ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well I stopped posting on this thread as my weight was more or less the same every weight.
But having been away for 4 weeks my weight has reduced from 152.6 lbs before I went away to 145.4 lbs today, a loss of over seven lbs! :)
Wow! Excellent loss.

I cannot wait til next Friday now. :) I bet you too?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! Excellent loss.

I cannot wait til next Friday now. :) I bet you too?

Ickihun - Have you considered asking any of your local charity shops to look out for an exercise bike, or the like for you?

I had to pop into out local Mind, furniture shop the other day, as we need to make a donation, which they will collect, when, just inside the door I spied a fantastic proper, very sturdy gym-style electric exercise bike, with screen, virtual routes, memory of journeys, and so on,........ £30, delivered!

I was tempted, but I have my hybrid bike on it's static trainer already, and thought my OH would have a fit, if I arrived home to declare my purchase. They also had a decent lady's bicycle and a set of golf clubs, on a trolley for similar amounts (Mountain bike was cheaper).

I would imagine the bike could be fairly kind to your bike and allow you to go as fast or slow as you see fit.

Just a thought.

Good news you're losing again. Well done.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ickihun - Have you considered asking any of your local charity shops to look out for an exercise bike, or the like for you?

I had to pop into out local Mind, furniture shop the other day, as we need to make a donation, which they will collect, when, just inside the door I spied a fantastic proper, very sturdy gym-style electric exercise bike, with screen, virtual routes, memory of journeys, and so on,........ £30, delivered!

I was tempted, but I have my hybrid bike on it's static trainer already, and thought my OH would have a fit, if I arrived home to declare my purchase. They also had a decent lady's bicycle and a set of golf clubs, on a trolley for similar amounts (Mountain bike was cheaper).

I would imagine the bike could be fairly kind to your bike and allow you to go as fast or slow as you see fit.

Just a thought.

Good news you're losing again. Well done.
I just haven't the room. Only a small 2bedroom bungalow and 4 of us. Really cannot afford anything bigger nor bigger bills. For now. I'm sure that will change once I get a profitable job again. I know surgery can only do its own bit so I'm hoping to go back to the gym in spring and/or swimming. I just need them to turn the temperature up in their pool. Ha ha A hotel one will be my best bet when 4yr old at school. I'm definitely going to resume. Tramadol will be earning its money more, for sure. Saw a great article about my back problem being cured very cheaply and may come available in the near future. I'm feeling very positive. :)

Reactions: Keesha

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
71.6 Kg today, down from 72.1 Kg this time last week and 72.8 Kg two weeks ago. It’s nice to have a Nokia WiFi digital scale which posts data to my iPhone health app so it is easy to see weight and body composition trends. :)

I think my recent loss of weight is due to me now skipping breakfast and avoiding eating snacks late at night. Weight at diagnosis was over 85 Kg. Target weight is 68 Kg, so I am 80% of the way there. :)

Reactions: Polgara and Prem51

Chocomin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
105kgs at diag. now 104kgs. Lost about 2 dress sizes from water (?) over the last two weeks on Met, nice to see LCHF is giving a result now. Okay being a tortoise as long as I keep going.

Shelley6255

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not Friday but was busy on the day! But kept record and was 66kg - a 1 kg loss on the 67kg last weeks weight achievement so moving more comfortably into BMI ‘healthy’ range. I’m now intermittent fasting on two days a week alongside my lCHF way of eating just adding a bit of cream to my coffee during fasting and having one reasonable dinner at 5ish as otherwise notice blood glucose readings go up during fasting! Still another week to await hbac1 test but bg readings on meter average is 5.5 so hoping should be good. However not looking forward to reaction from DN as ditched Metformin and statins three months ago to give diet a chance. I did try to ring my gp surgery to ask permission but excuses for not giving appts included computers down, mass staff sickness, or not urgent so gave up and got on with it! Never felt better or more healthy and felt really sick when initially diagnosed in May 2015 with an hbac1 of 97 and slapped straight on 2 x 500 Metformin wish they’d told me about diet never gave me the option. Thank heavens for this site and all you amazing supportative people out there I couldn’t have sustained this route without your advice and support. Will post hbca1 when get it will be lucky if comes back before Xmas though !

Reactions: Polgara and Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not Friday but was busy on the day! But kept record and was 66kg - a 1 kg loss on the 67kg last weeks weight achievement so moving more comfortably into BMI ‘healthy’ range. I’m now intermittent fasting on two days a week alongside my lCHF way of eating just adding a bit of cream to my coffee during fasting and having one reasonable dinner at 5ish as otherwise notice blood glucose readings go up during fasting! Still another week to await hbac1 test but bg readings on meter average is 5.5 so hoping should be good. However not looking forward to reaction from DN as ditched Metformin and statins three months ago to give diet a chance. I did try to ring my gp surgery to ask permission but excuses for not giving appts included computers down, mass staff sickness, or not urgent so gave up and got on with it! Never felt better or more healthy and felt really sick when initially diagnosed in May 2015 with an hbac1 of 97 and slapped straight on 2 x 500 Metformin wish they’d told me about diet never gave me the option. Thank heavens for this site and all you amazing supportative people out there I couldn’t have sustained this route without your advice and support. Will post hbca1 when get it will be lucky if comes back before Xmas though !
Well done on your achievements! I too have my next HbA1c blood test this week coming. I have an appt with my GP the following Monday but will be able to see my results 24 - 48 hrs after the blood is taken. Why don’t you see if your surgery does this too so you don’t have to wait til after Xmas?

Shelley6255

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done on your achievements! I too have my next HbA1c blood test this week coming. I have an appt with my GP the following Monday but will be able to see my results 24 - 48 hrs after the blood is taken. Why don’t you see if your surgery does this too so you don’t have to wait til after Xmas?
Thanks for tip will do but last time I tried to get from receptionist after nearly a week they made me go away and come back once dr had had a chance to review them! Only gp surgery in town so not an option to change. It’s a 6 monthly although will be 7 and a half months since previous full check due to lack of appts - so at ‘6’ months have dn appt and take bloods so the talk and check isn’t based on any evidence apart from weigh in and blood pressure! They say they’ll call you in again if bgs high!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for tip will do but last time I tried to get from receptionist after nearly a week they made me go away and come back once dr had had a chance to review them! Only gp surgery in town so not an option to change. It’s a 6 monthly although will be 7 and a half months since previous full check due to lack of apps - so at ‘6’ months have dn appt and take bloods so the talk and check isn’t based on any evidence apart from weigh in and blood pressure! They say they’ll call you in again if bgs high!
I meant to say I can see the results on line I hope you understood what I meant! It saves negotiating the guard dog like receptionists to get them!

Shelley6255

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I meant to say I can see the results on line I hope you understood what I meant! It saves negotiating the guard dog like receptionists to get them!
Thank you I did and will check but can’t see the option when log in but will raise the question sounds like a really good move forward only way we’ll ever improve our own health conditions is with knowledge so we can make informed choices and decisions

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you I did and will check but can’t see the option when log in but will raise the question sounds like a really good move forward only way we’ll ever improve our own health conditions is with knowledge so we can make informed choices and decisions
I used to just be able to make appts and order repeat prescriptions on line, I had to request access to test results. It was very quick and simple in my case but some people have had a long difficult experience or complete refusal to their request.

Shelley6255

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I used to just be able to make appts and order repeat prescriptions on line, I had to request access to test results. It was very quick and simple in my case but some people have had a long difficult experience or complete refusal to their request.
I’ll ask thank you for your advice and support

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Looking forward to my mid-week weigh-in in the morning. :)
2 meals out this week thou. If I can hold my tomorrow weight by friday, I'll be happy!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'VE LOST - hopefully back to losing again. :) :) :)

Now 119.90kgs before ablusions this morning. Tramadol still causing water tummy. Always worse on a night as I take furosemide on a morning. So once furosemide kicks in I'd be less.
I was 120.90 last week so 1kg loss this week!!!
In par with what I usually lose. I'm very happy. :) :) :)

I will weigh mid week again to just check no hiccups.

Hope everyone is happy with their weight change this week?
Mid-week weigh-in!!!
I'VE LOST AGAIN!!
Lost from 119.90kgs to 118.50kgs so since friday I've lost 1.4kgs in 4days!!!
I had to reduce my insulin injections due to too many hypos and it corresponded with my monthly hormones needing less insulin.
I may have to increase insulin again as I did have to last month but I wasn't fully back on metformin. So we'll see.
Metformin is great for a few things other than reducing bgs alittle.
Appetite suppressant and keeps my hormones in check (pcos sufferer).
So now 18st 7lbs in old money!
I was 22st this time last year. (140kgs or 308lbs)
So I've only lost 3.5stones not 4st as I previously stated. I cannot count.
I'll smash my weight loss after xmas. I'm looking forward to it!

Its a whole lot easier once I knew how to lose weight!!!
I bet I'm not alone.

Ps. Woke swollen too and In pain from bulging disc.
Weigh loss has cheered me up! :) :) :)

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Mid-week weigh-in!!!
I'VE LOST AGAIN!!
Lost from 119.90kgs to 118.50kgs so since friday I've lost 1.4kgs in 4days!!!
I had to reduce my insulin injections due to too many hypos and it corresponded with my monthly hormones needing less insulin.
I may have to increase insulin again as I did have to last month but I wasn't fully back on metformin. So we'll see.
Metformin is great for a few things other than reducing bgs alittle.
Appetite suppressant and keeps my hormones in check (pcos sufferer).
So now 18st 7lbs in old money!
I was 22st this time last year. (140kgs or 308lbs)
So I've only lost 3.5stones not 4st as I previously stated. I cannot count.
I'll smash my weight loss after xmas. I'm looking forward to it!

Its a whole lot easier once I knew how to lose weight!!!
I bet I'm not alone.

Ps. Woke swollen too and In pain from bulging disc.
Weigh loss has cheered me up! :) :) :)
Staying at 118.60kg this morning. Very swollen thou. Up due to indigestion and forgot asthma meds before bed. Been up 2hrs and hoping to return to bed asap. Very tired and have to go food shopping today. I need sleep first.
Very happy with weight loss this week. Hoping for a steady weigh-in or a loss next week. ;)

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started 115.3 kg BMI 39.8 5.4.17
Today 65.3 kg BMI 22.5
Lost 50 kg EXACTLY!

Not trying to lose any more - but hanging out on this thread as I try to maintain :)

1.1 kg down this week - don't understand why I'm still losing steadily.

Eating more - some more carbs (the inevitable pre-Christmas treats - not a lot, but more than I've had in months) and more fat. BG is fine so no worries there. It's not like I'm at risk of being underweight or anything - I've got plenty of muscle and feel strong - but I find it very odd because in the past when I've been this weight I've really had too work at it and I'm that I'm eating more now then in the past at this weight.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Started 115.3 kg BMI 39.8 5.4.17
Today 65.3 kg BMI 22.5
Lost 50 kg EXACTLY!

Not trying to lose any more - but hanging out on this thread as I try to maintain :)

1.1 kg down this week - don't understand why I'm still losing steadily.

Eating more - some more carbs (the inevitable pre-Christmas treats - not a lot, but more than I've had in months) and more fat. BG is fine so no worries there. It's not like I'm at risk of being underweight or anything - I've got plenty of muscle and feel strong - but I find it very odd because in the past when I've been this weight I've really had too work at it and I'm that I'm eating more now then in the past at this weight.
Enjoy it.
Handy this time of year, for sure.

Reactions: Jenniewren1958