1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NewdestinyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. dogslife

dogslife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Bubbsie. Thanks for your response. :) I have not asked the surgery for an increase so far as I manage OK on what I have at the moment. I don't drive anymore or I would have requested more before now as my job used to require a lot of driving around but that was before I was on Gliclizide. I have been told I only need to test if I suspect a hypo coming on. I rarely do these days so I use my strips for my morning fasting bs to monitor and at other times if I feel unwell, been in a lot of pain/ stress or have eaten something new. My surgery are pretty good at monitoring my diabetes and other things and have provided me with a meter and lancets free of charge so I am I am satisfied atm. I appreciate your reply and well done for winning your battle for your own strips. I'll know who to come to if I need an ally in the future.:D :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. dogslife

Enjoy your day Bubbsie. Sounds like you deserve it!:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Motherhen2014

Motherhen2014 I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

10.4 this morning

• Hug Hug x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  4. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I will thank you...freezing cold here...but the sun is shining...great walk with Harry...back home now to do absolutely nothing!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Keesha

Keesha Type 2 · Well-Known Member

A very happy weekend to everyone here. My fbs this morning has gone up to 6.1. No idea why as I ate the same food. ‍♀️

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. NewTD2

NewTD2 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
  7. pleinster

pleinster Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Things all heading in the wrong direction atm. 8.8 this morning ! I even hit a 9.5 mid day for no reason I can see. Not exactly the 5-6 range I was managing. Think I shall have to be very strict for a bit...but not sure I am in the mood.

• Hug Hug x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@maisiepug We have been out to a dog cafe in one of the local garden centres this afternoon so many with there dogs and lovely young pugs it has funnily enough helped us we were just getting so upset staying in our Louie enjoyed meeting other dogs too..
    When Elle died we brought her home and laid her on a blanket on the rug and let Louie sniff and smell her he licked her face Has if to say get up Elle why aren't you nipping my neck like you usually do,for she was the boss. Then we wrapped her up and buried her in the garden, my hubby Geoff has made a lovey plot with white pebbles and spring flowers of snow drops hyacinth and crocus flowers planted into it,for although we have had dogs for nearly 40 years our pugs have dug deep into our hearts and we are devastated by her loss. Same for me just message me and I will get back to you! K

• Hug Hug x 5
  9. dogslife

Hi Keesha. 6.1 is still OK. This diabetes has a will of it's own! "Its a mystery" sometimes. Enjoy your weekend.:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Granny_grump_

@dogslife we have been out with Louie to a doggy cafe this afternoon enjoyed it,so many lovely dogs to stroke it was lovely, thank you for your kindness! K

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  11. dogslife

Sorry you are feeling frustrated with your levels at the moment, pleinster. I'm sure we all understand how that feels when you think you are doing everything right. This diabetes is so unpredictable and can be affected by so many things as you already know. I'm sure your levels will soon be back to where you want them to be. Take care and don't beat yourself up too much. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. dogslife

That sounds lovely to me. I have always loved dogs. Although I've never been able to have one as a pet I can't resist giving them a little fuss whenever I meet one. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Granny_grump_

@WuTwo pleased you've got Dizzy through the first week and hope he make a good recovery,well has good has it can! K best wishes to you and Dizzy

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Have a good day peeps

• Hug Hug x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Granny_grump_

Wow Cumberland whatever is happening with your BG one day your in range then sky high?
    I'm no type1 expert at all but shouldn't you talk with your DN or doctor something's not right,do so hope you can get it sorted.
    Good Luck ! K

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Granny_grump_

Good morning everyone
    BG this morning @ 6.30 am was 6.3
    Have to admit to eating a few more carbs than is good for me,but when I'm upset, stressed or worried and I'm all these things at the moment I do on occasion have what I shouldn't. Have a good day everyone! K

• Like Like x 7
    • Hug Hug x 4
  17. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

6.0 at 6:55

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Granny_grump_

Your doing ok, this diabetes is at times hard but we now know we can if we try control it not the other way round!
    We both at this time are for whatever reason not able to completely do this at this time,but we know we have the knowledge to get back on track when we feel in a better place,Wish you all the very best Freema take care ! K

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Hi all, my first visit to this thread but think its a good idea.
    7.1 at 7:20am.

Higher than it has been so a bit disappointed - thought I’d got past the liver dump stage.

I did have a takeaway curry last night though. No rice, poppadoms, naan etc just chicken tikka, a bit of saag paneer and a bit of cauliflower curry, but still around 40-50g carbs I estimate.

Off to have a creamy coffee then take the dog out and try to get back in controll

• Like Like x 11
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

4.0 @ 07.44

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook