Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
7.1 today been in the sevens for a few days now not eating any different wondering if it’s the stress off the weather and also not being able to work

Hi bigjim19 it's probably the stress it can upset our BG readings,I've found that ! K

Reactions: bigjim19

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 @ 09.06 (in one sitting, Duck, Parsnip puree, vegetable main course, full dinner plate of nuts and cheese, 3 large coconut pancakes (this was a test)
Looks like you passed the test - first class honours!

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Looks like you passed the test - first class honours!
Seems that if I just eat with no walking (snowed in) I hover in the high 4's. Forgot to add that I also had a bowl of berries (what a hog). I know I have some slack as I am enjoying the nuts still and could cut down by half (3-400 calories). Ultimately I will have a similar main meal and one further plate with a sensible mix, something like a single low carb pancake, a dollop of yogurt, 300 calories of nuts and a smattering of berries.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Seems that if I just eat with no walking (snowed in) I hover in the high 4's.
Looking at your profile it seems your exercise levels demand good nutrition. How much exercise did you do at time of diagnosis and what age group are you in? Love your numbers and exercise so trying to get a handle on some kind of conversation factor for myself as a guide rather than being nosey.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@goonergal seems high for you who in your team's past/present is that like?

Feels like a “could do better” moment, which pretty much applies to the whole squad at the moment. On the basis that my food intake yesterday should have delivered a better result, I’ll go for the Theo Walcott “not living up to billing” award.

Reactions: ianpspurs

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
5.1 at 5:30 am, must have been something in the beer yesterday. :D

Could be mate.

It’s going to even higher tomorrow with this weather none of the shops have been getting deliveries so just having what they’ve got and it ain’t low cal or carb ( they got plenty vodka tho )