What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...woke up to a snotty cold...aches & pains...and a 6.9...not overly concerned...running with it (not literally)...will just have to sit it out...good night last night...constant stream of 'Halloweenies'....the last ones at 8:30pm...great fun...poor Harry wasn't keen to join in...but...fortunately he'll do anything for a gravy bone...see below

Attachments

• 23131704_2002073516708148_3256361220766894623_n (1).jpg
    23131704_2002073516708148_3256361220766894623_n (1).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 188

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, all you lovely people. Fasting levels are much better today at 4.9. Exercised earlier in the evening and also had an earlier dinner, maybe this is what made the difference.

@Diabeticliberty -- so sorry to hear about your hypo and headache -- I hope you feel better soon.
@pavlosn -- hope you get over your cold soon. Wonderful garden, btw. I really enjoy your photos.
@Prem51 -- Great weather where you are. Are you on vacation? (Also, have to admit I'm a teensy weensy bit jealous.)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
In the end the idea of starting the month with the exercise counter stuck at zero was too unattractive, so I got my walking shoes on and hit the road despite my cold.

Just finished my 5km walk. Not the fastest time I have ever done but at least I am begining to make inroads towards November's target of surpassing the total distance walked in October of 206km.

I wish everyone a happy and above all else healthy month of November with a photo taken in the garden,

ae360d03e610d84e3b5d90f1d288fa58.jpg

the two palms that dominate the view are Washingtonia robusta fan Palms.

Pavlos

Hope you reach your target pavlosn. As always your photographs are outstanding. Keep ‘em coming please

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everybody ...:)
my numbers are really going in the wrong direction
today again 6.7 at 9:00

Slept wonderfully , didn´t have a lot of carbs yesterday , but did have a bailey and a glass of red wine ... the only common thing in the last days higher readings is that I had some alcohol all the different days , only a few not more than 3 glasses... did think it would lower my morning numbers by blocking my liver, but now considering if my liver compensate as soon as it is rid of the alcohol and then speeds up conversion of proteins into blood glucose...

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Kulungile isizwe sami sesifo sikashukela samaqhawe aseZulu futhi ungaphonsa kimi imikhonto egazi. This morning it feels like somebody is using my head as a tambourine. I have the headache given to me by Beelzebub himself. A hypo,of Old testament proportions at 2.00am this morning has kicked my proverbial harris. My rebound blood sugars are At 8.5mmols. I had a Libre sensor fail me and things just spiraled down from there. Have a great day to all of you :)
Take care.

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Morning everyone
BG @6.30 am today 6.2
No naughty foods worked my socks off for last two days-giving conservatory a good clean, but around 9.30am both I test BG again 6.4 yesterday was same nothing to eat just water and cup coffee. Has I don't eat until lunch time most days occasionally a little earlier if I'm hungry I was wondering if this is going to be my normal thing with BG rising until I do eat.
Just cannot work out why?

@Diabeticliberty hope your banging head has cleared, but there's no near to share it!! I've also got one so I think I'm going to need something to eat earlier than usual. Wish you well. K
Oh and@ Pavlosn hope your cold so goes and your back to your usual self soon. K

Last edited:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Prem51 -- Great weather where you are. Are you on vacation? (Also, have to admit I'm a teensy weensy bit jealous.)
Hi @ziggy_w I'm retired and I like to spend as much of the winter as I can somewhere warm and sunny. I will be away for 12 weeks this year, though back for 4 weeks in December.
I am thinking of staying for 16 weeks over next Winter, but getting a visa for more than 60 days seems quite complicated. I will look into it more next Spring.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all. 6.1, didnt sleep, feel snotty. Its that time of year I think. Hope all have a good day.
Hope your not coming down with a cold they make us all feel miserable,good BG reading well I'd be happy with 6.1especially if your feeling a little under weather. Take care K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning, all you lovely people. Fasting levels are much better today at 4.9. Exercised earlier in the evening and also had an earlier dinner, maybe this is what made the difference.

@Diabeticliberty -- so sorry to hear about your hypo and headache -- I hope you feel better soon.
@pavlosn -- hope you get over your cold soon. Wonderful garden, btw. I really enjoy your photos.
Hi Ziggy you sound like my brother and his wife they live in Germany and spend a lot of time on holidays, I'm waiting for my hubby to retire so we can do same,I've been waiting for last 7 years already but hopefully he may retire early in 2 years. So I'm also a little jealous but in a nice way you deserve this time when you retire,not your fault I married a toy boy!! Haha!K

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning...woke up to a snotty cold...aches & pains...and a 6.9...not overly concerned...running with it (not literally)...will just have to sit it out...good night last night...constant stream of 'Halloweenies'....the last ones at 8:30pm...great fun...poor Harry wasn't keen to join in...but...fortunately he'll do anything for a gravy bone...see below

Hi bubbsie. I am going to have to stop hanging about with you on forums. Think I have caught your cold!!!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Loving harry

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi bubbsie. I am going to have to stop hanging about with you on forums. Think I have caught your cold!!!
fingers
Not deliberate KOT...apologies....I too am an unwilling participant in this bacteria fest...just have to sit this one out...fingers crossed it won't last too long.