What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Me and my BG don't like travelling by train and as we didn't want a hypo, I ate a few too many carbs I think and woke this morning to 7.1. Downwards and onwards.
Freezing in the south

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, my first visit to this thread but think its a good idea.
7.1 at 7:20am.

Higher than it has been so a bit disappointed - thought I’d got past the liver dump stage.

I did have a takeaway curry last night though. No rice, poppadoms, naan etc just chicken tikka, a bit of saag paneer and a bit of cauliflower curry, but still around 40-50g carbs I estimate.

Off to have a creamy coffee then take the dog out and try to get back in controll
Welcome

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
BG this morning @ 6.30 am was 6.3
Have to admit to eating a few more carbs than is good for me,but when I'm upset, stressed or worried and I'm all these things at the moment I do on occasion have what I shouldn't. Have a good day everyone! K
A bit of what you shouldnt will do no harm sending big hugs take care xx

Reactions: Granny_grump_

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning everyone
BG this morning @ 6.30 am was 6.3
Have to admit to eating a few more carbs than is good for me,but when I'm upset, stressed or worried and I'm all these things at the moment I do on occasion have what I shouldn't. Have a good day everyone! K
Still well in range, Granny_grump. You deserve a few treats at the moment.:)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning all. Back up to 7.4 at 8am after a painful night. Bright and sunny here but very cold. Brrrr! Enjoy your Sunday one and all. :)
Hi dogslife sorry you're having a bad time of things and lack of sleep won't be helping,perhaps after your scan they may be able to help you with your back problems, wish you well! K

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hi dogslife sorry you're having a bad time of things and lack of sleep won't be helping,perhaps after your scan they may be able to help you with your back problems, wish you well! K
Thanks, Granny_grump. I hope so. :)

Reactions: Cumberland

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

frosty and sunny this morning, I might get a good walk in with mum's little dog Suzie today before the threatened bad weather arrives in a couple of days, she and I enjoy it (and so do my bg and anxiety!).
Have a good day everyone :)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone........7.2 yesterday..........6.2 today on this bright and sunny morning.Yesterday we went for a walk,that must have shocked the system!!Back to black coffee and cream instead of breakfast this morning.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.3 this morning wonder if it was owt to do with the Big Mac and fries or the Mac flurry then again it could have been the full fat Coke but I'm pretty sure the Morrison's party time cup cakes have nothing to do with it though.

Had my birthday treat yesterday rather than today my actual birthday.

Did a test with another meter as well it said 6.9 but was obviously wrong so I discounted it.

Last edited:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
6.3 this morning wonder if it was owt to do with the Big Mac and fries or the Mac flurry then again it could have been the full fat Coke but I'm pretty sure the Morrison's party time cup cakes have nothing to do with it though.

Did a test with another meter as well it said 6.9 but was obviously wrong so I discounted it.
Happy birthday.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Guys and gals I’m struggling today
Work is a pain I have no energy don’t like this

Reactions: karen8967

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Happy Birthday!!

Reactions: Freema