Type 2 Life

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Another hospital appointment that turned into a complete waste of time .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my lovely friends, @eldergarth, @tina_marie, @ickihun, @debrasue, @13lizanne, @TooManyCrisps, @Diamum5972 and @Guzzler, today, Friday 17th November 2017 Anno Domini at 8:18 Ante Meridian Greenwich Mean Time, with much love and incessant, detailed interest in you fine peeps,

I am posting to impart to you that I had a wonderful night's sleep last night and this morning ingested a tomato sandwich made with 1 sliced tomato, a pinch of salt and 2 slices of Sainsbury's Bloomer White Crusty Bread with poppy seeds on it and drank a mug of tea with semi-skimmed milk, 1 Sainsbury's Basics' tea bag and 2 teaspoonfuls of Sainsbury's Sucralose Artificial Granulated Sweetener and my blood glucose was, before meds, a very good 6.6 Millimoles Per Litre. I've also smoked 7 hand-rolled Holborn Yellow Tobacco cigarettes and drank 2 mugs of tap water in my navy blue Yorkie mug with the word Yorkie written in yellow letters.

Lots of love,

From,

Johnny xXx, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD.

Reactions: eldergarth

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Another hospital appointment that turned into a complete waste of time .
Oh god. What?

Woke very tired so I'm slow to keep up. Too many quality streets on monday. Still putting sugars right and sleeping but no livelier. Just a reminder of what sugar does to me.
No added sugar xmas it is, for me. :( it just makes me ill unless I pump myself with insulin and get water tummy and add weight which demoralises my efforts throughout the year.
I'm made a new thread for Christmas treats as many still enjoy christmas extras. I appreciate the ideas.

Is my mate ok?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My medication and Lixisenatide subcutaneous injection has been complied by and I had 1 more tomato sandwich because I was feeling minimally hungry.

My blood glucose reading at 10:15 Ante Meridian GMT was 9.1 Millimoles Per Litre. It was a likelihood it was that shocking Sainsbury's Bloomer White Crusty Bread with Poppy Seeds with 33.3 g of devil carbs in them that caused my hyperglycaemia.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Yes. He was fine at school yesterday. Luckily. He refuses foods which are too cold, mainly milk.
The dietician will be pleased, he's lost weight again. Tall and not overweight but thick boned maybe like mr ickihum's x-rays show.
He goes off his food for milk, whenever he can. He says "no", a lot.
With my Asperger Syndrome, I don't like cold food and drinks either, especially if it's just come out of the fridge, it makes me retch and can bring on a meltdown. I also don't like eating cold or reheated meat, cold pork and cold chicken is the worst, it makes me heave. I like everything to served fresh. Even ready meals have been known on the opposite level to scald me because of my inability to determine its temperature. This is the autism spectrum sensory sensitivity symptom which affects auditory, visual, olfactory, tactile and gustatory senses.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Oh god. What?

Woke very tired so I'm slow to keep up. Too many quality streets on monday. Still putting sugars right and sleeping but no livelier. Just a reminder of what sugar does to me.
No added sugar xmas it is, for me. :( it just makes me ill unless I pump myself with insulin and get water tummy and add weight which demoralises my efforts throughout the year.
I'm made a new thread for Christmas treats as many still enjoy christmas extras. I appreciate the ideas.

Is my mate ok?
Ron has been to kingsmill hospital for the ENT appointment. We were there about ten minutes. They can't find anything either , so they are going to get Ron to have a barium swallow test ,in the meantime the Dr has prescribed flixonase because everytime he eats he needs to blow his nose . Today however Ron got an appointment with our gp who has agreed to get Ron a referal to Derby hospital to check out if he has M.E. as he seems to think Ron certainly fits the bill. Ron says your naughty for eating them chocolates .lol

Sent from my HTC One A9 using DCUK Forum mobile app

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood glucose was a brilliant 5.2 mmol/L today and my blood pressure was a totes healthy 126/71.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I had a ready meal of 2 bangers, mash and peas in a lovely gravy and a mug of instant coffee with milk powder and Hermesetas granulated sweetener.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Afternoon, my good, dear friends on http://www.diabetes.co.uk,

I'm 48 hours quit from tobacco now using the Niquitinell 2 mg lozenge and the Nicorette 1 mg mouth spray. I use the spray every half an hour with just one spray each time. And I take 1 lozenge every 2 hours, being careful not to exceed the 9-a-day dose recommendation on the leaflet inside the box.

I've just had a £1.75 pence Sainsbury's roast lamb, roast potatoes, peas, carrots and gravy ready meal, and drunk several mugs of tea with Hermesetas granulated sweetener and Nestle Coffee Mate Light. I've also drunk numerous glasses of tap water to counteract the craves from the nicotine in between NRT doses and have been praying for my quit.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I suppose sleep is good but when that is all your doing just lately . Ron's not eating alot either .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I've had a good few days with blood glucose readings in their 5's.

I'm now slow-roasting a joint of gammon on 175 degrees celsius for a couple of hours, which I'll serve with freshly boiled baby potatoes and brussel sprouts, each with a little salt and a knob of Clover margarine. I'm cooking for Ioanna this evening and delivering her hot meal across my council estate on a plate with taut cling film over it. I also bought some groceries for her today, which I paid for.

Also, from quarter to one today I became 5 days quit from tobacco!

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
It's now 4:33 antemeridian, Greenwich mean time, on Thursday 30th November 2017 anno domini and my blood glucose level was a very good 5.9 mmol/L.

Yesterday I ate an 8 am breakfast of 2 wholewheat biscuits, sweetener and long life "laughing cow" UHT milk, the same for my lunch at 12:00 pm and in the evening I ingested some boiled baby potatoes and Brussel sprouts with a pinch of salt and clover margarine.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Today, 30/11/2017, at 12:45 pm I will be 7 days quit tobacco!

Reactions: tina_marie

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Today, at 12:45 PM GMT, Sun 3/12/2017, I shall be 10 days quit from my tobacco smoking habituation, using two different forms of NRT treatment, and praying, by autism spectrum ritualistic routine, for temptation. It really works!

I've also had a complete shave and a thorough shower, washing meticulously with Lynx you shower gel and upon drying myself with my favourite towel, put on a stripy shirt, stripy tie, black trousers, black and red stripy socks and a black blazer and black shoes.

So far, I've eaten four slices of toast, halved, with Sainsbury's 45p chicken paste spread lightly over each slice. I've also administered my metformin and other tablets. My blood glucose is 7.4 millimoles per litre, and I've ingested two mugs of sugarless, whitened coffee and several transparent cups of tap water.

Love you all from Johnny xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
good-morning-messages-for-friends-1.jpg

Reactions: ickihun

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
@JohnnyBaker12021970 ... Dropping the smokes is a LOT harder than many think. Some suggest it's more difficult than some "soft" drugs so well done. Dumb habit and again. great work

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How are things @tina_marie ? Ron's sleep should even itself out once he gets used to tramadol a bit more.
It makes me warm and comfortable. I had a quick sleep late morning but adding heating on top it can be lethal for my family time. No nana's visit today as little one is coughing and had a temperature, he's asleep now after calpol. phew!

Reactions: JohnnyBaker87

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
How are things @tina_marie ? Ron's sleep should even itself out once he gets used to tramadol a bit more.
It makes me warm and comfortable. I had a quick sleep late morning but adding heating on top it can be lethal for my family time. No nana's visit today as little one is coughing and had a temperature, he's asleep now after calpol. phew!
Hi @ickihun as of tomorrow Ron is back on Dihydrocodeine , he's had his three months worth of Tramadol. Not back to pain clinic till next month. He got up this morning to see to dog then came back to bed didn't get up till 8.30/9 am he then tested to find his bg level at 10,oops .Think he should of done it when he first got up . He's still in alot of pain with his shoulders , now it's his wrists , the left wrist is now bruised although Ron says he's not knocked it against anything . Not sure if this is a sign of arthritis or something else that needs investigating. Hope your all keeping well and little one gets better soon.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi @ickihun as of tomorrow Ron is back on Dihydrocodeine , he's had his three months worth of Tramadol. Not back to pain clinic till next month. He got up this morning to see to dog then came back to bed didn't get up till 8.30/9 am he then tested to find his bg level at 10,oops .Think he should of done it when he first got up . He's still in alot of pain with his shoulders , now it's his wrists , the left wrist is now bruised although Ron says he's not knocked it against anything . Not sure if this is a sign of arthritis or something else that needs investigating. Hope your all keeping well and little one gets better soon.
Is Ron on any blood thinners to avoid heart attack or strokes? I think thry can cause easy bruising, if I remember rightly?
Pain is a huge nuisance.
I know tramadol doesn't work on period pain so it must just target certain pain. I wonder if dihydrocodeine is the same.
Codeine constipates me so I guess that's why I haven't been offered dihydrocodeine too.
When next at gp I will ask if tramadol causing all my water balloon like tummy. Or actually I will call my chemist tomorrow as I'd love to 100% pinpoint the cause. It often worries me.
Any swelling for Ron?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
He takes aspirin every morning after breakfast. I know that tramadol can cause bloating. All his painkillers he's been on cause constipation and he's struggling to go but not sure if that's down to meds or osteoarthritis in his spine. Tonight however when it came to me giving him a shower his legs were all red and swollen .