item 1.Things that annoy me

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If people keep eating sugar (and all other carbohydrates) at the rate they are doing then the rate of T2 will only keep rising. It is already being called a pandemic.
Not been proved that eating sugar and carbs causes diabetes there is far more to it than that

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Not been proved that eating sugar and carbs causes diabetes there is far more to it than that

I am aware that there is a possibility that there may be a genetic predisposition to T2 that is somehow triggered by diet but other than that the causes are unknown. However, the research is showing that there is a correlation between the spread of the western diet and the rise in T2. As the western diet is super rich in carbs this shows association if not cause.
It seems to me that a diet rich in carbs does cause harm to T2s and a diet low or lower in carbs is beneficial so there is a case for the western diet to answer.

Crystalwand

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I get mad about exercise, is the best thing ever, I was a gym bunny, five days a week at three hours a time, ran up five miles a day, lost the weight BG down and very fit, now no gym no running, knee screwed, but low carb and lost the weight BG down, and so much happier, so exercise is not for everyone just saying, oh yes my kids both back at home, love them loads but I don't always like them

Reactions: Guzzler

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it has certainly been shown that removing those items from our diets seems to provide a plethora of health improvements so I for one will continue reducing them as much as possible.
Yes we can benefit from lower carbs once we have diabetes but that does not prove they cause diabetes and if people stopped eating them they would not get it at all If only it was that simple a reason and cure would have been found by now. All kinds of people get diabetes it doesn't matter if they eat loads of carbs or not or are overweight or not diabetes does not discriminate

smw99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If it was up to me, Robert Lustig's lecture on the dangers of sugar would be compulsive viewing on national TV but then again, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
Maybe it should be run before each Bake Off programme! I too now find it hard to watch these shows.

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another one to add to the annoying list...pharmacy assistants who think they know how I should monitor my diabetes. Just been to collect my strips and some lancets and she said ‘there must be a mistake because you’re type two aren’t you?’ I said I was and then was told I shouldn’t be testing. I then asked for an extra pack that I’d pay for and she said that I shouldn’t be testing that much and that it’s no good testing to see what a mars bar will do because it’ll make sugars high. I lost my temper at that point and said that I was on a low carb diet, hadn’t had any sugar in a very long time and was now cutting the carbs down. She then looked at me in horror so I continued to say that the time I didn’t test regularly my hba1c went up by 20 points from the significant drop I had when I tested.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If only it was that simple a reason and cure would have been found by now

Well depending on your definition of cure it kind of has.. don't eat carbs..!
No-one is looking for a "cure" in dietary changes because there isn't an effective way of monetising it and drugs companies are there to make money....yes it really is that simple.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Um, this might put the cat among the pigeons, but the phrase 'my journey' causes chuntering - I just find it rather precious. Where to, exactly - Scunthorpe? Skeggy? Valhalla?? We're ALL on a journey (with whatever/however/whomsoever to wherever)!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Um, this might put the cat among the pigeons, but the phrase 'my journey' causes chuntering - I just find it rather precious. Where to, exactly - Scunthorpe? Skeggy? Valhalla?? We're ALL on a journey (with whatever/however/whomsoever to wherever)!
ooo I do like Valhalla though.. just not quite yet..

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

I've been to the domain of the bearded one (Skeggy) quite often it's OK but not fantastic I prefer Mablethorpe.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been to the domain of the bearded one (Skeggy) quite often it's OK but not fantastic I prefer Mablethorpe.
Skeggy, often and OK!!!!!!!!!! There's 3 words I wouldn't expect to see in one sentence.:):):):):)
The only thing that changes in Skeggy are the traffic lights.
Mablethorpe is slightly better I agree.
Let's not forget the jewel in the crown that is Ingoldmells. Caravan heaven :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:.
What really annoys is the fact that when we say let's nip to the coast for the day Skeggy is the closest.:banghead::banghead:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Things that annoy me are close minded extremist. In anything.

We are definitely not the same and therefore shouldn't be treated the same.
Diabetes has taught me that; more than living and working in multicultural London.

One size definitely doesn't fit all!
I'm a huge example of that.

I cannot proclaim this enough but still falls on closed ears. Even those who say they do know this.:banghead:

Even I'm guilty of forgetting when I'm grouchy and in pain. :banghead:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The phrase 'If I can do it anyone can' really gets my back up. We are unique, just because you run can run up Mt. Everest with a carnation up your jacksy doesn't mean I can.
This is my favourite quote EVER!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Skeggy, often and OK!!!!!!!!!! There's 3 words I wouldn't expect to see in one sentence.:):):):):)
The only thing that changes in Skeggy are the traffic lights.
Mablethorpe is slightly better I agree.
Let's not forget the jewel in the crown that is Ingoldmells. Caravan heaven :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:.
What really annoys is the fact that when we say let's nip to the coast for the day Skeggy is the closest.:banghead::banghead:
When I said OK I was trying to be polite, Ingoldmells don't get me started.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin