Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is Desmond course worth doing then?
I got paperwork through today about attending one also.
I didn't think it would be but I really enjoyed it. I did learn a few things and it was a chance for myself and fellow diabetics to have a little chat and tell our stories. Ask questions. And generally get a good understanding about their condition. The organisers don't advocate LCHF though but I did really well keeping my mouth shut! I didn't want to be the argumentative one! There were people there feeling confused about why their BS were not coming down but I sussed it out from what they said. They continue to eat bread cereal potatoes and HC and I was in fact the only one that brought a salad for lunch. Everyone else had sandwiches, in fact the lady next to me tucked into what appeared to be a submarine!!! Nobody else does finger prick tests to see how their bodies deal with certain foods!!! One man does test now and again at his dad's who is also diabetic. When he thinks about it!!!

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning - HUMPH. I know that 5's are ideal for many (Hubby could only dream of a 5 in the morning) - but I had months of low 4's - so the last month of mainly high 4's and the odd low 5 has me perplexed. Had decided to have a very strict week and be extra careful about carbs - so today's 5.2 is a real "why?" Daytime numbers are still good so need to remember the marathon not sprint mantra and not panic about short term wobbles.

In other diabetic news - retinopathy date with hubby yesterday v romantic (gazed at each other through watering and blurry eyes :D ) - both seem to be ok on eye front as they always have a quick look at photos there and then at our clinic.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning - HUMPH. I know that 5's are ideal for many (Hubby could only dream of a 5 in the morning) - but I had months of low 4's - so the last month of mainly high 4's and the odd low 5 has me perplexed.
@Polgara you are doing fine. Those numbers are fine but console yourself the lower ones will return. As they say, this too shall pass.

Reactions: bigjim19