Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
In 1982, 67kg 10.5 St
In 2006 105kg 16.5 St
In 2017 80kg 12.5 St
Friday 76.0kg 11.97 St
I think regaining my 1982 weight probably pie in the sky, but would like to make it to 73kg, 11.5 St

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning! I had no scales or wifi yesterday so a day late, but I need to remain accountable to myself so posting anyway! Will check in with all your progress shortly. I have now completed 48 days of the blood sugar diet, & still enjoying it if I'm honest. It's been tougher though this week as I've had to find a way to manage eating out & at my parents house - pre-planning was how I managed a trip to the Harvester, & I have to say the staff were really supportive and accommodating when presented with my specific requests! I'd love any tips on best LCHF food at an Indian restaurant though if anyone has or can point me in the right direction please - its by far my favourite choice! My parents are supportive too & they pretty much ate what I ate - not very relaxing though because I spent a lot of time thinking, planning, shopping & preparing food. All worth it in the long run though & at least my mum had a break from the kitchen!

My weight loss progress has slowed, but I've reminded myself that every 250g is a block of butter in weight so remain positive! I also did a waist measure:

So my stats so far:
Start weight, 7/1/18: 114.2 kg
Weight last Friday: 101 kg
Weight today: 100.3 kg
Weight loss this week : 0.7 kg
Total weight loss: 13.9 kg
Waist measurement: 7" lost (I've gone from a belt that just touches ends to being able to fasten it on the 4th hole)

So, 1 more week to go, then blood tests to see how my hba1c has changed (hopefully) - which is my main goal - weight loss, whilst seriously needed, is a bonus & comes 2nd in priority to that.

Have a positive week all, thanks for being such a supportive bunch - the long weight loss game is so tough & those 'nearest & dearest ' don't always truly understand.

You’re doing great, @ToveyKath and the waist size drop is fantastic and a much better measure of progress than what the scales say! Good luck with your blood tests. My next one is on 6th March.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Thank You @mo53 :).
Consultant at the Hospital prescribed 14 days ago a tablet for Inflammation/Arthritis. There's only 9 people in York on this drug and one of the reported side effects is Weight Loss = so fingers crossed it not only works for my aching joints, but I get rid of some weight too.:happy::happy:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Not sure I'm going to post this Friday. Very despondent due to my current ailment. Still in agony and back to GP Thursday if suspected gallbladder/duct is infected and needs more help.
Up through the night in pain. No weight loss when sleep is interfered with, for me. Was up at 3am but tossed and turned. Got up but I'm exhausted. Too much pain this past year.
GP hinted on my back horrendous pains may be to do with gallbladder or intestines.

I'd love to be able to walk without agony. I'd love to throw my crutch that has kept me upright in dizziness etc.
We are both salivating at the idea of me getting back to normal.
Bulging disc maybe just be from inflammation and ongoing infections?

Reactions: Freema

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not sure I'm going to post this Friday. Very despondent due to my current ailment. Still in agony and back to GP Thursday if suspected gallbladder/duct is infected and needs more help.
Up through the night in pain. No weight loss when sleep is interfered with, for me. Was up at 3am but tossed and turned. Got up but I'm exhausted. Too much pain this past year.
GP hinted on my back horrendous pains may be to do with gallbladder or intestines.

I'd love to be able to walk without agony. I'd love to throw my crutch that has kept me upright in dizziness etc.
We are both salivating at the idea of me getting back to normal.
Bulging disc maybe just be from inflammation and ongoing infections?

So sorry to hear you’re in such pain. Just getting through each day must be so hard, and weight loss is understandably not at the top of your thoughts, you’re only human. Try to stay positive - really hope you get some answers and relief from your pain when you see your GP. Take it easy & be kind to yourself. Let us know how you get on

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Down 0.9kg this week, which is 0.6kg (bit more than a pound) of real loss as I was slightly up last week. Now at 60.9 kg.

Started - Dec 2016 - 101.kg
Last week - 61.8 kg
This week - 60.9 kg
Total weight loss - 40.2 kg (6 stone 4.5 pounds)

Definitely slower and taking more effort these days, but getting there!

Edited to add that I just realised that I’ve now lost 40% of my body weight.

Last edited:

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weight at diagnosis on 5.4.17 - 115.3 kg BMI 39.8
Lowest weight - 64.0kg BMI 22.1
Weight today 65.9 kg BMI 22.8
Total weight lost as of today 49.4kg

Not trying to lose any more - have been maintaining below my goal weight of 68kg since November 2017 - but hanging out on this thread as I keep trying to get the balance right :)

0.6kg up - going to have a strict week as don't like trend of last 2 weeks - and the cold weather means I've been rather too snacky. 4 weeks to one year diagnosis anniversary so want to be on track for that :)

Reactions: joany1955

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Down 0.9kg this week, which is 0.6kg (bit more than a pound) of real loss as I was slightly up last week. Now at 60.9 kg.

Started - Dec 2016 - 101.kg
Last week - 61.8 kg
This week - 60.9 kg
Total weight loss - 40.2 kg (6 stone 4.5 pounds)

Definitely slower and taking more effort these days, but getting there!

Well done Goonergal, that’s brilliant! It’s hard work to reverse a gain, however big or small so good effort! Stay positive, have another good week