the east coast , with a touch of Autumn on its way ......

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
I was born feeling guilty due to a very religious upbringing : " All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god" etc.... ... - (which I now view as emotional child abuse ), ........ hey ho I'm mainly over it...................... Have a nice day, its turning sunny here on the east coast , with a touch of Autumn on its way ......
Sounds like you are doing fine to me OrsonKarrt. I'm still stuck indoors with the dreaded bronchitis and blood sugars heading skywards. Enjoy the fine weather and have a good day. :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.6 this morning .... ? not really getting this 12.6 going to bed last night any advice on whats going on ? I take numerous meds but on two metformin not actually for the diabetes funnily enough been on it nearly 18 years for PCOS

If you count your number of grams of carbs you eat in a day , you´ll probably be able to get down into a normal level of blood gucose... like under 6.5mmol

try only to eat around 100-150 grams of carbs in total in a day.. this is the most relaible way to gain control

Last edited:
Reactions: bigjim19
D

Deleted member 308541

4.1 at 4:40 am, bit low methinks.

Had some blood tests done yesterday at the pathology shop, no fasting this time as I only had my Digoxin levels and a LFT done.

Hba1c and the all of the other tests will be in December as I went onto six monthly test for the hba1c.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Hi. 5.3 again yesterday morning around 6am. I usually go back to bed these days due to poor sleep patterns though (not helped by anti-rejection meds etc) and does regularly jump up a bit by midday most of the time (without any food) maybe as much as up to 7mmols before going back down again. Anyway, I think lack of exercise due to being bone idle contributes and I have not worked in a long time now! On a positive note, eye check results no retinopathy.