What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.9 today

Tested a bit later than usual today, woke up at about 3.30, had trouble getting back to sleep, then slept on until 08.45! It's a frosty morning here, but not as frosty as some of you, take care if you're going out and keep warm if you're not;).

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
one advantage of living in the north Atlantic is that shetland rarely gets very cold. well yeah thats out claim but yesterday my oldest daughter could not get down our sheet ice drive. so the sledged her down. its around 3oc at the moment think the lowest its ever been is about -10. keep warm and safe.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't understand what's happening with your BG into being type1 but in my little understanding of the libra I thought it's purpose was to keep you on track, or is this another type of meter. Sorry you seem to be just has many ups and downs has myself at moment. But I wish you well and hope you can get it under control soon. K
Was supposed to put new sensor yesterday k. But it was faulty so got to wait for them to send me a replacement bloods r sky high at the moment at 21 took a correction dose and have changed insulin cartridge will fone dn when i get home its driving me mad

Reactions: Goacher55

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.1 this morning.

@dogslife -- hope you feel better soon. Colds are no fun.
@paula121s -- good luck with your consultant tomorrow, hope he can help you with your pain, keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks ziggy_w. :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
BG was 7.2@ 6am at home and when I got to my clinic 3 hrs after for my check up it was 8
Hi@ heavyd could it have been a liver dump perhaps? Not sure but if you hadn't eaten in between 6am and after your check up it could be the answer, I know with me fasting regularly if I test very early then later in day I've seen a difference in BG levels.K
Ask the question on here someone will know? K

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Hi@ heavyd could it have been a liver dump perhaps? Not sure but if you hadn't eaten in between 6am and after your check up it could be the answer, I know with me fasting regularly if I test very early then later in day I've seen a difference in BG levels.K
Yes Granny it is liver dump because I did not eat before the tests. Although I ate sweet things previous day. Dr said considering the little difference its still alright that I'm still OK with my BG. How is your weather doing
Lot of snow. Really missed UK this season. Take care.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes Granny it is liver dump because I did not eat before the tests. Although I ate sweet things previous day. Dr said considering the little difference its still alright that I'm still OK with my BG. How is your weather doing
Lot of snow. Really missed UK this season. Take care.
Hi@heavyd we all have the occasional sweet things it only becomes a problem if we have them everyday so don't beat yourself up, and has to the weather it's cold wet and miserable why would you miss that when you can have sunshine instead or it could just be my old bones craving warmth. We live in the north and see very little sun very occasionally we get a few nice weeks during summer,funny old world we all seem to miss what each other has I your lovely sunshine and you our cold wet weather!Take care of yourself and wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year! K

Reactions: heavyd

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.1 this morning. I can live with it for now. Quite chilly at -28°c with the windchill.
@Troubled1 Quite chilly that's an understatement I'd never go outside until Spring,perhaps I should appreciate our wet and miserable weather more! You take care and hope you've changed your tee shirt for that woolly jumper! Haha! K

Reactions: Freema

paula121s

Hi@paula121s Hope your meeting with consultant was what you wanted to hear! Something Positive! K

Hi Kathleen, it went ok. Not the news I wanted but hopefully he can do something. He is going to try a steroid injection into the nerve in my neck ! I have to wait for a date, he said he would try to do it before Christmas so fingers crossed! How's your chest? Hope your starting to feel a bit better.

Reactions: Granny_grump_