What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

Diabeticliberty

Hows the knee mr d

Sorry Lady K, I didn't really hurt my knee. It was just an extension of the roller disco theme I whipped up yesterday. My left heel however is bloody killing me. My plantar fasciitis flared up good and proper this morning while out running with my dawg. It hurts like being at work in Monday morning.

Reactions: Ymdawd

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 4.4 this morning.

@pavlosn -- hope your blood sugars are beginning to move downwards soon. Do you have any inkling why they were higher this morning?

@JoeT1 -- hope you see some improvement today. Thinking of you and wishing you the best.
Great BG readings Ziggy, mine are down to 6.1 at 5 am today. K Have a good day one and all.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Sorry Lady K, I didn't really hurt my knee. It was just an extension of the roller disco theme I whipped up yesterday. My left heel however is bloody killing me. My plantar fasciitis flared up good and proper this morning while out running with my dawg. It hurts like being at work in Monday morning.
Karen what's he like! K

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
5.1 and 5.2 the last two days.
Down from 7+ at the start of the week.
Rigorous very low carbohydrate and no treats.
Still difficult to contemplate no treats forever.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well thats good news about your knee not so good about the other thing take it easy next time your having a roller disco send the invites its no fun on ye own :happy:

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.1 and 5.2 the last two days.
Down from 7+ at the start of the week.
Rigorous very low carbohydrate and no treats.
Still difficult to contemplate no treats forever.

Never say never! I have a treat now and then. The problem comes when they stop being treats and become an everyday food. I overdid the treats last week and my bgl is taking forever to get down. But thats because I had at least one treat every day. When I have one treat once a week or less I have found that apart from the immediate spike my bgl the next day is fine.

As "we are all different" then you will find your own level, but I hope you will find a way to.fit in the occasional forbidden fruit. Or scone, in my case!

Reactions: ziggy_w

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
why no treats forever :(
Cutting out the treats seems to have brought my BG down to an acceptable level.
Logically if I want to stay long term healthy then I have to maintain my eating (and no drinking alcohol) regime.
I could even live to be 90.
Or at least, it will probably feel like it. :-(

Reactions: Ymdawd

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cutting out the treats seems to have brought my BG down to an acceptable level.
Logically if I want to stay long term healthy then I have to maintain my eating (and no drinking alcohol) regime.
I could even live to be 90.
Or at least, it will probably feel like it. :-(
littlegreycat i dont really know much about t2 but surely a little treat now and again would be acceptable i know sometimes my levels go out of range for no apparent reason and i think oh well try again tomorrow :) the thought of never having a treat or a drink now and again would send me round the bend:wacky: i hope things settle for you and THAT YOU DO HAVE THE OCCASIONAL TREAT;)

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
littlegreycat i dont really know much about t2 but surely a little treat now and again would be acceptable i know sometimes my levels go out of range for no apparent reason and i think oh well try again tomorrow :) the thought of never having a treat or a drink now and again would send me round the bend:wacky: i hope things settle for you and THAT YOU DO HAVE THE OCCASIONAL TREAT;)
@Kentoldlady1 is right on the money.
Occasional treats tend to become "well, just one more won't hurt".

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Kentoldlady1 is right on the money.
Occasional treats tend to become "well, just one more won't hurt".
sorry i have to disagree i think if we deny ourselves things we only crave them more so a little of what you fancy does you no harm in moderation this is of course just my point of view and by no means meant to be insensetive to other peoples point of view ;)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2

We are all human beings. An occasional treat does no harm but as Little Grey Cat says they do tend to become bigger and longer such is human nature. That is why I stopped drinking alcohol in 1984 and have not had a drop since. My liver is so happy with me it now dumps glucose into my bloodstream in the mornings. There’s gratitude for you. LOL

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We are all human beings. An occasional treat does no harm but as Little Grey Cat says they do tend to become bigger and longer such is human nature. That is why I stopped drinking alcohol in 1984 and have not had a drop since. My liver is so happy with me it now dumps glucose into my bloodstream in the mornings. There’s gratitude for you. LOL
Well done to you