What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congrats on dropping your dress size, @Goonergal. Great achievement.

Saturday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Celeriac-broccoli mash with lamb, onions, bellpepper, sundried tomato pesto and cheese.

Dinner: 125g tuna sashimi with homemade lime-galangal-honey-horseradish sauce, half an avocado, half a homemade low-carb roll with hummus, some hommade low-carb chocolate mousse.

Last edited:

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Chook and @maglil55. Can’t quite get over that I can go into ordinary shops and try on almost anything I want. A complete novelty!

Salmon is on the menu for tomorrow.
I think you've hit the nail on the head there , when you're shopping for things you like not to to cover up then it's no longer an ordeal. Every now and then I still pick up a large / extra large and get a nice surprise when it swamps me.

Well done

x

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you've hit the nail on the head there , when you're shopping for things you like not to to cover up then it's no longer an ordeal. Every now and then I still pick up a large / extra large and get a nice surprise when it swamps me.

Well done

x

Thanks!

Reactions: Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just back from No 1s birthday party - great success. Got to say the staff at Dynamic Earth are amazing. How they keep so many 'small life forms' together I don't know. Anyway , bed 4.1 (not a mistake I do mean 4.1) FBG 3.8 (yes I do mean that too ) and pre breakfast was also 4.1. Really odd yesterday Libre was scanning in very low 3s but I was actually 3.7 up to 4.1 which is still quite low for me. Certainly did more jabbing yesterday. Started up a new sensor and this one is scanning 0.5 or 0.6 above. The unintentional fast yesterday certainly took the BGs lower.

B. With the party in mind I had 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of roast pork. Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream.
L. Black coffee at the party and lots of water.
D. Usual Campari and soda and a wee prosecco (maybe 2)
Thai tonight to start
Squid and mixed veg batons, ribs and spicy chicken wings
Stir fry of chicken with garlic and black pepper, mixed seafood red curry and a duck Stir fry. Cauliflower rice with spring onion and ginger (stir fried rice for the others). I must add these are dishes to share - I'm not eating them all myself but will have a little of each.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
B: busy morning so forgot to have anything, then got a bit wobbly and ate two nutty bar things, 10 very slow release g carbs in each. No impact on Libre screen :D
L: two macdonalds burgers, minus the buns and a big bottle of water.
D: roast chicken leg with cabbage, green beans and broccoli followed by berries and cream

Today:
B: scram eggs
L: caesar salad. Only problem was that once i had removed the garlic croutons, it was absurdly small. Took me 1/3 the time to eat that my companions took. Which means I'm gonna be peckish for this evenings meal
D: intending to have beef rib with side salad and as few chips as i can resist. The onion rings will go to Mr B and the sweetcorn will be left completely. Isn't it amazing that nowadays it is 'normal' to have a plate containing huge beer-battered onion rings, a vast pile of chips AND sweetcorn at the same time? That is no one's idea of a 'balanced' diet.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @Goonergal , it's a great feeling buying smaller sized clothes.

B - yoghurt
L 2 slices salami, 1 boiled egg, piece of cheese and pork scratchings
D - will be roast chicken, broccoli and cauliflower, possibly some yoghurt for pud, still feeling rotten , red wine may help.
X
Wine always helps especially after a children's party with lots of excited small life forms

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @hca

Another fasting day today. Glorious sunshine here and spent the day wandering around Kew Gardens. If I hadn’t been fasting there were some half decent food options: packs of pork crackling, roast chicken (although in addition to potatoes the only veg were carrots and parsnips, which are too carby for me), salads without lots of carbs, even a chia pudding made with coconut milk - that had mango purée on top though, but was impressed they even had it.

Breakfast - none
Lunch - none

Dinner - felt very indulgent - added in a few treats to get calories and fat up. M&S lemon and herb salmon flatties with a mound of buttered cabbage and cauliflower, raspberries and cream, 2 squares Lindt 90%.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday ...

Breakfast: One double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Half a homemade low-carb roll with hummus.

Lunch: A cornsalad with Caesar's dressing, parmesan and chicken breast.

Dinner: Tuna sashimi with homemade lime-galangal-horseradish-honey dip, half an avocado, half a low-carb roll with hummus.

Reactions: Chook and Goonergal

JenniferG

Chocolate Waffle topped w/ Butter, Whipped Cream and Warm Raspberries
4g net carbs

2s77wqb.jpg

Whipped cream was homemade in stand mixer along with a few drops of Stevia. 1 oz of frozen raspberries were warmed up into a "syrup" in the microwave. 1 tbsp of butter on top as well :)

Topping tasted heavenly -- no need for syrup! However, I need to work on the chocolate waffle recipe (got this one from Keto Cleanse by Emmerich... it's egg based and was a bit bland maybe because I used liquid stevia instead of swerve).

Last edited:
Reactions: Chook and ziggy_w

JenniferG

Cheese Puff Pizza
(Using Dr. Bernstein's Cheese Puff recipe for the base)

Use a thick tomato paste with your favorite italian spices mixed in for the sauce. The drier the sauce the better so the crust doesn't get soggy.

Top with some mozzarella and pepperoni :). (or whatever you like). Then throw in broiler (grill) for 2 1/2 mins until browned.

d63cj.jpg

Reactions: Chook and ziggy_w

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Chocolate Waffle topped w/ Butter, Whipped Cream and Warm Raspberries
4g net carbs

2s77wqb.jpg

Whipped cream was homemade in stand mixer along with a few drops of Stevia. 1 oz of frozen raspberries were warmed up into a "syrup" in the microwave. 1 tbsp of butter on top as well :)

Topping tasted heavenly -- no need for syrup! However, I need to work on the chocolate waffle recipe (got this one from Keto Cleanse by Emmerich... it's egg based and was a bit bland maybe because I used liquid stevia instead of swerve).

Love it! I will have to come up with vegan and GF version!

Reactions: ziggy_w

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been so busy today
B- my Paleo mix soaked overnight in macadamia milk
L- Apple and kiwi 500ml water
D- Hubby made big Sunday lunch.... I had a few veggies with GF gravy 1x baby toast potato!

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday
B: busy morning so forgot to have anything, then got a bit wobbly and ate two nutty bar things, 10 very slow release g carbs in each. No impact on Libre screen :D
L: two macdonalds burgers, minus the buns and a big bottle of water.
D: roast chicken leg with cabbage, green beans and broccoli followed by berries and cream

Today:
B: scram eggs
L: caesar salad. Only problem was that once i had removed the garlic croutons, it was absurdly small. Took me 1/3 the time to eat that my companions took. Which means I'm gonna be peckish for this evenings meal
D: intending to have beef rib with side salad and as few chips as i can resist. The onion rings will go to Mr B and the sweetcorn will be left completely. Isn't it amazing that nowadays it is 'normal' to have a plate containing huge beer-battered onion rings, a vast pile of chips AND sweetcorn at the same time? That is no one's idea of a 'balanced' diet.
Yes weird what we get used to being offered in a menu!
As a veggie for nearly 40 years I've been offered some strange combos! But much easier to eat out nowadays!
I love the slow release Paleo chewy bars.... I always have 2 in my hand bag along with trusty BG test kit!!

Reactions: Chook

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @hca

Another fasting day today. Glorious sunshine here and spent the day wandering around Kew Gardens. If I hadn’t been fasting there were some half decent food options: packs of pork crackling, roast chicken (although in addition to potatoes the only veg were carrots and parsnips, which are too carby for me), salads without lots of carbs, even a chia pudding made with coconut milk - that had mango purée on top though, but was impressed they even had it.

Breakfast - none
Lunch - none

Dinner - felt very indulgent - added in a few treats to get calories and fat up. M&S lemon and herb salmon flatties with a mound of buttered cabbage and cauliflower, raspberries and cream, 2 squares Lindt 90%.
Kew gardens was one of my must sees when I went to London 20 years ago to visit my son! would love to go back again sometime

Reactions: Chook and Goonergal

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Sunday...

Breakfast: Lidl protein roll toasted cheese

Lunch: Raspberries

Dinner: (at a friend's house) Roast chicken, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, carrots, gravy - I skipped the bread based stuffing, roast tatties and roast parsnips - I really missed my home made no added sugar cranberry sauce...

Snack: Peanuts

Drinks: Black coffee until lunchtime then water and a couple of glasses of red wine with dinner.

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning!
A bright Monday here!
B- omelette with baby spinach and baby salad leaves with pesto and hummus followed by a tetley berry infusion tea
L- nothing (getting used to fasting thru lunch!)
D- we have plans to eat out if hubby not too tired. So might be fish for a change
Plenty of still water thru rest of day (just finished 1L)