Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My God he’s done it.
Thank you Mrs McD. (I also have an ology - your comment just reminded me of that advert) I trust you have fully recovered from the indignity of a trip to a well known Swedish retailer. We don't tolerate such outlets in Cambridge:angelic: It would frighten the horses.

Last edited:
Reactions: JanetMcDowell

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Highly delighted as we had a family meal at the local indian restaurant last night and I succumbed to PILAU RICE! With Lahore chilli chicken and some peshwami bread! I enjoyed every mouthful i must say but after 2 hours my BS had gone up from 4.5 to 8.1 and only down to 8.0 after 3 hours. Didn't test after that.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Both together would be my guess. I don't miss the getting ill at the end of term/sleeping for days at the start of holidays one bit! Served my 36 years. Have a good holiday

Thank you - FBG seems to be trending back down a bit now :)

In the future I can imagine anyone will manage 36 years teaching - I'm 25 years in, and the last of my peer group still teaching. My last teaching friend has been signed off since January, and I'm sure she will not be able to go back. As it is teaching nearly finished me off last year until I managed to find a bit of balance (not enough, but a bit)

Reactions: eddie1968 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you - FBG seems to be trending back down a bit now :)In the future I can imagine anyone will manage 36 years teaching - I'm 25 years in, and the last of my peer group still teaching.
[/QUOTE]

I came to the conclusion years ago that one had to get out early. I went at 58 and everyone I graduated with went before 60. We were lucky with pension schemes. I fear for the sanity of the young senior managers in large schools now.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.6 today. Happy with that. Although it was nice to have a couple of hot cross buns and a couple of pears, am looking forward to getting some sensible numbers this week with my extra medication.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you - FBG seems to be trending back down a bit now :)

In the future I can imagine anyone will manage 36 years teaching - I'm 25 years in, and the last of my peer group still teaching. My last teaching friend has been signed off since January, and I'm sure she will not be able to go back. As it is teaching nearly finished me off last year until I managed to find a bit of balance (not enough, but a bit)
People like me appreciate teachers. Just a shame some low lives don't. :( No respect. In the 70s these people were in the minority now they're the majority. :(
The respectful minority are stressed out from covering for the lack of others, it seems. Society is breaking down.
A very sad start for tiny ones. They often don't know anything other than being unkind. :(
I do blame the parents, some of them.
Our highly respected school doesn't allow parents at sports day. Very very sad.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all, 8.2 today. Am very happy and relieved with this number as I had an ugh day yesterday, and I had a small bowl of cereal, my numbers were at 10.1 after a couple hours.
Porridge does the same to me but sometimes it's all in when waiting to do a grocery shop. Some filled with sugar unlike porridge made with water.
All we type2s are missing insulin first response which causes the lingering spike. None diabetics clear the carbs/glucose spike quicker.
We are what we are. Protein breakfast is the only other solution hun. Egg anyway you like it?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
People like me appreciate teachers.
@ickihun I hope any primary teachers read this and take heart. I only ever taught in very large Secondary Schools and for at least 30 years had the insulation of rank. I have total admiration for primary staff and when I collect my grandson from school I have to resist the urge to hug his young teacher and offer my deepest sympathy! (Not for having to teach him , as being my grandson, we all know where the sun shines!)

Last edited:
Reactions: ickihun and DJC3