The Fabulous Fasters Group Fast April 2018

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
49 hrs up latest reading 3.9. Feel cold but otherwise good. The stationary bike and IPL obviously worked or maybe the Cider Vinegar and salt in water. Anyhow, another tea with cream to warm me up and on to 60 hrs.
Work got in the way of me seeing your great results. Although your numbers may go up after this, you are training your body to go lower.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Howdy Folks....

Ok so broke the fast after 110 hrs with Halloumi cheese chips in butter (first time and loved them) with italian cold meats and smoked cheese and macadamia nuts..3g carbs total

data as follows:

0901hrs BG: 3.9
0925hrs Ketones: 5.0
1400hrs Break Fast
1526hrs BG: 4.1
1652 hrs BG: 5.1
1815hrs BG: 4.6
1830 hrs Ketones 4.3

Im off out to a Hog Roast and no doubt overeat, I will try and stay off the carbs but I love apple sauce ha ha ha. Im happy with those figures and hopefully I can stay away from desert tonight.......

Chat later folks......
What a trroper. I am so glad I am sitting in a restaurant reading your post, having order baby back ribs, salmon, mushrooms and some vegatables. The thought of the hog roast has me salivating. Well done on your fast.

Reactions: rab5

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to keep on updating
Bloods have come back down to usual level FBG today 6.1
But all readings after that have been in the low 5's with a 5.0 before bed with ketones at 0.5
I'm trying to up my fats a bit this week after the fast. About half the weight has come back so still down about 4 pounds but again some of that may well be food in transit as it takes a while to get my digestive system back on track after a fast.

Reactions: flexi06 and rom35

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
So I fasted for 4 days and 12 hrs
starting weight was 12st 6lbs
BMI 24.3....

1 week and 1 day after my numbers are as follows:
Weight: 12st 2 lbs
BMI 23.7

I managed to lose and maintain a 4lb loss which is a miracle. The past 2 days I was away with her indoors for her birthday and went mad with food and deserts which included Custard, apple crumble and ice cream and creme brulee with oat biscuit. I should not have done it but I did.... forgive me for I have sinned. My blood sugars rose and stayed there for 48 hrs. (that wont happen again)

I also did not finish my fast with a well thought out return to proper food after attending a hog roast dinner and overeating.

I am knocked out of ketosis with two measurements of 0.7 including today but my BG has been:
0922hrs: 5.2
1156hrs: 4.9
So the numbers are good.

If I am honest with myself I was probably using the fast because I knew that my weekend was going to be a food mess lol (thats my excuse and Im sticking to it)

I am looking forward to getting back on the horse and doing the May Fast in the coming weeks

onwards and upwards

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Posting a few stats and reflections a week on.

Weighed this morning and have put 1.2kg of the 1.4kgs lost back on. However, my body measurements are all exactly the same so have kept the cms off.

Ketones are down to 0.6, which is the lowest they’ve been for a while. Today’s FBG is 5.9 - higher than in a long time.

This was a first so difficult to draw conclusions, especially as I’ve been out of sorts this week - very unwell on Monday, with blood pressure going pretty low and struggling with hunger/eating a bit too much the rest of the week. Whether any of that is related to the fasting is unknown, but it is leaving me doubting whether the longer stuff is for me. Think I will give the May one a whirl as that will hopefully provide more clues as to whether this week’s events are just a coincidence.