What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Glenmac BG today is still 5.8
Can I ask the community my BG dropped to 4.3 before bed last night I was shaky and my legs went like jelly head quite disoriented, ive always thought type2 diabetics don't have hypos, any answers please! K

If you are on gliclazide yes you can, absolutely

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
If you are on gliclazide yes you can, absolutely
Hi@Ymdawd I'm not on gliclazides or any other diabetic meds. but online information regarding the Doxycycline says it can cause hypos even with non diabetics. So has I was going out yesterday I called into a pharmacist and asked them and again the answer was yes it could, with advice to contact my doctor if further side effects happen, so I'm just keeping an eye on my levels before bed until I've finished them. Thank you for your help and advice over weekend it is much appreciated,hope you are keeping well yourself and have finally gotten over the nasty gastric problems you've had recently. Regards Kathleen

My BG this morning was 5.8 again so this is a good number for me I feel better at 5/6 s range, the 4 s are not good for me feel
unwell. Take care and look after yourself! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
GG difficult to say what you should eat to avoid a hypo...not sure that is possible?...you may or may not have another...in the event of another episode...why not buy a small packet of something sweet...if you do need to use them...doubt the occasional spike while on the antibiotics would do you any long term damage...have something ready just in case...once you have finished the medication just throw them away...as said 4.3 would not usually be considered a hypo...but...any sudden drop in your BGs can give you the same symptoms...thankfully not too much longer to go...as for the coffee without cream/milk...have you thought of trying some almond milk...or soya milk?
@Bubbsie never tried it but will give it a go thanks Bubbsie! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.9 @ 7.00am - running a temperature of 38.5 so not surprised. Going back to bed after I've rung work.
Hi Ultramum lots of bugs going around my hubby has a nasty cold and grandson keep warm hope your feeling better soon.!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning,8.0 then after second check7.7 this morning......very high for me,had poor sleep ...pain in jaw/ear again,so not sure if that's the cause.:(
Hi Glenmac hope your ok ! K

Reactions: Glenmac

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all, 7.3 this morning, didn't have much to eat last night so think it's a bit of a dump! Visiting my daughter to for a couple of days so looking forward to a lovely sunny winters morning 'up norf'!!
Good morning paula121 well your in for a surprise it's actually sunny this morning but awfully cold, bring some winter woollys, enjoy your visit with your daughter. K

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all. 6.2 today, but sooooo tired and hardly any sleep. Grandchild 1 is all vomitty, but better than he was. Gs3 was in hospital last night with croup again, 4th time this year, so I had gs2, who also has a very bad cold, high temp etc and was up most of the night.

I am so looking forward to my endo appt(when it finally arrives). Hope to get my hypothyroidism sorted and not feel.so drained all the time. It is better than it was, but even on good days I am utterly finished by about 5pm.

Moan, moan , moan!! Dont really have anywhere else to vent. I really love looking after my g'children and dont want my kids to think its a bother. But I do get tired.

Hope you all have a great middle of the week and stay away from the really.nasty cold germ that seems to be making people drop like.flies.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

logs arrived yesterday early and are stacked and covered :) which is a weight off our minds because now even if we have bad weather or a longish power cut mum will still have a ready source of heating (and we brought a car boot full home too ). We certainly didn't need a walk after all that ;)