JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thanks all she was diagnosed with dementia just three months ago with a scan that showed irreversible damage. The doctors are mystified as to why she had been left so long on just 500mg of met they like I and her OH think it is insane.

Nothing they can do now but keep her comfortable. Her mother died of the same thing.

Keiran is now avoiding carbs like the plague.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks all she was diagnosed with dementia just three months ago with a scan that showed irreversible damage. The doctors are mystified as to why she had been left so long on just 500mg of met they like I and her OH think it is insane.

Nothing they can do now but keep her comfortable. Her mother died of the same thing.

Keiran is now avoiding carbs like the plague.
It's very very sad.
Whenever, will they learn? :( :( :(

I know if I go in a home, I'm dead anyway. I'd rot to death as carers believe old people should just have what makes them happy to eat. I'll be addited to sugar in no time. :(

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I awoke this morning and had 1 mug of tea with 3 demerara sugar lumps and then a mug of coffee with 2 demerara sugar lumps and another mug of tea with 2 demerara sugar lumps and 2 slices of Kingsmill toast with Clover margarine and 5 cups of tap water. I haven't taken my morning medication yet. I also visited my friend Sandra. My blood sugar at 11:49 ante meridian british summer time was 11.6.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
It's very very sad.
Whenever, will they learn? :( :( :(

I know if I go in a home, I'm dead anyway. I'd rot to death as carers believe old people should just have what makes them happy to eat. I'll be addited to sugar in no time. :(
I've told Ron I'll never let him go in a home . No matter what happens . Think I'll open one especially for those with diabetes . Then you can move in Vicky .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
It is now 3:13 postmeridian British summer time and I have ingested 1 mug of tea with no sugar and later on another mug of tea with no sugar and I have also ingested 6 cups of tap water. I'm going to cook roasted chicken thighs and chicken drumsticks with roast potatoes and steamed Brussel sprouts and steamed cauliflower. I'm now defrosting the chicken in the microwave on a low setting. My blood sugar is now 4.7. I must embark on the LCHF diet again after that blip of sweet teas and coffees. I have got some soya and linseed bread in the fridge so that will be good for it. I'll only have 2 roast potatoes with my chicken and plenty of vegetables. I'm cooking it for Ioanna, too and she's going to eat around here because she has no electricity as her prepayment meter has run out.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I awoke this morning and had 1 mug of tea with 3 demerara sugar lumps and then a mug of coffee with 2 demerara sugar lumps and another mug of tea with 2 demerara sugar lumps and 2 slices of Kingsmill toast with Clover margarine and 5 cups of tap water. I haven't taken my morning medication yet. I also visited my friend Sandra. My blood sugar at 11:49 ante meridian british summer time was 11.6.
Johnny why sugar in your drinks? Have you ran out of sweetner tablets/pips?
That 11.6 is most likely from the sugar hun.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I bet your tempted to throw that sugar out @JohnnyBaker12021970 ? If I know you thou, you keep it for your friends.
The things you do to please your friends. ;)

If they knew the damage it caused you they would bring their own, maybe.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hope everyone is well?
I'm looking forward to kids been off next week. We have a halloween farm day out planned. Spooky! Ha ha

Really enjoying halloween again. :) :) :)

Reactions: debrasue

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
At 10:27 ante meridian british summer time this morning I had a mug of prune juice and 2 slices of Kingsmill toast with Clover margarine and a glass of tap water. I haven't taken my morning medication yet. My blood sugar at this time was 12.2. I'll be glad when my carer collects my money tomorrow afternoon and takes me shopping to buy me some tiny packets of dried prunes because this prune juice is giving me exorbitant blood sugar readings. I should have used the soya and linseed bread for my toast, too, but, if I'm honest, it's too bitty and the texture and consistency is too dry. I'm particular about this due to the sensory sensitivity in my Asperger Syndrome. That's why I had the Kingsmill but Kingsmill is very high in carbs. I've also smoked 14 roll-ups today out of the tobacco Matthew bought me on Saturday evening. I wish he hadn't, but I'd ran out of NRT mouth sprays (which I'm becoming dependent on) and I was fighting crave after crave. I now owe Matthew £23.78, thirteen pounds something for the old holborn tobacco, £1.00 for the 2 packets of green Rizla's, and some shopping he bought for me, which included the Kingsmill bread and the Clover. I didn't really need the food but Matthew needed to spend a fiver (condition of the green Indian shop on South Lambeth Road) before he bought my Rizla's. I must stick to the Vogel's soya and linseed bread (low carb bread) and fight the sensory sensitivity ASD symptom. You're correct, @ickihun, the sugar is for my friends coz they love a cuppa with sugar.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm just watching any which way you can with clint Eastwood, Sondra locke, Geoffrey lewis and ruth Gordon as "ma" on sky comedy on sky channel 308. philo's truck has just caught fire. that's clint Eastwood's character who is a bare-knuckle fighter in the film. "ma" is very funny, the way she carries on and moans and curses about philo's pet orang-utan ape called Clyde. so far, I've drunk a mug of coffee with 2 sweeteners and 1 apple and 1 fruit tea with 2 sweeteners. my blood sugar at 1:31 pm bst is a very healthy 5.8 mmol/L.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Ron has his diabetes review in the morning so will let you know how he gets on when we're back.

Reactions: ickihun

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My senior clinical psychologist from the Maudsley Psychiatric Hospital contacted me today and informed me that as well as having Asperger Syndrome, she's observed a full symptom pattern of Adult ADHD, and that past diagnoses I've received are not evident in her eyes. This would explain my unpredictable routine, mood variations, smoking addiction, self-neglect and irritability bordering on meltdown/temper tantrums. She's also observed 'tics' I manifest which are also symptomatic of the illness. I've wondered if that's why I'm finding the LCHF diet compliance for my diabetes 2 difficult, sometimes incredulously impossible. But the amount of love and TLC I've experienced on this thread is touchingly insurmountable and much appreciated. I love you all so much and love to take a squizz at all your posts, as I'm getting to know you all intimately on a cyber level. Thanks so much. I went round to Ioanna's and she said I could shallow fry some sliced courgettes which I ate and enjoyed very much. Also had 2 very sickly mugs of coffee with sugar which I thought was too sickly for my liking as Ioanna had no sucralose sweetener. But the coffee - Nescafe Gold Blend - was a lovely flavour and resembled perky coffee or cafietere drawn coffee. My blood sugar when I got home at 8:10 PM BST was a very good, healthy 5.7.

Reactions: Guzzler

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I just did a good lot of shopping in Sainsbury's Nine Elms with my Carer, a black man called Maxwell, and although I didn't buy any prunes, I did buy 6 basics spaghetti bolognese ready meals, 1 basics beef lasagne ready meal, 3 cheesy Sainsbury's deep pan pepperoni pizzas, 100 grammes of rich roast Sainsbury's coffee granules, some nestle coffeemate light, some Sainsbury's sucralose granulated sweetener, and some basics bread, Sainsbury's sunflower oil, tomatoes, feta cheese for Ioanna so she can have her greek treat of feta cheese, chopped tomatoes and a little oil with a good shake of salt and pepper. She loves that. I had a deep pan cheesy pepperoni pizza when I got indoors and Ioanna gave me an energy drink which I'm a bit worried about it spiking my blood sugar but it's a little one off treat before I embark on the LCHF diet again.

I love you all so much and want to express my gratitude for your fine friendship and kind advice with love.

Johnny Baker, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
At 8:37 p.m., I had another cheesy deep pan pepperoni pizza, baked at 200 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes from chilled and it came out all crispy and lovely and bursting with flavour.

I also drank a mug of instant coffee with 2 teaspoons of Sucralose and Nestle coffee mate Light. My blood sugar, at 3:41 a.m., in the morning, was 11.5, probably because, just before that coffee, I had coffees with exorbitant sugar. I always crave sugar, but I must work hard to resist the temptation for the sake of my diabetic health. I'm also smoking roll-up cigarettes, but my new quit is at the start of Friday 20th, at midnight, and when my smoking advisor comes tomorrow at 4 p.m., I'm going to request nicotine lozenges and nicotine gum to help me with my quit, bearing in mind I am building up a dependency on the nicotine mouth sprays, hence replacing one habit with another. Must have another stab at the LCHF diet tomorrow, too. I'm going to try just eating one sliver of pizza with a good few hours between each sliver, instead of gluttonously demolishing a whole pizza. It's about self-control which is one of the implementations of fruitage of the Holy Ghost. And my blood sugar would be, better, too! The ball's in my court, as they say in basketball, I think that means, according to http://www.urbandictionary.com that it is up to me.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Hi all , so yesterday Ron had his diabetes review and it went like this...... nurse did his weight which had increased a bit she then checked his feet no change from before . She didn't bother with bp, she's upped the metformin to 4 a day although Ron told me last night he wasn't going to take that many. I asked the nurse for the liquid version as Ron was having problems swallowing only to be told by her that there wasn't such a thing . I could of swung for her but kept calm. She said to Ron to come back in three months time to check on his progress.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi all , so yesterday Ron had his diabetes review and it went like this...... nurse did his weight which had increased a bit she then checked his feet no change from before . She didn't bother with bp, she's upped the metformin to 4 a day although Ron told me last night he wasn't going to take that many. I asked the nurse for the liquid version as Ron was having problems swallowing only to be told by her that there wasn't such a thing . I could of swung for her but kept calm. She said to Ron to come back in three months time to check on his progress.
I got told that gps won't fund liquid metformin. I wish you had a better gp. :(
I know a few diabetics have needed liquid one but as soon as their temporary gullet problem has been resolved they are straight back on the tablet form. Apparently its very expensive and not as good as tablet form.
The regular metformin I will be crushing if I get problems after my op but slow release ones are not to be crushed.
Liquid metformin doesn't work the gullet as well as the tablet.
I've had times of slow digestion and got blocked up. When released I found the whole days metformin in my stools. Having a good digestion helps metformin work better.

I'm hugely bloated in my tummy area. Very very uncomfortable. I need a good food shop.
My kids halloween comes first. They very rarely get spoilt. Wednesday hopefully will not rain. Fingers crossed for halloween farm.
Boys have outgrown their wellies! I'd wrestle with rain but mr ickihun doesn't need much of an excuse to cancel. Its hell trying to get him out lately.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I got told that gps won't fund liquid metformin. I wish you had a better gp. :(
I know a few diabetics have needed liquid one but as soon as their temporary gullet problem has been resolved they are straight back on the tablet form. Apparently its very expensive and not as good as tablet form.
The regular metformin I will be crushing if I get problems after my op but slow release ones are not to be crushed.
Liquid metformin doesn't work the gullet as well as the tablet.
I've had times of slow digestion and got blocked up. When released I found the whole days metformin in my stools. Having a good digestion helps metformin work better.

I'm hugely bloated in my tummy area. Very very uncomfortable. I need a good food shop.
My kids halloween comes first. They very rarely get spoilt. Wednesday hopefully will not rain. Fingers crossed for halloween farm.
Boys have outgrown their wellies! I'd wrestle with rain but mr ickihun doesn't need much of an excuse to cancel. Its hell trying to get him out lately.
I only wanted to try Ron on it to see if the swallowing reflex was any better . An endoscopy hasn't found the cause so next step could be ENT. When Ron was leaving the surgery he turned to the nurse and said ..... he felt like he'd been forgotten and just thrown on the scrap heap. If that isn't a cry for help I don't know what is . I feel like Ron is becoming a recluse . We are at some point suppose to be going out for a meal but he won't go because he doesn't want people staring at him when he chokes on food he can't swallow properly .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I've just eaten a spaghetti bolognese ready meal, praise Jehovah God. For my breakfast, I had 2 halved slices of toast with Clover margarine. I've been drinking a lot of coffee with sugar but I'm going to try really hard to stick to sweetener but I don't know if I'll exercise enough self-control to stick to that, but I'm going to try giving Jehovah a little prayer for his help on that one.

My blood glucose reading now at 3:08 PM BST is 8.8, not too bad.