What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And it's 6.5 from me. And mince pies are evil, along with supermarkets who've currantly got them piled up going cheap. Lead us not into temptation and all that. But stocked up on end of season tubs of nuts instead.
Yes...agree mince pies are truly evil...but...also delicious... especially my home made ones liberally laced with Port Wine & Brandy...thankfully they are now all removed from the house (ate quite a few)...I failed miserably to resist temptation over the festivities...but...TBH honest enjoyed my fall from grace...haven't done it for so long...for me a temporary diversion from my usual routine was enjoyable/justified...now back to low carbing full time...satisfied my lust for carbs...carbs & more carbs has diminished...I am replete:angelic:...watch this space.

Reactions: Prem51 and ziggy_w

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...after celebrating my birthday yesterday feel relieved I woke to a 5.3 today...more by accident than design...I was a 'shameful diabetic on the 29th'...celebrated to the full...not intending to list my 'sins'...far too numerous to even contemplate...never mind commit to writing...needless to say I am back on track now...will be out walking...this morning...this afternoon...& possibly this evening...of course not at all influenced by an impending review next month...honestly:nailbiting:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning...after celebrating my birthday yesterday feel relieved I woke to a 5.3 today...more by accident than design...I was a 'shameful diabetic on the 29th'...celebrated to the full...not intending to list my 'sins'...far too numerous to even contemplate...never mind commit to writing...needless to say I am back on track now...will be out walking...this morning...this afternoon...& possibly this evening...of course not at all influenced by an impending review next month...honestly:nailbiting:
Many happy returns of the day, Bubbsie.:)

Reactions: HarryBeau

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Many happy returns bubbsie sounds like you had a ball

Reactions: HarryBeau

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I think we have all found in each other companions on our journey.

"
Every now and then
when the time is just right
a companion
joins you on your walking.

In the dark
you set a fire,
sharing,
laughing,
crying,
both faces lit and warmed
in generous flames.

To stories of shame of guilt of failure
of isolation of sadness of defeat
of love of desire of dreams
of romance of wonder of victory
they listen
with the ear of their heart
and respond
with the voice of their soul.

The road trodden,
its windings
its vistas
its hungers and thirsts
its people
its places
its bruises and blisters,
is always present.

Every now and then
when the time is just right
a companion joins your walking.
And in the gentle breeze,
that surrounds you both,
they let you know
they too can see the trodden road."

I don't think my son will mind me using his words here,

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Happy birthday.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Many thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes...had a full on day celebrating...followed by a full on evening celebrating too...up late this morning (for me)...getting back into my routine now...just been for the usual walk with Harry...it was hard...but...done...given its Christmas day...then boxing day & my birthday in the same week... by the time the New Year arrives I've had enough...hopefully will be back in the swing of things by the time the New Year arrives...not piety or smugness...necessity since I have been making the most of the Christmas amnesty...carbs galore...oops;).

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Urghhhhhhhhhhhh...morning...slept badly last night...could be my guilty conscience...hit the shortbreads last night...thankfully they are now all gone...so temptation removed...festivities almost at an end...no more excuses....increased my activity big time yesterday...so fortunate to wake to a 5.7...relieved...back on the diabetic treadmill now...honest:angelic:.