Poundshop Low Carb Purchases

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You got there before me - but yes, Amazon for the travelling mayonnaise.

My travelling eggs are very comfy in a little two-egg hinged plastic holder - and if I'm only needing to transport one, I put it in one of the compartments and the other one is used to house a mayonnaise sachet and a rolled up piece of kitchen roll.

This is it - the pic looks like it holds four, but it's photographed in the open position, with the hinge in the middle. It holds two eggs (or one egg/sachet/kit roll combo).

image.jpeg

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

My travelling eggs are very comfy in a little two-egg hinged plastic holder - and if I'm only needing to transport one, I put it in one of the compartments and the other one is used to house a mayonnaise sachet and a rolled up piece of kitchen roll.

This is it - the pic looks like it holds four, but it's photographed in the open position, with the hinge in the middle. It holds two eggs (or one egg/sachet/kit roll combo).

View attachment 24607
HA!! Love it. I was trying to imagine it. Now I don’t have to use my brain!!

@Bluetit1802 , just had a small spoonful of mayo right out of the jar. Yum yum

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 24607
Goodness, people on this Forum are so ORGANISED.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have already discovered the local Tesco to where I do freelance shifts has little pots of nuts... and now I have seen this egg gadget, I am sold. Me want! Are these just for snacks?

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When ever I have a coffee when we are out I always take the little sugar sachets in the saucer home for my daughter when she has a cup of tea at our house as we don't buy sugar anymore

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am I the only one that thinks Hellmans doesn't taste like proper mayonaise? Just an emulsified nothing and far too pallid in colour !
Well not according to this Guardian article
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2010/jul/01/how-to-make-perfect-mayonnaise

and personally, I love the 'optional' garlic though that is really aioli.
No you are not the only one who is not keen on Hellmans mayo. I much prefer Heinz especially their latest one..Seriously Good Mayonaise

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 24607
I was going to buy one of these from Amazon.UK, but it seemed a bit expensive, so I held off. Today I found an orange 6 egg one in Black's for £1, reduced from £1.50. I would have preferred the beautiful yellow minimalist 2 egg version, but for £1 ... It was in the Christmas gifts section. I suppose they thought it would be a good stocking filler. Though I'm not convinced many people would be chuffed to find this in their stocking. Hence the reduced price, perhaps.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No you are not the only one who is not keen on Hellmans mayo. I much prefer Heinz especially their latest one..Seriously Good Mayonaise
I dont like Hellmans either - give me Stokes garlic mayo any day ( well except at the mo as Im currently eating egg free - missing my mayo, tho not eggs it has to be said)

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I discovered Hellman's from this Forum - the first of many helpful finds during my short time here. I love that it contains free range eggs and the lowest carb content that I could find when I searched the supermarkets. Some expensive foodie mayos were disappointingly carb culpable. However even with Hellman's you need to look at the label. Here the "Real" Hellman's in a glass jar has 1.3g carb per 100g, but in a plastic bottle 1.4g. OK, that's not a big difference, but it's the principle of the thing!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I discovered Hellman's from this Forum - the first of many helpful finds during my short time here. I love that it contains free range eggs and the lowest carb content that I could find when I searched the supermarkets. Some expensive foodie mayos were disappointingly carb culpable. However even with Hellman's you need to look at the label. Here the "Real" Hellman's in a glass jar has 1.3g carb per 100g, but in a plastic bottle 1.4g. OK, that's not a big difference, but it's the principle of the thing!
Where are the carbs coming from? Mine has zero.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you mean, what you make yourself? An egg contains 1.1g carbs. My Hellman's also contains lemon juice extract and paprika extract.
Mine is egg fee dairy free gluten free and non gmo

It’s called Just Mayo by joy. Tastes just like our Hellmanns but our Hellmanns is made with soy oil. This is expeller pressed non gmo canola
I used to make my own but the only way it tasted good was to use refined light tasteless oil so what’s the point?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine is egg fee dairy free gluten free and non gmo

It’s called Just Mayo by joy. Tastes just like our Hellmanns but our Hellmanns is made with soy oil. This is expeller pressed non gmo canola
I used to make my own but the only way it tasted good was to use refined light tasteless oil so what’s the point?
Well there you are, we have stone-free avocados and you have Just Mayo. That's life.
http://fatgayvegan.com/2015/09/03/just-mayo-in-the-uk/

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The label on the Hellmans in my fridge says one of the ingredients is sugar. 1.3g of carbs per 100g doesn't bother me as I only have a small amount anyway.

Edited to add - so does Just Mayo according to Amazon.com

Last edited: