What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning,6.5 today,another stressful day yesterday with heating boiler problematic.After another couple of visits from plumber ......now sorted!The outside oil pipe frozen again.This was also our neighbours problem,Apparently this happens with the extreme overnight temperatures we've had here.Im quite glad to hear the rain this morning!Hope you all have a good day today....keep warm:):)

paula121s

Morning all, 7.2 this morning. I hope your all getting over all your coughs and colds. Still in a lot of pain and I’m doing a good impression of a zombie!! I’m very grateful I have such a great consultant, as he’s going to try to get me in before Christmas. Side effect of medication. I will be glad when this flare up goes!
Have a great day.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi Kathleen, it went ok. Not the news I wanted but hopefully he can do something. He is going to try a steroid injection into the nerve in my neck ! I have to wait for a date, he said he would try to do it before Christmas so fingers crossed! How's your chest? Hope your starting to feel a bit better.
@paula121s How I'm so glad he is able to do something for you and fingers double crossed it's before Christmas and you can then enjoy things without being in constant pain.
My chest with the meds is a little easier not coughing every breath now and getting some sleep actually lied down last night first time in a while, run out of simple linctus phoned surgery last night for another prescription its upto doctor if I can have another bottle will have to phone later this morning to see if he's left me a prescription or not! I know bronchitis has to run its course but some relief with linctus is better than coughing my head off all day and night! Anyway that's enough of me moaning hopefully we each have a good doctor and we both will be able to get some relief you from your pain and me and this so and So coughing take care Paula and we both should be improving by Christmas! Kathleen

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone
BG back to all over the place earlier it was 6.3
8.30 it was 6.7 nothing to eat yet just coffee and lemon juice, it is what it is and it's no good me fretting about it will have to wait until I'm well again!K
Take care everyone and stay warm!

paula121s

Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.4 this morning.

@karen8967 -- How are you doing? The high blood sugars you've seen yesterday must have been a bit scary.
@paula121s -- Hope the steroid injection helps and you will have it sooner rather than later.

Thank you Ziggy. I’m not keen on having it, but i will try anything if there is a chance of it helping.

paula121s

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say thank you for your ongoing support. I know my other health issues are not what this site is all about. But I guess it does affect my diabetes. It’s really good that we are supported by everyone here. All the likes and positive encouragement really helps me. Thank you Paula

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Hi@heavyd we all have the occasional sweet things it only becomes a problem if we have them everyday so don't beat yourself up, and has to the weather it's cold wet and miserable why would you miss that when you can have sunshine instead or it could just be my old bones craving warmth. We live in the north and see very little sun very occasionally we get a few nice weeks during summer,funny old world we all seem to miss what each other has I your lovely sunshine and you our cold wet weather!Take care of yourself and wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year! K
Thanks Granny_grump. Sometimes the sun gets too much and gets on my nerve but its lovely. Wish you the same

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.8 at 10:15
@Freema love the New Avatar out with the old and in with the new, and those BG readings are fab. you must be so pleased with how your doing Congratulations to you, well deserved! K