ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ive done decaffinated bulletproof coffee. Not now thou.

Mine seems more a muscular problem. No energy in them.
Maybe I need r-ala suppliment again?
How about you @Angelofthemarches?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ickihun, what is that supplement??
I just have general exhaustion all the time!
what has your doctor suggested? I had some blood tests and it showed a lack of Vitamin D so i take supplements for it. I am happy to share my experience.

My most important strategy is to go with it, not fight it. and pace myself. Have you seen the Spoons Theory?

Reactions: ickihun

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
what has your doctor suggested? I had some blood tests and it showed a lack of Vitamin D so i take supplements for it. I am happy to share my experience.

My most important strategy is to go with it, not fight it. and pace myself. Have you seen the Spoons Theory?
Yes, am trying to do it!!

old sparky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
ball sports
Anyone else struggle with this, and what are your coping strategies?
Hi
I also struggle with sleep at night, but have done so before being Diagnosed, I used to drink quite heavily which helped with sleeping but feel like **** in the morning, there are many causes and one of them would you believe is the moons cycle, please do not laugh, as a full moon has a pronounced effect on our metabolism, (well documented) How to cope that is another story? As I am retired I find writing about the day helps, or reading a short story, the Father Browns are my own personal favourite, Coffee does nothing for me, but valerian tea or other herbal teas work sometimes.
I thought it was the medication for my blood pressure was the cause, but it is much more deep rooted than that.
I am sorry I cannot help further, just passing on my two penny worth.

Edited for language by mod

Last edited by a moderator:

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
I'm waiting for my appointment for diagnosis of CFS and or fibromyalgia long waiting list. Been suffering for past 2 yrs with very little sleep, lack of energy and severe pain from head to toe 24/7 taking the usual cocktail of drugs with little affect.

Reactions: SammieL66

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have it on occasion, working out in the morning brings me great clarity when I feel a bit 'fuzzy'

A strong coffee, filtered or instant works well also, as suggested a bulletproof with some C8 MCT oil in it works wonders.

Recently Ive tried rhodiola rosea, which is more of a herbal supplement but worked well for me.

Tony61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty,over whelming people,not being able to work...
I've recently been back to the doctor for this chronic sleep,he done an ECG because I've have recent heart surgery that came back clear he also done the usual blood tests everything came back clear apart from the one thing my thyroid is slightly high,but he totally eliminated my diabetes on the initial consultation,my diabetes is T2 I've had numerous issues with it my eye vision is constantly fluctuate preventing me getting a prescription for new glasses also i have nerve damage with my feet and legs it has also been part of my heart issue too,anyone else had a had issues getting diagnosed? This sleep issue lasted a few months but seems to come and go at the moment...

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can see that the term Chronic Fatigue Syndrome has got several meanings and interpretations. It all very educational.

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I am type 2 too. Have sleep problems and choric Myalgia My GP has given me pregabin for the chronic pain. Now over 50s nice has approved melatonin 2mg at night. She wont prescribe it. Says it does not work and the local CCG does not approve. Has any one taken melatonin?

Reactions: SammieL66

Romfordboys

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone else struggle with this, and what are your coping strategies?
See Gp and check for under active thyroid (could be a cause) or sleep apnea through the NHS a sleep study it will take months a private one to rent (a finger probe you use for four nights gains the information to tell if your oxygen saturation levels are going down
And if your having apnea events and how many times a night) these can be hired for about £100 on most CPAP sites, it took me a year to go through the NHS to find out I had sleep apnea I wish I just hired a probe unfortunately like me you might need a CPAP
Machine but it really makes a difference to increasing energy levels
Hope this helps Gerald