What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 at 6am,too many Christmas and Hogmanay temptations to test my willpower,just begging to be sampled!Have made chicken soup and baked low carb crackers for today so I promise to be good!Mr Mac has just cheered me,reminding that for many years I must have had much higher readings at Christmas,following NHS guidelines!!!
Take care in these low temperatures everyone and keep warm.Its lots of snow here,best viewed sitting by a fire,through a window!:)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I first started on insulin ( may 17) I was anticipating an overnight miracle.not such success it took a few months for mine to get below 6 in mornings. I put quite a bit of weight on during my learning period but lots and lots of research - I’m still learning everyday .it sorts itself out ! The obligatory January diet started yesterday kimx
Hope that January diet is not compulsory...if so...got me two days left until the first of the year...better get on it...pack those calories in.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Morning Everyone BG this morning 6.8
Still higher than I like but I know it was trying the mini mince pie that did it, my BG shot to 11.1 2 hours after eating it.
Not had a mince pie since I started losing weight 12 months ago,so trial and error! Mostly error! K

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good Morning Everyone BG this morning 6.8
Still higher than I like but I know it was trying the mini mince pie that did it, my BG shot to 11.1 2 hours after eating it.
Not had a mince pie since I started losing weight 12 months ago,so trial and error! Mostly error! K

Makes the trials worth while !

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
good morning all :)

well good afternoon actually :sorry: 4.1 today

it's chilly outside, but, at least there is currently no wind so I'm off for a walk :happy: then a bowl of home made soup (broccoli and cheddar ).
Soup sounds fab. K