Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

JanetMcDowell

Perhaps, before posting my fasting reading I should have introduced myself. I have been reading postings on this forum for a year or two but being extremely old and not at all computer literate, I could never quite work out how to post my own. Luckily my daughter came to my rescue. I was diagnosed in 2012, I have no idea what my readings were because I was never told. I am 6ft 1inch tall and weighed 17 stones. Following the advice I was given I lost 3 stones and reduced my ha1 bc to 47 from whatever it was to start with. For the last year I have been following HFLC diet, exercising with light weights and walking my dogs 5 miles a day. My weight is now a smidgeon over 12 stones and my last reading was 38. I attribute my success entirely to this forum and what I have learned from it.
Please forgive the length of this post, I will be more sucinct in future.

Lovely story. That’s the way to do it.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone. Hope all your dorys are hunky this frosty morning. 4.6 this morning don't know if that is a temporary/random lowering or the result of 2 days back on weights and HIIT. I shall just have to be like Mr Asquith and wait and see. (That phrase was beloved of my maternal grandmother)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 for me but that was due to the red wine last night.
Red wine is one of the great pleasures so I hope you enjoyed it. I don't know about you or any others but I tend to use it for balancing out carbs when at family celebrations when it is almost impossible to avoid higher carbs e.g. my children's weddings.

Reactions: JanetMcDowell