How old is everyone

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
25 today.

I didn't really expect it to be like this.

thumb_COLOURBOX12099997.jpg

I thought you were a lot older for some reason.....lol....

Reactions: Dodo

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@NoKindOfSusie Happy Birthday - it might not be a cake day but you can have balloons instead and the sun is also shining, have a great day :)

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 59, and about 6 months away from 42 years since being diagnosed. Can't remember the exact date.

It's gone frighteningly quickly. If it's any help to anyone else, I feel now as if I have much better control over my diabetes, and feel much healthier than I ever did when I was younger. So it's not always a downward trend,

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
I'm 59, and about 6 months away from 42 years since being diagnosed. Can't remember the exact date.

It's gone frighteningly quickly. If it's any help to anyone else, I feel now as if I have much better control over my diabetes, and feel much healthier than I ever did when I was younger. So it's not always a downward trend,

I totally agree. I think experience with this condition is the biggest tool I use for the management of my Diabetes. Type 1 for 36 years.

They wanted to discharge me after my Diabetes Eye Appointment at the Royal Free a couple of months ago after telling me that my background retinopathy had completely gone!. After some discussion they decided to keep me on and see me in twelve months time.

My eye glasses prescription has also got less, twice during the past three years and overall HbA1c has not been over 7.5 for over ten years.

I am very liberal with what I eat but sensible. Fundamentally though I eat what I want and inject accordingly. Experience though is no good unless you try to learn whilst gaining it.

We all have a chronic condition here but as you stated there is absolutely no reason why it has to be a downward spiral the longer we have it..

charliemann

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
64, Type 1 for 52 years since the age of 12.

How have you managed? Does it get any easier does everyone suffer complications or does it just depend on how well you manage it? Sorry for the questions but I am type 1 only diagnosed 2years ago and feel I’m still learning plus I worry so much! Xx

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How have you managed? Does it get any easier does everyone suffer complications or does it just depend on how well you manage it? Sorry for the questions but I am type 1 only diagnosed 2years ago and feel I’m still learning plus I worry so much! Xx
I do have heart problems but whether that is due to diabetes is debatable. For most of my diabetic life there were no such things as blood testing meters, insulin pumps, CGMs, etc., so all these things you have these days will help you manage your diabetes and you really should have little problem. Diabetic care these days is amazing compared to years gone by when you literally just flew by the seat of your pants and hoped for the best.