Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
If someone looks after your finances how have you ended up in rent arrears? Surely it should be up to date?
My Corporate Appointee was appointed for the Department for Work and Pensions and the Disability and Carer's Service to protect me from financial and material exploitation from people whom I befriend with poor judgement and people who befriend me. I believe this situation could have been caused by the Lambeth Council Housing Department and the Client Affairs Office communications, the latter being where my appointee works. Due to some incapacity in my Asperger's Syndrome, which I have a legitimate diagnosis of following an assessment at the Lambeth ADHD and Autism Service locally to myself, there might be severe incapacity in financial management and control which is why the DWP appointed a financial guardianship person to undertake responsibility for the management of my finances. Over the years, I've imparted hundreds, maybe even thousands, of pounds to various wastlings and "scroungers" who I thought were "good friends". I've always had problems with keeping a personal budget but it escalated since doing my HomeSwap to South London in 1995, when I was aged 25 years of age.

I do have a lot of savings at the Client Affairs Office and Lambeth Council have enduring power of attorney of them.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger's Syndrome with tendencies of Adult ADHD xXx.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
The day has finally arrived and off to Derby in a bit . Appointment is at 9.30 letter says initially it will last 90 minutes . I've told Ron it will last until we get answers . Pre menopause mood swings have set it . X Hope everyone has a great day.

Reactions: heh

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The day has finally arrived and off to Derby in a bit . Appointment is at 9.30 letter says initially it will last 90 minutes . I've told Ron it will last until we get answers . Pre menopause mood swings have set it . X Hope everyone has a great day.

Positive vibes for you both for today.

Reactions: ickihun

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Positive vibes for you both for today.
After two hours at hospital Ron finally has a diagnoses of M.E. with fibromialgia thrown in for good measure . I have one very happy hubby .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After two hours at hospital Ron finally has a diagnoses of M.E. with fibromialgia thrown in for good measure . I have one very happy hubby .

Well done on your persistency. Now to work out treatment plans, I guess?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Well done on your persistency. Now to work out treatment plans, I guess?
Yep doctor is going to look through all the medical notes I took with us . As she got them photocopied . Then send letter to us and gp. Ron is now under Derby royal for therapy groups which he will get appointment letters for . His goal is to be able to return to work , which given time doctor said could be possible .

Reactions: heh and DCUKMod

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep doctor is going to look through all the medical notes I took with us . As she got them photocopied . Then send letter to us and gp. Ron is now under Derby royal for therapy groups which he will get appointment letters for . His goal is to be able to return to work , which given time doctor said could be possible .

Fingers crossed for you. Is there any treatment or self-help that you can be doing in the meantime? It's all been a real rollercoaster for you both.

You've deserved better.

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Fingers crossed for you. Is there any treatment or self-help that you can be doing in the meantime? It's all been a real rollercoaster for you both.

You've deserved better.
Just to pace himself and when sitting down to elevate his legs as they are very swollen. Other than that just keep on with what we are doing .

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Just to pace himself and when sitting down to elevate his legs as they are very swollen. Other than that just keep on with what we are doing .
Did I say pace himself , an hour ago he fell asleep.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My Corporate Appointee was appointed for the Department for Work and Pensions and the Disability and Carer's Service to protect me from financial and material exploitation from people whom I befriend with poor judgement and people who befriend me. I believe this situation could have been caused by the Lambeth Council Housing Department and the Client Affairs Office communications, the latter being where my appointee works. Due to some incapacity in my Asperger's Syndrome, which I have a legitimate diagnosis of following an assessment at the Lambeth ADHD and Autism Service locally to myself, there might be severe incapacity in financial management and control which is why the DWP appointed a financial guardianship person to undertake responsibility for the management of my finances. Over the years, I've imparted hundreds, maybe even thousands, of pounds to various wastlings and "scroungers" who I thought were "good friends". I've always had problems with keeping a personal budget but it escalated since doing my HomeSwap to South London in 1995, when I was aged 25 years of age.

I do have a lot of savings at the Client Affairs Office and Lambeth Council have enduring power of attorney of them.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger's Syndrome with tendencies of Adult ADHD xXx.
So arrears aren't from housing benefit capping your rent coverage entitlement and the difference should have been cover by you through your financial guardian but hasn't.. due to admin? Maybe.

At one time all rent was paid by dwp but not now but your guardian has to pay it for you. Asap. Humf!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Wow. What a long time coming.
So how come others couldn't have done the same? Disgrace really. They are a disgrace!

Wahoooo to Derby Royal Hospital. :)

I'm pleased for you both.
At last some constructive help! :) :) :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Wow. What a long time coming.
So how come others couldn't have done the same? Disgrace really. They are a disgrace!

Wahoooo to Derby Royal Hospital. :)

I'm pleased for you both.
At last some constructive help! :) :) :)
The Dr was amazing . She actually listened to what both of us was saying . I've showed her video clips of the spasms he had going back two years ago. She was amazed how organised I was . With records and recollecting all that had happen since Ron was diagnosed T2. The only problem that Derby has is parking . It was horrendous. 20 minutes to get a parking space . Next time we're getting the bus .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The Dr was amazing . She actually listened to what both of us was saying . I've showed her video clips of the spasms he had going back two years ago. She was amazed how organised I was . With records and recollecting all that had happen since Ron was diagnosed T2. The only problem that Derby has is parking . It was horrendous. 20 minutes to get a parking space . Next time we're getting the bus .
You're one brilliant carer @tina_marie. Thank you on behalf of Ron. I'm sure he has told you this already thou.
Well done.
Your persistence has paid off. :) :) :)

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Ps. No neuropathy damage off diabetes, then?
There is damage and it's spread from 2 years ago. His dn knew he had it so did neurologist but nothing was done about it . The Dr gave him a full examination better than he's ever had before .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did I say pace himself , an hour ago he fell asleep.

Tina_marie - You my find that your husband manages himself a bit better once the diagnosis have set in and he settles into it.

I've only known one person, personally, who had an ME diagnosis, over 10 years ago. At that point, it was referred to a "Yuppy Flu". She had a similar battle to you guys in terms of arriving at a diagnosis - She used to have to go from Warwickshire to London to see her Consultant, as he was about the only one who accepted the condition existed!

She spent a long time, trying to be as normal as possible, and constantly just exhausting herself and getting upset. Once her condition had settled a little, she was more able, mentally, to allow herself to manage it with resting and so on. She no longer felt she had to fight it with every breath, but to accept that she needed to save her energy for the things she wanted to do, and not fritter it away.

She definitely used to live and manage herself, using The Spoons Theory: https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

Funnily enough, I ran into her in Sainsbury's a few months ago, and she has healed quite a bit. She never has got back to work (she was a nursing Sister, but worked for, and loved working for The Blood Transfusion Service), but she is now far more active and has a relatively normal life, provided she managres her "quota of spoons" (see the link),

Hopefully some of the energy you and he have heavily invested in getting a diagnosis can be diverted into some form of relaxation or enjoyment.

Edited to correct some shockingly bad typos!

Last edited:

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Tina_marie - You my find that your husband manages himself a bit better once the diagnosis have set in and he settles into it.

I've only known one persona, personally, who ahd an ME diagnosis, over 10 years ago. At that point, it was referred to a "Yuppy Flue". She had a similar battle to you guys in terms of arriving at a diagnosis - She used to have to go from Warwickshire to London to see her Consultant, as he weas about the only one who accepted the condition existed!

She spent a long time, trying to be as normal as possible, and constantly just exhausting herself and getting upsety. Once her condition had a title, she was more able, mentally, to allow herself to manage it with resting and so on. She no longer felt she had to fight it with every breath, but to accept that she needed to save her energy for the things she wanted to do, and no fritter it away.

She definitely used to live and manage herself, using The Spoons Theory: https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

Funnily enough, I ran into her in Sainsbury's a few months ago, and she has healed quite a bit. She never has got back to work (she was a nursing Sister, but worked for, and loved working for The Blood Transfusion Service), but she is now far more active and has a relatively normal life, provided she managres her "quota of spoons" (see the link),

Hopefully some of the energy you and he have heavily invested in getting a diagnosis can be diverted into some form of relaxation or enjoyment.
Ron seemed to be much more at ease when we came out of hospital . It was like someone had lifted a heavy burden from our shoulders . All Ron ever wanted was a diagnoses . This afternoon he has slept for 3 hours , and I've now help in back into bed . He's wacked . As you say we can now put our energies into relaxing and a new chapter in our lives . X

Reactions: heh and DCUKMod

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ron seemed to be much more at ease when we came out of hospital . It was like someone had lifted a heavy burden from our shoulders . All Ron ever wanted was a diagnoses . This afternoon he has slept for 3 hours , and I've now help in back into bed . He's wacked . As you say we can now put our energies into relaxing and a new chapter in our lives . X
:)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
So arrears aren't from housing benefit capping your rent coverage entitlement and the difference should have been cover by you through your financial guardian but hasn't.. due to admin? Maybe.

At one time all rent was paid by dwp but not now but your guardian has to pay it for you. Asap. Humf!
Good Morning, my dear, lovely friend, @ickihun, My £800.00+ rent arrears has now been paid, in full, by my corporate appointee, Andrew, and an indefinite standing order has been put in place to cover future rent instalments as and when they're due. And also, I no longer receive income-related employment and support allowance, housing benefit and council tax support. Andrew pays my full rent and full council tax as my savings at the client affairs office, Lambeth, for vulnerable adults, is enough. I declared it to the department for work and pensions and the housing/benefit/council tax support department because I thought that was the honest and Christlike thing to do when my savings went over the threshold. My DLA/PIP is still being paid, however, because that isn't if I'm correct, means-tested.

My intercostal muscle sprain/bruising and musculoskeletal pain is still very sore, however, but I had an impeccable blood glucose reading, just now, 9:47 antemeridian, British Summer Time, today, Friday 11th May 2018 in the Christian Era, of 6.3 millimoles per litre.

Lots of love and prayers, @JohnnyBaker12021970, a Sufferer of Asperger's Syndrome and tendencies of Adult ADHD xXx.

Edited by a Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes