Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Similar here. I used to do one meal a day with ease. Increasingly I have to eat lunch or snack in the afternoon due to hunger - yesterday was down to 3.6 by 2pm. As you said in your earlier post, it's a balancing act!

I've thought about trying intermittent fasting - but I really can't see how I would get through to lunch time let alone tea time. I've thought about whether I should eat more fat - but when I tried over Christmas my weight was begining to creep up a little - so I went back to lower fat. I suppose the main thing is that my weight is stable - so even if it's taking quite a lot of brain power!

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today (Friday U.S. time) 69KG. Yielding a BMI of 18.49 so by a tiny margin tipped into "underweight" territory. This does not bother me at all because I know that my body is "naturally" skinny. I attribute the recent weight loss to giving up cheese ... which I used to indulge in quite a lot, but gave up because I am on a low-sodium diet in an attempt to eradicate kidney stones (sigh).

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
OK, time for the Mom type go to gentle formulas

1 Try two sugar free Ricola cough drops in succession.

2 cups Epsom salts in a warm to hot bath. Soak at least 20 minutes and try to getas much of your bod as possible under water.

Take a quarter cup of flax seeds. Pop them in the microwave in a glass pie pan or bowl. They will look a little like baby popcorn. They have their own oil and are tasty. You have to experiment on the time
I couldn't take the pain or pressure any more last night so I crunched on a half skinny stick of sugar free candy rock. It worked this morning. Relieving so much pressure. None left in house and none for sale in Sunderland. I bought those in Blackpool 2yrs ago. Must go to South Shields soon for some, hopefully. I'll look on Amazon, for now. You've just reminded me Boots chemist do a few diabetic biscuits which give the same laxative effect. Fibrogel is useless. Been advised to stay clear of chocolate and coffee. Even 90%chocolate. :(

Your post is hugely helpful. I greatly appreciate it. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm tempted to weigh myself...still hugely bloated thou.
125.00gs exactly. So down 0.6 from yesterday, it seems. Fingers crossed this gets sorted out asap.

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning! I had no scales or wifi yesterday so a day late, but I need to remain accountable to myself so posting anyway! Will check in with all your progress shortly. I have now completed 48 days of the blood sugar diet, & still enjoying it if I'm honest. It's been tougher though this week as I've had to find a way to manage eating out & at my parents house - pre-planning was how I managed a trip to the Harvester, & I have to say the staff were really supportive and accommodating when presented with my specific requests! I'd love any tips on best LCHF food at an Indian restaurant though if anyone has or can point me in the right direction please - its by far my favourite choice! My parents are supportive too & they pretty much ate what I ate - not very relaxing though because I spent a lot of time thinking, planning, shopping & preparing food. All worth it in the long run though & at least my mum had a break from the kitchen!

My weight loss progress has slowed, but I've reminded myself that every 250g is a block of butter in weight so remain positive! I also did a waist measure:

So my stats so far:
Start weight, 7/1/18: 114.2 kg
Weight last Friday: 101 kg
Weight today: 100.3 kg
Weight loss this week : 0.7 kg
Total weight loss: 13.9 kg
Waist measurement: 7" lost (I've gone from a belt that just touches ends to being able to fasten it on the 4th hole)

So, 1 more week to go, then blood tests to see how my hba1c has changed (hopefully) - which is my main goal - weight loss, whilst seriously needed, is a bonus & comes 2nd in priority to that.

Have a positive week all, thanks for being such a supportive bunch - the long weight loss game is so tough & those 'nearest & dearest ' don't always truly understand.

Reactions: Polgara and Freema

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all.

Today I’m 0.3kg heavier than last week, so pretty stable. Getting to my new target weight (I would like to lose about another 5kg) is proving to be so much harder than the initial big weight drop, not least because my appetite is really fluctuating. Just need to be patient, I guess.
The last bit of weight is always stubborn, so staying stable is very important - well done & stay positive.

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Weight at diagnosis on 5.4.17 - 115.3 kg BMI 39.8
Weight today 65.6 kg BMI 22.6
Total weight Lost 49.7kg

Not trying to lose any more - have been maintaining below my goal weight of 68kg since November 2017 - but hanging out on this thread as I keep trying to get the balance right :)

0.4kg up - still balancing :)
Fantastic Polgara, keep it up!

Reactions: Freema

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well I dont know if it has been anxiety over mums emergency health issue over the last two weeks or the happy news of yesterday that major infection gone -which as she is 87 with diabetes and had low functioning kidneys - is nothing short of amazing ! But lm celebrating today as achieved a further 2 pound loss this week so have hit my three stone target this morning. Does anyone feel it would be good to put the story of my own weight loss journey on a weight loss thread later when have time or is that me taking celebration too far? Whatever I'll continue to hang out here if you'll have me as will need to maintain and those last few pounds have been stubborn so know maintenance isn't going to be a picnic.
Well done shelley262! You celebrate as much as you want, that's fantastic! I always find the success of others a real support & encouragement, so I'd welcome reading your story so far....

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Still gaining weight today 93.5 kg taking a bit more levothyroxin and doing exercise Yesterday burned 2000 calories at fitness ate 1800 calories Hope for a turning point soon, had vaccines Yesterday hebatitis A and B and diferitis and tetanus freaking expensive almost 3 x 90 £ here in DK because of going to a wedding in Mexico in autumn , the most expensive wedding I have ever experienced yet will cost me around a 1000£ plus wedding gifts and some Money to pay for my self over there hmmm really hope it will be a wonderful experience
You can do it with the right attitude, well done! The turning point will come. Enjoy your time abroad

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not sure whether to weigh-in as soooo constipated. At a&e yesterday as was afraid to take codeine so I became very unwell. Now need another med. Laxative. It's never ending. :(

Weighing in as.... .... 125.60kgs :(
After 2 days of no bowel movement.
Hope you'll find some relief soon - nothing worse than the feeling of constipation. Take care & stay positive

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
.5 kg down @ 11St 12.8Lbs for a BMI of 22.5. Heaviest was 15st 1 and 28.6 so happy with the stats but working on body shape. In my mind I target BMI of 22 but last .5 is soo much harder than first 6!
Brilliant! The last bit is so hard but you can do it!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning! I had no scales or wifi yesterday so a day late, but I need to remain accountable to myself so posting anyway! Will check in with all your progress shortly. I have now completed 48 days of the blood sugar diet, & still enjoying it if I'm honest. It's been tougher though this week as I've had to find a way to manage eating out & at my parents house - pre-planning was how I managed a trip to the Harvester, & I have to say the staff were really supportive and accommodating when presented with my specific requests! I'd love any tips on best LCHF food at an Indian restaurant though if anyone has or can point me in the right direction please - its by far my favourite choice! My parents are supportive too & they pretty much ate what I ate - not very relaxing though because I spent a lot of time thinking, planning, shopping & preparing food. All worth it in the long run though & at least my mum had a break from the kitchen!

My weight loss progress has slowed, but I've reminded myself that every 250g is a block of butter in weight so remain positive! I also did a waist measure:

So my stats so far:
Start weight, 7/1/18: 114.2 kg
Weight last Friday: 101 kg
Weight today: 100.3 kg
Weight loss this week : 0.7 kg
Total weight loss: 13.9 kg
Waist measurement: 7" lost (I've gone from a belt that just touches ends to being able to fasten it on the 4th hole)

So, 1 more week to go, then blood tests to see how my hba1c has changed (hopefully) - which is my main goal - weight loss, whilst seriously needed, is a bonus & comes 2nd in priority to that.

Have a positive week all, thanks for being such a supportive bunch - the long weight loss game is so tough & those 'nearest & dearest ' don't always truly understand.
Well done it really is extra hard when you’re away and planning seems to be the best way I’ve coped with the situation. The big superstar change you’ve reported I believe is your waist size as that shows that not only is your weight going but it’s going from the right place around your internal organs your pancreas and liver so am certain you’ll see a big shift in your hbac1 when it’s done well done you. If you can stick with it despite nearest and dearest not always getting it you’ll be successful I don’t know if it’s the change of status quo, old habits or what it is but it can be a lonely road until you’ve set new habits and how others view you so ,as you say, thank heav3ns for this forum !

Reactions: ToveyKath

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Still not walking well so exercise is a problem. However I’ve bought myself a mini step machine, so I can ‘walk’ without bending my foot which is what is paining me walking normally. It’s way harder than walking normally, it kills my thighs but I’m going to work up from 5 mins per day. Weight loss is very slow at the moment, just 0.1kg again this week :(, but at least downwards.

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 82.6kg 23rdFeb’18
Total lost = 32.4kg/5 stone 1 1/2lb
You're battling so much, any loss is fantastic! And you've taken steps to increase your activity levels despite the pain which is really commendable - just pace yourself and remember any activity is good so be proud of those 5 minutes.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done shelley262! You celebrate as much as you want, that's fantastic! I always find the success of others a real support & encouragement, so I'd welcome reading your story so far....
Thank you’ve I’ve put it in success stories celebrating 3 stone loss ...... if you want to read it

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Today (Friday U.S. time) 69KG. Yielding a BMI of 18.49 so by a tiny margin tipped into "underweight" territory. This does not bother me at all because I know that my body is "naturally" skinny. I attribute the recent weight loss to giving up cheese ... which I used to indulge in quite a lot, but gave up because I am on a low-sodium diet in an attempt to eradicate kidney stones (sigh).
I see bmi as a guide - all round health is so muh more so doing what's right for your body is always the best thing to do

Reactions: Freema

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
OK, time for the Mom type go to gentle formulas

1 Try two sugar free Ricola cough drops in succession.

2 cups Epsom salts in a warm to hot bath. Soak at least 20 minutes and try to getas much of your bod as possible under water.

Take a quarter cup of flax seeds. Pop them in the microwave in a glass pie pan or bowl. They will look a little like baby popcorn. They have their own oil and are tasty. You have to experiment on the time
Will have to try that! Thank you!

Reactions: ickihun

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done it really is extra hard when you’re away and planning seems to be the best way I’ve coped with the situation. The big superstar change you’ve reported I believe is your waist size as that shows that not only is your weight going but it’s going from the right place around your internal organs your pancreas and liver so am certain you’ll see a big shift in your hbac1 when it’s done well done you. If you can stick with it despite nearest and dearest not always getting it you’ll be successful I don’t know if it’s the change of status quo, old habits or what it is but it can be a lonely road until you’ve set new habits and how others view you so ,as you say, thank heav3ns for this forum !
Thank you shelley262