HBa1C Results!!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My GP suspected a few weeks back I’m T1.5 (LADA).

But my HBA1C is now in the pre diabetic range!

Well done on the HbA1c result. NewTD2, but please do keep a very close eye on things, and don't ignore any unexpected changes you have.

Those diabetics with T1 (or T1.5 etc.), can find their pancreas will still produce insulin, during a honeymoon phase, which can last some time. Some feel LC eating can, with luck, improve or prolong a honeymoon pereioid, but at some point the insulin production just can't cope any more.

I do hope this is a unwarranted warning for you, but I felt it needed to be said.

Again, well done on your result.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on the HbA1c result. NewTD2, but please do keep a very close eye on things, and don't ignore any unexpected changes you have.

Those diabetics with T1 (or T1.5 etc.), can find their pancreas will still produce insulin, during a honeymoon phase, which can last some time. Some feel LC eating can, with luck, improve or prolong a honeymoon pereioid, but at some point the insulin production just can't cope any more.

I do hope this is a unwarranted warning for you, but I felt it needed to be said.

Again, well done on your result.

Thank you!

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I learned from the many other role models here!

What advice can you give me to push my HBA1C further down and as close as possible to “normal” levels based on your experience?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What advice can you give me to push my HBA1C further down and as close as possible to “normal” levels based on your experience?
I can only tell you what I did, I don’t use Insulin so I think you may need to be more careful with lowering carbs. I’m just on Metformin. On the very day I was diagnosed (from a routine annual blood test!) I found this Forum and I started a low carb diet, first I was on <100g/day, that and the gradual increase of Metformin dose got my levels decreasing slowly but surely. All the while I tested on waking, before and 2 hours after meals and at bedtime. I record all my food, carb counts and blood glucose readings on spreadsheets and phone apps, a bit nerdy I know but I love number crunching! I soon learned which foods suited me and cut down or eliminated completely things that made my sugars go too high. I also learnt that my levels start to rise as soon as I get up in the morning until I eat. So now I always have breakfast as soon as I get up, getting dressed and showering have to wait til after I’ve eaten now. After six weeks my levels plateaued in the sixes with occasional sevens, so I lowered my carb intake to between 50 - 70g/day and that’s where I’ve stayed ever since. My readings are normally in the 5s with occasional 4s or 6s. I’m happy where I am, my last HbA1c on 7th Dec was 33! That is well below prediabetic and having had a chest infection this last week which put my numbers up a little, I’ve realised my very low HbA1c gives me a margin for error which means my levels should still stay within the acceptable range even if I’m ill etc. I have also rediscovered my love of cooking! I have a freezer drawer full of low carb treats ready for Christmas so I don’t undo my good work by overindulging. My diabetes diagnosis was the big kick up the bum I needed to get healthier, I didn’t realise how poorly I was feeling til I felt better! I’ve also lost 4 1/2 stone in weight without even trying!
I hope that helps you :)

Last edited:

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can only tell you what I did, I don’t use Insulin so I think you may need to be more careful with lowering carbs. I’m just on Metformin. On the very day I was diagnosed (from a routine annual blood test!) I found this Forum and I started a low carb diet, first I was on <100g/day, that and the gradual increase of Metformin dose got my levels decreasing slowly but surely. All the while I tested on waking, before and 2 hours after meals and at bedtime. I record all my food, carb counts and blood glucose readings on spreadsheets and phone apps, a bit nerdy I know but I love number crunching! I soon learned which foods suited me and cut down or eliminated completely things that made my sugars go too high. I also learnt that my levels start to rise as soon as I get up in the morning until I eat. So now I always have breakfast as soon as I get up, getting dressed and showering have to wait til after I’ve eaten now. After six weeks my levels plateaued in the sixes with occasional sevens, so I lowered my carb intake to between 50 - 70g/day and that’s where I’ve stayed ever since. My readings are normally in the 5s with occasional 4s or 6s. I’m happy where I am, my last HbA1c on 17th Dec was 33! That is well below prediabetic and having had a chest infection this last week which put my numbers up a little, I’ve realised my very low HbA1c gives me a margin for error which means my levels should still stay within the acceptable range even if I’m ill etc. I have also rediscovered my love of cooking! I have a freezer drawer full of low carb treats ready for Christmas so I don’t undo my good work by overindulging. My diabetes diagnosis was the big kick up the bum I needed to get healthier, I didn’t realise how poorly I was feeling til I felt better! I’ve also lost 4 1/2 stone in weight without even trying!
I hope that helps you :)

Thank you for this. You are just amazing!
Could you please share your typical breakfast, lunch, dinner including snacks?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for this. You are just amazing!
Could you please share your typical breakfast, lunch, dinner including snacks?
Ok, today I had:
Breakfast: low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and double cream (https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge) with black coffee.
Lunch: some chorizo sausage with raw cauliflower and brocolli with mayo then Greek yoghurt and berries, sugar free squash to drink.
Afternoon snack: chocolate chia pudding, my own recipe! (Mix together one bottle of natural Benecol, 4 teaspoons of chia seeds, 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons of sugar free maple syrup, leave in the fridge overnight) and a black coffee.
Dinner: Chinese chicken stir fry, just veggies, bean sprouts, chicken and a tiny amount of Tesco chinese stir fry sauce, followed by strawberries and cream and a low carb lemon shortbread (https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/lemon-almond-shortbread-cookies-low-carb-gluten-free/) Diet Pepsi to drink.
Bedtime: 25g of mixed nuts and a ‘milk’shake made with unsweetened roasted almond milk with sugar free Crusha.
Total for today: 49.5g carbs.

Reactions: mytype1.life

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just received a call from my diabetic nurse today saying that my HbAlC has gone down from 85% to 46% (“pre-diabetic range”) according to the HBA1C chart.

And it all happened in just 2.5 months from diagnosis!

I prayed so hard.

Praises and thanks be to God Almighty!!!

Wow such a great result ! ️congratulations

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So if my HBA1C has gone down to the “pre-diabetic” range, does that mean I’m T2?

But I haven’t had the GAD and C-peptide tests.

Yes you are still diabetic. Unless of cause you can again eat loads of carbs and still keep non diabetic levels

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just received a call from my diabetic nurse today saying that my HbAlC has gone down from 85% to 46% (“pre-diabetic range”) according to the HBA1C chart.

And it all happened in just 2.5 months from diagnosis!

I prayed so hard.

Praises and thanks be to God Almighty!!!

Wonderful results, @NewTD2. Really well done. Congratulations.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, today I had:
Breakfast: low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and double cream (https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge) with black coffee.
Lunch: some chorizo sausage with raw cauliflower and brocolli with mayo then Greek yoghurt and berries, sugar free squash to drink.
Afternoon snack: chocolate chia pudding, my own recipe! (Mix together one bottle of natural Benecol, 4 teaspoons of chia seeds, 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons of sugar free maple syrup, leave in the fridge overnight) and a black coffee.
Dinner: Chinese chicken stir fry, just veggies, bean sprouts, chicken and a tiny amount of Tesco chinese stir fry sauce, followed by strawberries and cream and a low carb lemon shortbread (https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/lemon-almond-shortbread-cookies-low-carb-gluten-free/) Diet Pepsi to drink.
Bedtime: 25g of mixed nuts and a ‘milk’shake made with unsweetened roasted almond milk with sugar free Crusha.
Total for today: 49.5g carbs.

Very nice!

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Whatever the outcome of the analysis I will be happy
Why ?

Because if the result is high I will have discovered a problem to fix it.
If the result is good I will also be happy

Mostly I'll be better off than I was before

This is also an achievement
I know that you should not rely on these measurements
177c50b269eaf2129de03bc7bca4cfb4.jpg

Last edited:

cpraj

Great mate. I was in pretty much the same situation. I was initially diagnosed with T2 with Hba1c of 8.6% (71), then through low carb and regular walks i got it down to 6.3% (~45) in the span of 2.5months.

So yes T2 diabetics its possible. If i can do it everyone else can :)

Reactions: Prem51

Reemap

Hello All.. I tested my last HBA1c in July which was 7.0 ( 53) .. i was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and delivered in April but diabetes was converted to type 2.. after reading this forum I am occasionally on LCHF diet.. already lost 19kgs.. post pregnancy in 6 months .. I have given my blood today for HBA1c .. hoping for best .. I have not followed a strict diet as I am still breast feeding but still tried my best .. keeping my fingers crossed .. will come to know the result tomorrow.

Reactions: Guna108 and Prem51

Guna108

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello All.. I tested my last HBA1c in July which was 7.0 ( 53) .. i was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and delivered in April but diabetes was converted to type 2.. after reading this forum I am occasionally on LCHF diet.. already lost 19kgs.. post pregnancy in 6 months .. I have given my blood today for HBA1c .. hoping for best .. I have not followed a strict diet as I am still breast feeding but still tried my best .. keeping my fingers crossed .. will come to know the result tomorrow.
I hope you get the result you would like. Best wishes.

Reemap

Hello All, got my result HBA1c is 4.2... I am so happy

Reactions: Prem51