What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
dogslife that does sound a ridiculously low amount of strips...if they recognise the need to test...then the restriction of 150 per year is not acceptable...if you are a driver you have to test before driving...then every 2 hours thereafter...even if not a driver...I still believe they should increase your testing strips allowance...on a point of principle after funding my testing strips for almost a year...I asked my GP to prescribe them...he said the CCG would not allow it...so I wrote to the CCG...quoted the NICE guidelines ...justified my need for them...finally the CCG conceded...now I have them on prescription...have you asked your surgery to increase the amount...if so...what response did you receive...honestly all this penny pinching is not in the long term beneficial or cost effective to anyone.
Hi Bubbsie. Thanks for your response. :) I have not asked the surgery for an increase so far as I manage OK on what I have at the moment. I don't drive anymore or I would have requested more before now as my job used to require a lot of driving around but that was before I was on Gliclizide. I have been told I only need to test if I suspect a hypo coming on. I rarely do these days so I use my strips for my morning fasting bs to monitor and at other times if I feel unwell, been in a lot of pain/ stress or have eaten something new. My surgery are pretty good at monitoring my diabetes and other things and have provided me with a meter and lancets free of charge so I am I am satisfied atm. I appreciate your reply and well done for winning your battle for your own strips. I'll know who to come to if I need an ally in the future.:D :)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning...late posting today...the last two days have been manic...off to work...getting home in the early hours of the morning...out of the house the following day 7am...feeling wrecked...eating (badly) on the run...yesterdays menu included a custard tart,...crisps & other contraband...too ashamed to admit what I ate last night...amazingly & inexplicably woke to a 4.9 this morning...believe I was saved only by all the activity from the last two days...which included shinning up and down five flights of stairs many times in the multi storey car park ...the lift wasn't working...nothing planned today...more coffee...a leisurely stroll with Harry...then rubbish TV...today is mine!
Enjoy your day Bubbsie. Sounds like you deserve it!:)

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Things all heading in the wrong direction atm. 8.8 this morning ! I even hit a 9.5 mid day for no reason I can see. Not exactly the 5-6 range I was managing. Think I shall have to be very strict for a bit...but not sure I am in the mood.

Reactions: Prem51

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Oh Granny_grump_ I am so sorry to hear of your so sad a loss, I know how heart breaking it is I still miss Maisie pug so much and it was nearly 10 months ago that we lost her. When I am feeling really low about her I listen to a song on you tube, it is One More Light by Linkin Park and is a tribute to all the losses everyone has had, it makes me cry so much but strangely then it makes me feel so much better for a while. We found it helped Aggie pug to go to the places we used to go for our walks so that she could see Maisie wasn't there because she missed her so much. Also she wouldn't eat and so we had to hand feed her to start with. If you need to vent your feelings please message me and we can do it together.
@maisiepug We have been out to a dog cafe in one of the local garden centres this afternoon so many with there dogs and lovely young pugs it has funnily enough helped us we were just getting so upset staying in our Louie enjoyed meeting other dogs too..
When Elle died we brought her home and laid her on a blanket on the rug and let Louie sniff and smell her he licked her face Has if to say get up Elle why aren't you nipping my neck like you usually do,for she was the boss. Then we wrapped her up and buried her in the garden, my hubby Geoff has made a lovey plot with white pebbles and spring flowers of snow drops hyacinth and crocus flowers planted into it,for although we have had dogs for nearly 40 years our pugs have dug deep into our hearts and we are devastated by her loss. Same for me just message me and I will get back to you! K

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
A very happy weekend to everyone here. My fbs this morning has gone up to 6.1. No idea why as I ate the same food. ‍♀️
Hi Keesha. 6.1 is still OK. This diabetes has a will of it's own! "Its a mystery" sometimes. Enjoy your weekend.:)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks, Granny_grump. I'll make a note of your information. Hope you are feeling better today after your recent experiences. :)
@dogslife we have been out with Louie to a doggy cafe this afternoon enjoyed it,so many lovely dogs to stroke it was lovely, thank you for your kindness! K

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Things all heading in the wrong direction atm. 8.8 this morning ! I even hit a 9.5 mid day for no reason I can see. Not exactly the 5-6 range I was managing. Think I shall have to be very strict for a bit...but not sure I am in the mood.
Sorry you are feeling frustrated with your levels at the moment, pleinster. I'm sure we all understand how that feels when you think you are doing everything right. This diabetes is so unpredictable and can be affected by so many things as you already know. I'm sure your levels will soon be back to where you want them to be. Take care and don't beat yourself up too much. :)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@dogslife we have been out with Louie to a doggy cafe this afternoon enjoyed it,so many lovely dogs to stroke it was lovely, thank you for your kindness! K
That sounds lovely to me. I have always loved dogs. Although I've never been able to have one as a pet I can't resist giving them a little fuss whenever I meet one. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.7 first thing this morning, and it's good to be home; my very favourite place.

Went back to the vet with Dizzy yesterday and he is doing OK but it will be a long haul to fix what she somewhat graphically termed "that enormous crater of an ulcer". But it is healing and she hopes that eventually he will regain some minimal level of vision in that eye. So fingers very crossed for him but he's walking nicely on the lead on paths where there isn't much traffic, and enjoying pottering around fields with a guide human to stop him walking into disaster.
@WuTwo pleased you've got Dizzy through the first week and hope he make a good recovery,well has good has it can! K best wishes to you and Dizzy

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Have a good day peeps
Wow Cumberland whatever is happening with your BG one day your in range then sky high?
I'm no type1 expert at all but shouldn't you talk with your DN or doctor something's not right,do so hope you can get it sorted.
Good Luck ! K

Reactions: Cumberland

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone
BG this morning @ 6.30 am was 6.3
Have to admit to eating a few more carbs than is good for me,but when I'm upset, stressed or worried and I'm all these things at the moment I do on occasion have what I shouldn't. Have a good day everyone! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.0 at 6:55
Your doing ok, this diabetes is at times hard but we now know we can if we try control it not the other way round!
We both at this time are for whatever reason not able to completely do this at this time,but we know we have the knowledge to get back on track when we feel in a better place,Wish you all the very best Freema take care ! K

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, my first visit to this thread but think its a good idea.
7.1 at 7:20am.

Higher than it has been so a bit disappointed - thought I’d got past the liver dump stage.

I did have a takeaway curry last night though. No rice, poppadoms, naan etc just chicken tikka, a bit of saag paneer and a bit of cauliflower curry, but still around 40-50g carbs I estimate.

Off to have a creamy coffee then take the dog out and try to get back in controll