Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You are sounding more positive today, it is good to see. I like home made burgers (especially made using lamb mince) on a bed of spinach or rocket and a generouse helping of melted cheese on top. Hmmm.... now I made myself hungry!

Reactions: tina_marie and heh

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Off to hospital this morning for Ron's pain clinic appointment. He's not been sleeping well if at all. His hips are causing him alot of pain. Nothing he's been taking is of any help. X

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Off to hospital this morning for Ron's pain clinic appointment. He's not been sleeping well if at all. His hips are causing him alot of pain. Nothing he's been taking is of any help. X
How much pregabalin is he on? I wonder if they increase it.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
my intercostal muscle sprain/bruising is excruciatingly painful and i'm in agony. it's radiated round to my back now.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
my intercostal muscle sprain/bruising is excruciatingly painful and i'm in agony. it's radiated round to my back now.
Try and see a gp again @JohnnyBaker12021970 and ask if how long should you anticipate the pain to continue.... roughly. I know your Austism pushes you into taking his answer literally but his answer should only be a guide for you.
Or did walking centre gp tell you how long it will be very painful for? Roughly?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
i've just eaten 1 orange which i meticulously peeled and de-pithed and ate, then took my morning prescriptive medication. my blood glucose reading at 9:48 antemeridian, british summer time today on monday 30th april 2018 anno domini was 9.5 millimoles per litre.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Try and see a gp again @JohnnyBaker12021970 and ask if how long should you anticipate the pain to continue.... roughly. I know your Austism pushes you into taking his answer literally but his answer should only be a guide for you.
Or did walking centre gp tell you how long it will be very painful for? Roughly?
Richard, the urgent care centre consultant, says in a possible worse case scenario it will be with me for weeks before i begin to see a relief or an improvement. i've still got my ibuprofen and paracetamol and my doctor is very good and i have the ibuprofen on repeat prescription for my restricted income which quantifies seventy pounds a week for my own protection concerning my susceptibility to financial and material exploitation from people i befriend or whom befriend me. the latter problem is part and parcel of my moderate to severe asperger's syndrome. thank you, my lovely friend, @ickihun.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
How much pregabalin is he on? I wonder if they increase it.
The nurse at the clinic has now discharged him as she feels there is no more they can do for him. She is however going to write to the gp to have the pregabalin strength increased as Ron is only on 25mg twice a day. She said it can go up to 300mg but if after 200mg it doesn't work then it never will. She was hoping that he would of been to Derby hospital by now but that's not until a week on Wednesday. She also did say of another medication for his mood which may help him with sleeping . It will be two weeks before all this gets put in place because that's how long we have to wait for hospital to write it to our gp. Even then in the past Ron's had to make an appointment with gp to get the medication.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Johnny - How are your water works at the moment? Do you have any discomfort passing water or a fever of any sort?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Johnny - How are your water works at the moment? Do you have any discomfort passing water or a fever of any sort?
Dear @DCUKMod, Thank you for your kind concern. http://www.diabetes.co.uk has helped me so much recently and although I still remain to experience struggles with my autism spectrum safeguarding, I am doing really well. I haven't noticed too many issues with my waterworks, although in the past I have had acute urinary retention for which I had a catheter put in to drain the 1 litre residual of urine in my bladder. It was discovered it was caused by being heavily constipated/faecally impacted at the time with my idiopathic megarectum bowel condition henceforth my impacted bowels pressing down on my bladder restricting the flow of urine. I feel okay in myself and haven't experienced too much retention of my urine in recent days (the tamsulosin hydrochloride prescribed by the Guy's Hospital urology department sees to that) and I don't feel altogether feverish. My blood glucose at the moment, now, 11:52 antemeridian British Summer Time is 6.2 millimoles per litre. The ibuprofen and paracetamol have helped subdue a lot of my intercostal muscle discomfort and the pain seems to be much less intense than earlier. I have pronounced musculoskeletal disorder but also the sensory sensitivity in my Asperger's Syndrome sometimes enhances pain and discomfort due to the tactile sense being heightened or exaggerated.

Reactions: ickihun and DCUKMod

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
i've become increasingly aware that in the past 1 and a half hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes that my flow of urine has slowed right down, although i am expelling urine, there might still be a bit of a residual of urine in my bladder. i did just eat a wonderfully delicious basics spaghetti bolognese ready meal from sainsbury's and my abdomen feels a bit bloated. a friend was informed by his friend who has learning difficulties and is type 2 diabetes that high doses of metformin can cause abdominal bloating and stomach cramps. i don't know how true this is, it might be total fabrication and an unreliable source that the advice came from. i'm on 1000 mg of metformin every morning and in conjunction with my lixisenatide 20 mcg glucagon-like peptide subcutaneous injection it proves very effective at stabilizing my blood glucose levels. the pain from my intercostal muscle sprain/bruising is very minimal now and i'm not experiencing feverish symptoms.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood sugar tonight at 9:15 postmeridian British Summer Time is 6.9 millimoles per litre.

I know what's causing my urinary retention. When I was 23-years-old (1993) living in East Finchley, North London (and my mum and sister were still alive and my Dad with fewer ailments and more mobile) at St.Mark's Intestinal Hospital, City Road, Angel in Islington, Dr Marcus Kamm and a lady doctor called Dr Gattuso, noticed, after a colonoscopy, bowel function tests, biopsies that I had a condition called idiopathic megarectum, now known as chronic megacolon, and the symptoms are chronic constipation, faecal impaction, anal fissures, bleeding, abdominal bloating and pain, and it's largely caused by distention/inflammation of the colon, or larger intestine, and is a less severe, but equally as debilitating as Crohn's Disease. More recently, I take a stimulant laxative called Bisacodyl which enables defaecation and expulsion of stools. In the circumstance of my urinary retention, a group of doctors/consultants/nurses at the urology department of Guy's Hospital, London Bridge, London, observed it might have something to do with my swollen and impacted bowel pressing down on my bladder restricting the flow of urine. I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow to treat my chronic megacolon/urinary retention which the latter sometimes causes overflow incontinence and leakage.

Reactions: ickihun

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Dearest Friends,

I awoke today on Wednesday 2nd May 2018 in the Christian Era at 2:45 Ante Meridian (British Summer Time) and drank 4 glasses of Prune juice for my impacted bowel in my chronic megacolon health condition plus a bowl of bran flakes with semi-skimmed laughing cow longlife milk. I took my morning medication at 5:45 Ante Meridian (British Summer Time) and my blood glucose reading was a very hyperglycaemic 14.2 millimoles per litre. Now I'm mindful of the advice of Debra Sue, which I've memorised by rote, about prune juice being very high in fructose and sugar and other additives. Debra suggested buying dried prunes which have natural purgative and bowel stimulating properties and won't spike my blood glucose. @ickihun suggested reading the nutrition labels on the food packaging that I buy, so that's something I'm working on, too. Bowel impaction is better since being on a high-fibre diet with plenty of vegetables. My flow of urine is still slow, weak and short but I'm sure the blood test I had yesterday for the functioning of my prostate gland will be able to resolve that issue. As I've said before, a lot of my symptoms are my susceptibility to faecal impaction and chronic constipation in my chronic megacolon health condition which might be causing my chronic urinary retention and overflow incontinence.

Love you all heaps and heaps and heaps,

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger's Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.

Reactions: 13lizanne

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have just eaten a glass see-through plateful of food containing two large frankfurters, spinach and asparagus and nothing else, no carbs!

Last edited:
Reactions: heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good morning @JohnnyBaker12021970 how are you ?
.I haven't been on the site for a long while, I just popped on to see how everyone is and here is a message from yourself waiting for me

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
.I haven't been on the site for a long while, I just popped on to see how everyone is and here is a message from yourself waiting for me
Praise the good lord! I've missed you so much, @13lizanne! My prayers are still very much ongoing for you, my dear friend.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I may be moving to supported housing soon, @13lizanne, as my vulnerability and safeguarding related to my Asperger's Syndrome seems to have hit an all-time low. I'm also going through a very distressing flare-up in my physical health and am currently suffering from chronic urinary retention that sometimes causes overflow incontinence possibly caused by my impacted bowel pressing down on my bladder restricting/affecting my flow of urine. Nurse Carla took a blood sample from me under Dr Ahmad's request to rule out prostate abnormality. I'm also trying to rectify my diet with one of high fibre/roughage but it's early days yet.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
But I am 160 days quit from smoking cigarettes, today, with help from Nurse Carla at my practice.

Reactions: heh and Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
But I am 160 days quit from smoking cigarettes, today, with help from Nurse Carla at my practice.

I like your new avater pic, you always looked a little surprised in the previous picture :)

Very well done on the quit smoking issue.