What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Discopants9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
has anyone tried the Glutten free Pizza express Pizza's they have 19 carbs per half a pizza, I tried one the other day and didn't push up my BS by much at all

Reactions: Brunneria

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello all
B - nothing,
L - leftover lamb and veg stew
D - tonight will be chicken wings with a chilli and lime marinade and salad a glass or 2 of red wine and possibly some salted nuts.

Have a lovely weekend. X

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
has anyone tried the Glutten free Pizza express Pizza's they have 19 carbs per half a pizza, I tried one the other day and didn't push up my BS by much at all

I’ve had the dominos GF pizza, but not the Pizza Express.

V hard to work out the carbs in the Dominoes one though! They give the carbs per slice, then supply the pizza unsliced. :banghead:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I’ve had the dominos GF pizza, but not the Pizza Express.

V hard to work out the carbs in the Dominoes one though! They give the carbs per slice, then supply the pizza unsliced. :banghead:

Why not give them a ring and ask them how many slices there are in a pizza? OMG..... I could murder a pizza.....

ETA - you can google it and it gives the number of slices in the various different sizes...

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Mid morning brunch small slice toast butter 1 fried egg coffee
Lunch nothing to eat cup coffee
Planned evening meal Baked salmon with cauliflower cup tea may follow with yogurt and four strawberries. K

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All over the place today. Went to bed very early as falling asleep on the sofa (tested my bloods as it's a while since that happened but was 4.8 so obviously just tired). Then woke up with cramp in foot at 1.40am and never got back to sleep. Gave up around 3am and got up. Was then ravenous by 9.30am - usually not hungry at all in the morning.

Breakfast - emergency 30g pack of mixed nuts from the newly opened Co-op at the end of the road I work on.

Lunch - still hungry. Local cafe to the rescue. 2 rashers bacon, 2 fried eggs and some fried tomatoes. Added in a 40g bar of 85% chocolate from said Co-op - 10 carbs but no spike.

Dinner - will be the remains of the M&S chicken souvlaki kebabs with broccoli; raspberries and cream for dessert.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why not give them a ring and ask them how many slices there are in a pizza? OMG..... I could murder a pizza.....

ETA - you can google it and it gives the number of slices in the various different sizes...
My hubby always says he wants it cut into 6 slices because 8 slices are too much. Keep telling him it's a lousy joke.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed on 6.3 FBG was 5.8 and pre breakfast was also 6 3. Currently down at 4.9 despite the efforts of no 2 grandson who decided swallowing a stainless steel ball was a good idea. Was No 1s birthday today. Thankfully No 2 didn't manage to ruin it.
B. 1 Slice black pudding, 3 rashers streaky crispy bacon, 2 scrambled eggs. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Few fresh anchovies, tablespoon of prawns, 20g cornish cove, 4 mozzarella pearls, few bits beetroot salad, lettuce and 3 cherry tomatoes. Marigold Swiss bouillon.
D. Going to have spatchcock Chook shortly with Jerk seasoning. About to open Instant Pot to pop in some mini potatoes for hubby. Have a pot of mixed greens to go with it.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today ...

Breakfast: Two cups of double decaffeinated espressso with cream and xylitol. A home-made low-carb roll with mayonnaise, cheddar and avocado.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: Ate out our favorite tapas place. Two glasses of red wine, two small skewers of lamb and bellpepper, fried sardines, some almonds and green olives.

Snack: Two squares of 85% chocolate.

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning! :) (23/9/17)
Friday- very busy day! Shopping!! Supposedly for curtains and rods, but also ended up buying carpet too! :D
B= my version of Paleo porridge in Macadamia milk.... very filling ! :hungry:
L- None
D- mushroom omelette with pinenuts and pesto and side salad :joyful:
I drank atleast 3L of still water.... lost track whilst on shopping spree!! :D

Saturday
B- hard boiled eggs x2 with organic wholegrain rice cracker and ginger/lemon tea with turmeric
L- not a lot! out again today... not sure if will eat, but I carry a Paleo bar with me just incase! :hungry:
D- Hubby making me an aubergine lasagna with vegan 'cheese' :angelic:
Plenty of still water, aim for 4L per day

Hope you have a lovely weekend :cool:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Saturday...

Breakfast: two rashers of grilled bacon and one dry fried egg

Lunch: probably will pop in to Morrisons and buy a punnet of raspberries to eat while out and about

Dinner: Mr C is cooking - its something to do with lamb and salad and a dip based on full fat yoghurt -

Drinks: Tassimo black decaff coffee with breakfast, black decaff Costa coffee mid to late morning in Costa, sparkling mineral water until bed with a few glasses of Prosecco or red wine around dinner and early evening time.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Celebrating this afternoon - just been shopping and was amazed to find that I fitted into a size 14 top in not one, but three different shops! At the turn of the year I was in a 26, sometimes a 28. New autumn/winter wardrobe is shaping up nicely.

@maglil55 I also stopped by M&S and stocked up on chicken souvlaki kebabs and lemon and herb salmon flatties: the latter look delicious.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - none

Dinner - will be a chicken leg with a side of cauliflower cheese, and possibly some raspberries and cream.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Celebrating this afternoon - just been shopping and was amazed to find that I fitted into a size 14 top in not one, but three different shops! At the turn of the year I was in a 26, sometimes a 28. New autumn/winter wardrobe is shaping up nicely.

@maglil55 I also stopped by M&S and stocked up on chicken souvlaki kebabs and lemon and herb salmon flatties: the latter look delicious.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - none

Dinner - will be a chicken leg with a side of cauliflower cheese, and possibly some raspberries and cream.

That is ABSOLUTELY and AMAZINGLY fantastic. Big well done. You must be feeling in top of the World and rightfully so x

Reactions: ziggy_w

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning! :) (23/9/17)
Friday- very busy day! Shopping!! Supposedly for curtains and rods, but also ended up buying carpet too! :D
B= my version of Paleo porridge in Macadamia milk.... very filling ! :hungry:
L- None
D- mushroom omelette with pinenuts and pesto and side salad :joyful:
I drank atleast 3L of still water.... lost track whilst on shopping spree!! :D

Saturday
B- hard boiled eggs x2 with organic wholegrain rice cracker and ginger/lemon tea with turmeric
L- not a lot! out again today... not sure if will eat, but I carry a Paleo bar with me just incase! :hungry:
D- Hubby making me an aubergine lasagna with vegan 'cheese' :angelic:
Plenty of still water, aim for 4L per day

Hope you have a lovely weekend :cool:
That post was full of cheery sunshine on a gloomy day

Reactions: maglil55

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello all

B - nothing
L - toasted protein roll with butter, piece of cheddar and pkt pork scratchings
D - not sure yet but will include red wine, it is the weekend and have a drippy nose sore throat and feeling very miserable

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Breakfast - none

Lunch - none

That's pretty darn awesome!
I've had the salmon ones before and they are good. Have to say Markies are getting more stuff in that is edible by us.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I know what fasting feels like as I've had an unintentional fast. Bed on 5.3 FBG 5.6 and I don't have a pre breakfast as it didn't happen. Worst I got was 6.3 but currently I am 4.1 so think I'd better eat soon.
Was running late this morning so straight to swimming with No 1 who is still in the birthday spirit. Dropped of DIL , picked up son and No 2 (who is none the worse for having swallowed the stainless steel ball) after swimming and took them and shopping home. Trouble is son forgot to tell me we needed to collect No 1s party cake for tomorrow and it was way over the other side of town on a Saturday!! After much trailing about eventually got for my shopping about 3.30pm and I still had to Hoover the car and put the rear seats up as I'm transporting kiddies to the party tomorrow (I have a 7 seater). So 6.40pm and I'm trying to decide what to eat

B. Nothing
L. Nothing - only had loads of still water
D. Had 30g Applewood smoked while I thought about it. Decided on remains of spatchcocked Chook with lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado and 4 mozzarella pearls. My Fitness Pal is going to hate me today.
Think I'll have a wee prosecco as well as I reckon I deserve it.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is ABSOLUTELY and AMAZINGLY fantastic. Big well done. You must be feeling in top of the World and rightfully so x

That's pretty darn awesome!
I've had the salmon ones before and they are good. Have to say Markies are getting more stuff in that is edible by us.

Thanks @Chook and @maglil55. Can’t quite get over that I can go into ordinary shops and try on almost anything I want. A complete novelty!

Salmon is on the menu for tomorrow.

Reactions: ziggy_w

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I know what fasting feels like as I've had an unintentional fast. Bed on 5.3 FBG 5.6 and I don't have a pre breakfast as it didn't happen. Worst I got was 6.3 but currently I am 4.1 so think I'd better eat soon.
Was running late this morning so straight to swimming with No 1 who is still in the birthday spirit. Dropped of DIL , picked up son and No 2 (who is none the worse for having swallowed the stainless steel ball) after swimming and took them and shopping home. Trouble is son forgot to tell me we needed to collect No 1s party cake for tomorrow and it was way over the other side of town on a Saturday!! After much trailing about eventually got for my shopping about 3.30pm and I still had to Hoover the car and put the rear seats up as I'm transporting kiddies to the party tomorrow (I have a 7 seater). So 6.40pm and I'm trying to decide what to eat

B. Nothing
L. Nothing - only had loads of still water
D. Had 30g Applewood smoked while I thought about it. Decided on remains of spatchcocked Chook with lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado and 4 mozzarella pearls. My Fitness Pal is going to hate me today.
Think I'll have a wee prosecco as well as I reckon I deserve it.
Scrub to 1/2 avocado- had 3 Walnuts and 1/2 boiled egg instead and am currently having that prosecco. Libre not happy - it reckons I'm 3.6 - I'm not still 4.1.

shoesy24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBA 7.6!!!!!
Glass of water and lemon juice
Breakfast chia and greek yog with a squidge of honey.
Water.
Lunch carrots and hummous, almonds and cheese and ham

Before dinner 5.5.
Dinner 2 eggs sausage and bacon with wholemeal toast

Now im out of strips- left over from pregnancy. Will buy sone tomorrow and order some on prescription too. Learning a lot.
Been a busy 2 days.
White wine now.