Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my lovely friends on the Type 2 Life thread of the http://www.diabetes.co.uk website, today, Sunday 8th October 2017 Anno Domini, (Disney Channel's "Shake It Up" television actress, and my latest crush, Bella Thorne's 20th birthday), at 7:21 Ante Meridian British Summer Time,

I am writing to impart to you all, my friends indeed, that I got impulsive triggers yesterday evening to eat complex carbohydrates after being insatiably hungry and not having the motivation to cook a balanced meal and ate a plateful of steamed, halved potatoes, peeled and seasoned with a light layer of salt, but I'm working on my motivation in the next three sessions of cognitive behaviour therapy for my Asperger Syndrome so that's good.

My fasting blood glucose reading, this morning, Bella Thorne's 20th birthday, after taking my lixisenatide glucagon-like peptide 20 mcg incretin mimetic subcutaneous injection, 1000 mg of metformin, 10 mg of ramipril, 2.5 mg of bendroflumethiazide, 10 mg of amlodipine, 2 5 mg bisacodyl tablets, 200 mg of carbamazepine and 400 mcg of tamsulosin was a very good 6.4 mmol/L bearing in mind I missed my 80 mg of atorvastatin and 200 mg of carbamazepine last night owing to having an early night and due to being a heavy sleeper didn't wake up to my mobile prompting me to take it at 8:00 Post Meridian British Summer Time. These are all things I've got to work on with my senior clinical psychologist called Siobhan in my cognitive behaviour therapy sessions remaining and the additional sessions of treatment if funding is awarded for my full Asperger Syndrome which is challenging and concerning and has an unpredictable routine.

Lots of love to you all and I'm so sorry for my lack of stickability with the LCHF diet. Today's a new day so I'll try again today. From Johnny, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome xXx.

Reactions: debrasue
D

debrasue

Good Morning, my lovely friends on the Type 2 Life thread of the http://www.diabetes.co.uk website, today, Sunday 8th October 2017 Anno Domini, (Disney Channel's "Shake It Up" television actress, and my latest crush, Bella Thorne's 20th birthday), at 7:21 Ante Meridian British Summer Time,

I am writing to impart to you all, my friends indeed, that I got impulsive triggers yesterday evening to eat complex carbohydrates after being insatiably hungry and not having the motivation to cook a balanced meal and ate a plateful of steamed, halved potatoes, peeled and seasoned with a light layer of salt, but I'm working on my motivation in the next three sessions of cognitive behaviour therapy for my Asperger Syndrome so that's good.

My fasting blood glucose reading, this morning, Bella Thorne's 20th birthday, after taking my lixisenatide glucagon-like peptide 20 mcg incretin mimetic subcutaneous injection, 1000 mg of metformin, 10 mg of ramipril, 2.5 mg of bendroflumethiazide, 10 mg of amlodipine, 2 5 mg bisacodyl tablets, 200 mg of carbamazepine and 400 mcg of tamsulosin was a very good 6.4 mmol/L bearing in mind I missed my 80 mg of atorvastatin and 200 mg of carbamazepine last night owing to having an early night and due to being a heavy sleeper didn't wake up to my mobile prompting me to take it at 8:00 Post Meridian British Summer Time. These are all things I've got to work on with my senior clinical psychologist called Siobhan in my cognitive behaviour therapy sessions remaining and the additional sessions of treatment if funding is awarded for my full Asperger Syndrome which is challenging and concerning and has an unpredictable routine.

Lots of love to you all and I'm so sorry for my lack of stickability with the LCHF diet. Today's a new day so I'll try again today. From Johnny, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome xXx.
I like that - 'it's a new day so try again'. That's a great attitude to have and it will get you a long way in life. Well done, Johnny. 'Never give up, never surrender' is another one I like, too.
I liked your mention of British Summer Time, although that won't be here for long now, will it, as we'll be turning the clocks back an hour at the end of the month to comply with Greenwich Mean Time. I know some people find that depressing, (apart from getting an extra hour in bed!:)), but I take the longer view and just look at it as another step on the road towards the Spring. When I was young I could never remember whether the clocks were supposed to be turned back or forward, so my mum taught me the phrase "Spring forward, Fall back" (using the American word, fall, instead of Autumn). Catchy, isn't it? Reminds me of jumping... I've never forgotten which way to turn the clocks since! :)
Have a great day, Johnny!
Hugs

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I like that - 'it's a new day so try again'. That's a great attitude to have and it will get you a long way in life. Well done, Johnny. 'Never give up, never surrender' is another one I like, too.
I liked your mention of British Summer Time, although that won't be here for long now, will it, as we'll be turning the clocks back an hour at the end of the month to comply with Greenwich Mean Time. I know some people find that depressing, (apart from getting an extra hour in bed!:)), but I take the longer view and just look at it as another step on the road towards the Spring. When I was young I could never remember whether the clocks were supposed to be turned back or forward, so my mum taught me the phrase "Spring forward, Fall back" (using the American word, fall, instead of Autumn). Catchy, isn't it? Reminds me of jumping... I've never forgotten which way to turn the clocks since! :)
Have a great day, Johnny!
Hugs
Good Afternoon, my lovely friend, @debrasue, and a big hug to you,

"Spring forward, fall back" is a good phrase to learn, bless your dear Mum for advising you on that.

I've just googled the date of when British Summer Time ends and Greenwich Mean Time begins in 2017 Anno Domini, In The Year Of Our Lord, and it is 12:00 Ante Meridian Greenwich Mean Time on Sunday 29th October 2017 Anno Domini.

I've just come back from worshipping God, the Eternal Father and His Son Jesus Christ at my Mormon Temple in 149 Nightingale Lane, Balham, SW12. It was really good and I sat in the pew to the rear of the Temple and sang 3 hymns from hymn books, 30, 149 and 219.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My Blood Glucose Reading, today, on Monday 9th October 2017 Anno Domini at 9:31 Ante Meridian British Summer Time, after eating 2 slices of toast made with Hovis Granary bread, with a good spread of Sainsbury's soft spread on each slice plus taking my morning medication was 9.5 Millimoles Per Litre.

A very Good Morning to all my friends love from Johnny xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood glucose reading, today, Monday 9th October 2017 Anno Domini at 11:45 Ante Meridian British Summer Time is a very good, healthy 4.8 Millimoles Per Litre.

I haven't eaten anything since the buttered toast that I posted about before and have ingested 1 mug of instant coffee with milk and 2 teaspoons of Sucralose. I've also ingested 5 transparent plastic cups of tap water.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
It is now 20 past midnight and yesterday I ate a Sainsbury's deep pan cheesy pepperoni pizza and 2 bowls of Weetabix with sugar and milk. Just had a coffee with milk and 2 sugars. My blood sugar's 7.3.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I wanted to let everyone know that I'll be busy for a little while. I've been accepted on a training course run by Capita. The course lasts for 3 weeks and is followed by a 2 week work placement and an interview for an admin job. I'm nervous and excited at the same time! The course starts on Monday next week so I haven't got much time to prepare. Wish me luck :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wanted to let everyone know that I'll be busy for a little while. I've been accepted on a training course run by Capita. The course lasts for 3 weeks and is followed by a 2 week work placement and an interview for an admin job. I'm nervous and excited at the same time! The course starts on Monday next week so I haven't got much time to prepare. Wish me luck :)

Excellent news, @Diamum5972 . I hope it goes really well for you.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
So pleased for you , hope all goes well. X

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm so happy for you about your training course/job prospect, @Diamum5972 blessings on you and I pray it goes well for you.

I had a good day today and for my breakfast, I ate 1 bowl of choccy shreddies and Weetabix and milk and my blood sugar was regrettably a very hyperglycaemic 10.6 mmol/L.

Lots of love from Johnny xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I cooked jerked roasted pork shoulder steaks and boiled microwaved basmati rice and had 3 platefuls. My blood sugar at 3:42 pm was 8.9, a bit high, even though I didn't have as much basmati as I normally do.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
my lovely friendMy blood sugar after 2 glasses of prune juice, 3 glasses of tap water and 2 mugs of coffee with sweetener was a staggering 11.1. got to get the dried prunes on Tuesday to avoid the high fructose and glucose in the prune juice like @debrasue taught me on this fab forum. thanks, @debrasue my lovely friend, hugs to you and all my other friends on type 2 life from johnny, a sufferer of Asperger syndrome xXx.

D

debrasue

my lovely friendMy blood sugar after 2 glasses of prune juice, 3 glasses of tap water and 2 mugs of coffee with sweetener was a staggering 11.1. got to get the dried prunes on Tuesday to avoid the high fructose and glucose in the prune juice like @debrasue taught me on this fab forum. thanks, @debrasue my lovely friend, hugs to you and all my other friends on type 2 life from johnny, a sufferer of Asperger syndrome xXx.
Good luck with the prunes, Johnny - don't eat too many of them! :)

D

debrasue

Good luck, Barbara!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I feel so sad. Awful news today Keiran's paternal grandmother T2 for several years is terminally ill in hospital palliative care the only option with vascular dementia caused by her diabetes we are devastated.

Sorry to have posted this but needed to get it off my chest diabetes is heartless and without pity.and I hate it.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I feel so sad. Awful news today Keiran's paternal grandmother T2 for several years is terminally ill in hospital palliative care the only option with vascular dementia caused by her diabetes we are devastated.

Sorry to have posted this but needed to get it off my chest diabetes is heartless and without pity.and I hate it.
So sorry to hear this John. Thoughts are with you all .xxx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Oh sorry to hear the sad news. :(
Diabetes is a bas/ard.
I always worry that even things not caused by diabetes can get the blame thou. I know there is added risk but even none diabetics get it hun.
Very very bad luck on her part, for sure.
What's weird is we may never get it, hopefully.
Life is a funny thing. I'll never truely understand it. Maybe ying and yang, not sure. I believe definitely we are jigsaw puzzle pieces. We try and fit along nicely without blisters or other friction. Not always successful thou.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@tina_marie @ickihun Thank you for your kind thoughts.

The thing is her OH keiran's other grand dad his diabetes is controlled because his health team took his condition seriously. And had adequate medication prescribed.

She was told your diabetic because your fat though it was the other way round told to lose weight and put on 500 mg of metformin that was over eight years ago and her medication was never changed from just 500 mg of metformin even though blood sugar was never controlled. Makes me mad just thinking about it.

Last edited:
D

debrasue

The thing is her OH keiran's other grand dad his diabetes is controlled because his health team took his condition seriously. And had adequate medication prescribed.

She was told your diabetic because your fat though it was the other way round told to lose weight and put on 500 mg of metformin that was over eight years ago and her medication was never changed from just 500 mg of metformin even though blood sugar was never controlled. Makes me mad just thinking about it.
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, John. You're right - diabetes is a cruel disease, and so is any kind of dementia, robbing us of the essence of the person we love and leaving behind a stranger in a familiar shell. It's hard not to recognise the culpability of her medical team and your anger at that is understandable. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones at such a sad time. Hugs.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Yep. Sounds familiar until my gp got a hba1c of 117 from me then it all changed.
Sooooooo many are being told the same and no meter offered. At least I got a meter with my metformin.
Mind u yearly hba1cs but it just takes another person like me who travelled around for work to get forgotten about. It makes me soooo mad too.
I feel like getting these meter companies together and getting them to do reduced strips for certain criterias which the nhs neglect? Afterall they are making enough from people like me to give at least one person discount! Accucheck is in my old home town, Haywards heath/burgess hill. West sussex.
I'm due a visit!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: rosalindp