What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Granny_grump_ So sorry for your loss......these dogs become real much loved family members.My family in France have a lovely labradoodle and each time we visit she remembers that hubby takes her for walks,we love her to bits.
Regarding allergies,I had a bad reaction in my fifties,to an antibiotic and couldn't work for three months with liver damage I'd never had any allergies previously.I also have the anxiety thing too,and take medication.After reading posts on the forum I feel there must be a link to diabetes.Like some on the forum I have also developed a skin condition,lichen planus,which is linked to the immune system.This bloomin diabetes doesn't come on its own,all the more reason for the newly diagnosed type 2s to be given good diet choices/options.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Bubbsie
@WuTwo I took our pug Elle to vets yesterday for a accessment on why she has suddenly developed breathing problems we are devastated she died on the operating table and their was nothing they could do to save her. It turns out she had an enlarged heart I'm missing her so much we both are I just wanted you both to know Has I know how much you both love your dogs like us! K
Sorry for your loss x

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bubbsie
@WuTwo I took our pug Elle to vets yesterday for a accessment on why she has suddenly developed breathing problems we are devastated she died on the operating table and their was nothing they could do to save her. It turns out she had an enlarged heart I'm missing her so much we both are I just wanted you both to know Has I know how much you both love your dogs like us! K

Oh, @Granny_grump_, how devastating. I don't really have words to express how sorry I am for your loss.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Bubbsie

I am very sorry to hear of your loss Granny_grump. I lost my American Eskimo in 2014 and it still hurts. I hope time will heal your wounds but I know it will not be easy. Just take care of yourself. Much love to you.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Bubbsie
aw k so sorry to hear this xx

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
You are all so thoughtful thank you I know we can't change anything but we were not expecting any of it she had not been herself in past few weeks and blood test didn't reveal anything but something was not right I could tell and I don't know why but I told vet yesterday when I dropped her off that I was unhappy she had to have this exploratory to find out what was causing the breathing problems, don't know much about enlarged hearts but that's what caused her death and we had know idea! We do miss her terribly!k
Well I may Has tell you about the carcinoma I had removed I've been to hospital today to have fresh dressings put on no results for a couple of weeks more,but the hole is worse than I feared it's around 1 inch or more across and same deep,I cannot do anything but potter around the bungalow next week or graft could fail so I'll be on here more no doubt. Just hoping for a good outcome! What a start to a new year its been **** upto now! K Take care of each other will chat again tomorrow!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Me and my BG realise that having a cheeky nibble on some ice cream yesterday evening was a less than intelligent decision.. 5.9.
Nothing wrong with that BG number! K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You are all so thoughtful thank you I know we can't change anything but we were not expecting any of it she had not been herself in past few weeks and blood test didn't reveal anything but something was not right I could tell and I don't know why but I told vet yesterday when I dropped her off that I was unhappy she had to have this exploratory to find out what was causing the breathing problems, don't know much about enlarged hearts but that's what caused her death and we had know idea! We do miss her terribly!k
Well I may Has tell you about the carcinoma I had removed I've been to hospital today to have fresh dressings put on no results for a couple of weeks more,but the hole is worse than I feared it's around 1 inch or more across and same deep,I cannot do anything but potter around the bungalow next week or graft could fail so I'll be on here more no doubt. Just hoping for a good outcome! What a start to a new year its been **** upto now! K Take care of each other will chat again tomorrow!K
Sending big hugs kathleen xx

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
good morning all :)

4.3 today

Ooof - dealing with trees costs a lot of money! It is a fair old size though:(

@Granny_grump_ the stress/anxiety thing and my own reactions lead me to believe that it's worth thinking about, since it's recognised that diabetics seem more prone to get depression, anxiety or becoming stressed but it may be that when they say that people who suffer from stress or depression are more prone to diabetes and poor bg control that it's perhaps related rather than causal, a vicious cycle or even that the perceived relationship is back to front?

- bottom line, is it that metabolic syndrome/disregulation is the underlying factor of both things and perhaps of other hormone related problems (could it also be implicated in thyroid problems? we also have the PCOS link). General endocrine disruption seems very likely when you realise how many of these other problems crop up with insulin resistance. (That's a lot of disregulated endocrine systems - eating hormones, sex hormones, pituitary and thyroid hormones :(:( ) - thanks to your High Carb low fat dietary advice!
@geefull we all need to support each other with helpful information on any diabetic problems we have,it's the only way we can find out if they could be diabetic related. People on here can help others get the help they need,it's the only way we can find out more of what type2 throws at us, I hadn't heard of Litchen Planus skin complaints before nor linked anxiety and stress related problems with diabetes until I read it on here. This information only helps people to seek help especially when they realise they are not on there own,Your so right about diabetes type2 and all the underlying related problems it throws up. How could we get this information out there so it's picked up, and not just by us the diabetic but the medical profession has well they are so ready to play down type2 like it's nothing to worry about. Well I totally Don't Agree with this something needs doing about it ! K if anyone has any ideas has to what we can do get it out here so we can try and change doctors perception on type2!!

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
@Bubbsie

So sorry to hear that, pal. x

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Bubbsie

Oh Granny_grump, I am so very sorry. That's very sad news and you must be absolutely shattered by it. Look after yourselves and each other, and I'm sure that all of us are thinking of you and are sorry to hear this terrible news.

Be very gentle with yourself; and give your other dog a hug for me because he must be very bewildered by the absence of Elle from the home.

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
4.8 this morning. Surprised by that since I wasn't exactly careful yesterday but then I did spend the day concentrating hard, and working on one single (somewhat huge) spreadsheet for hours at a time. I have noticed that intense concentration really brings the blood sugar down which I find odd given that the harder I'm working the less I'm moving or exercising.

I guess the cogwheels and gears in my brain take a lot of effort to move! (Great mental picture - I can imagine my cartoon cutaway brain in action like another Tim Burton Alice film :))