Increasingly frustrated by GP

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I finally got my HbA1c result, after being told the doctor wouldn’t be in all day....
I pulled the Asperger’s card, because I am so stressed about it and can’t deal with surprises and the practice nurse rang me straight back.

My latest HbA1c is:​

9C59D7FD-7C8E-4E57-AAEE-F816DDE20784.jpeg

Which means I’ve reduced it by 45 from the 94 in December and smashed the target of reducing it by 27! This means I qualify to keep my Libre, unless they’ve moved the goalposts...

Thank you all for the moral support in this, it’s meant a great deal :happy: <3​

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Whoop whoop, have a little party today!
Thank you! The practice nurse rang me straight back after I practically burst into tears on the phone. I’ll party (hopefully) after I’ve seen my consultant this afternoon...

Reactions: Antje77

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Thank you! The practice nurse rang me straight back after I practically burst into tears on the phone. I’ll party (hopefully) after I’ve seen my consultant this afternoon...
Well done! I'm doing the happy dance for your result.

Reactions: kev-w and Antje77

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Well done, a brilliant result particularly with Christmas in the time slot. Shame that you had to be tearful before anyone would give you the result.

On the subject of online medical records when I checked mine I found that there was nothing there, no note of childhood illness, antibiotics taken ( I went through a huge variety because of a skin condition), adult inoculations taken for travel and the boosters after 10 years, nor of tests taken and results (I had a possibly positive smear which was resolved quickly). I understand that copying up details of every cold and strain are tedious but there should be mention of things that may impact on later life. I w then would urge anyone to check their record online as this is what the doctor now accesses at a consultation.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, a brilliant result particularly with Christmas in the time slot. Shame that you had to be tearful before anyone would give you the result.

On the subject of online medical records when I checked mine I found that there was nothing there, no note of childhood illness, antibiotics taken ( I went through a huge variety because of a skin condition), adult inoculations taken for travel and the boosters after 10 years, nor of tests taken and results (I had a possibly positive smear which was resolved quickly). I understand that copying up details of every cold and strain are tedious but there should be mention of things that may impact on later life. I w then would urge anyone to check their record online as this is what the doctor now accesses at a consultation.

Mine go back to 1948!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Phoenix55, when my records became available, they went through a sort of back-filling arrangement almost. It was like they had someone in the background furiously converting everyone's records to online, but in revers chronology. I haven't gone all the way back through my record again in an age (let's face it, it's time I'll never get back!), but might just have a peep for some landmark events I can probably track down to a year at least.

Nowadays, I always check what goes onto my record after a visit to the surgery (I laughingly said to one of the partners he couldn't be rude about me any more <...... chuckles. Simple things....>, but more importantly a condition a couple of years ago was mis-coded, even though the notes (which I don't see) were correct. The then Practise Manager thought it was fine to leave as other notes had the correct diagnosis.

The mis-code stated I had been diagnosed with a particular form of carcinoma, so we had to have a "special little chat" to have that changed. To me, it's important I see my records.

NoKindOfSusie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How did I miss this thread?

I have only skimmed through it as I'm sort of supposed to be working but GOD how useless are medical people.

I am barely on speaking terms with any of the people I've met and I am starting to understand that I am not alone. I thought it was just me, OK I am especially weird I supposebut wow, this is too much!

Reactions: Diakat

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I am out on Monday - I'm at work. Apparently my mobile will be called. I fully intend answering and being difficult.
I understand but don't think it helps to be difficult

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
So got the call. Kidneys great, liver great. Area of concern? Cholesterol. Total 5.1. No medication suggested yet but a warning I should try to reduce it. Not too sure about that as I'm not convinced that lower is better and my ratios are OK. @Rachox how did your benecol experiment go - in case I get told it has to come down?
Apparently I can now get my print out.

NoKindOfSusie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So got the call. Kidneys great, liver great. Area of concern? Cholesterol. Total 5.1. No medication suggested yet but a warning I should try to reduce it. Not too sure about that as I'm not convinced that lower is better and my ratios are OK. @Rachox how did your benecol experiment go - in case I get told it has to come down?

I have absolutely no idea what my cholesterol levels are likely to be after six months of eating endless fatty ****.

It is depressing. My diet used to be pretty good, it has now gone to absolute ****.

And @lucylocket61 I have not met a single medical person connected with diabetes who I liked, most of them were patronising idiots who I want nothing to do with. They constantly contract one another, change their minds on what's OK and what isn't and don't seem to care that this is actually important to anyone. I am now basically suspicious of all doctors and nurses on the basis that they just don't know anything and even if they do they won't do anything with that information. They just seem poorly informed and lazy. And yes all of them.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I have absolutely no idea what my cholesterol levels are likely to be after six months of eating endless fatty ****.

It is depressing. My diet used to be pretty good, it has now gone to absolute ****.

And @lucylocket61 I have not met a single medical person connected with diabetes who I liked, most of them were patronising idiots who I want nothing to do with. They constantly contract one another, change their minds on what's OK and what isn't and don't seem to care that this is actually important to anyone. I am now basically suspicious of all doctors and nurses on the basis that they just don't know anything and even if they do they won't do anything with that information. They just seem poorly informed and lazy. And yes all of them.
Hi @NoKindOfSusie
My doctor admitted that diet has nothing to do with cholesterol level. So today I'm with you on "medics know nothing!"

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did they give you a breakdown of the cholestrol or just the total? The total by itself is said to be as much use as a handbrake in a canoe.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I started taking Benecol and a vitamin B complex in September when my total cholesterol was 5.9. In February it was still 5.9 but the HDL was up, whilst the LDL and triglycerides were down, so that was enough to persuade my GP to only given Statins a brief mention! I’ll carry on with the Benecol and vit B tablets!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Did they give you a breakdown of the cholestrol or just the total? The total by itself is said to be as much use as a handbrake in a canoe.
Total 5.1
HDL 1.5
LDL 3.6
Trigs 0.7

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Total 5.1
HDL 1.5
LDL 3.6
Trigs 0.7

What does he think is wrong with that? We all know the total is fairly meaningless as it includes the good stuff as well as the bad. The trigs are the real baddies, and yours are ideal, which means that most of your LDL will be made up of the big fluffy particles that do no harm at all. Have a look at these 2 short videos just posted this evening by @Guzzler . There are many more videos. Even my diabetes nurse told me about the trigs and LDL big fluffy particles. She had recently been on a training course.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/ketodave-and-cholesterol.138706/

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What does he think is wrong with that? We all know the total is fairly meaningless as it includes the good stuff as well as the bad. The trigs are the real baddies, and yours are ideal, which means that most of your LDL will be made up of the big fluffy particles that do no harm at all. Have a look at these 2 short videos just posted this evening by @Guzzler . There are many more videos. Even my diabetes nurse told me about the trigs and LDL big fluffy particles. She had recently been on a training course.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/ketodave-and-cholesterol.138706/

I agree, @Diakat trigs are spot on according to Dave. Well done, Diakat you are Rocking This!