What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone, I hope this finds you all in the best of health or as good as you expect to be in with the help and assistance, of the Forum and it's members, that is! As it does work.

Well my BGL's for this morning are a bit over the top, as at 07:15 hrs this morning they were 12:2, but I know why as I got into the M & M's about 01:30 hrs, not good.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone. From out of nowhere fbg of 5.3 appears. Properly put the mockers on a bright start to the day and made me rethink what I thought was an excellent food and exercise day yesterday. Hope you all have good days - anyone coming in contact with me may not!

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Canvaspic, I just wish to thank you for sending me your weight/floor routine as I requested, it looks very easy to do as long as one is committed to doing so. As most of your exercises are basic weight building exercises and if you limit your sets then it should be beneficial to what I want to achieve, so thank you for sending me the list of various exercises. Stemar, (Downunder)
You are welcome, not sure how useful it is, there are far more knowledgeable people on the daily excercise thread.
I walk almost every day, and the excercises are an attempt to excercise the rest of me. Re your second question, how does it help with with BG; if i dont excercise for a few days my fasting BG will sneek up to approx 6.4 , and my daily average also around 6.2( 2 hours post meal). So about 0.7 mmol/L decrease with the excercise. There is probably a longer term effect also, if you loose weight, gain some muscle....that sort of thing.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 today (5.7 at 3am) so I'm happy with that. It would have been lower had I not had a slice of toast with my eggs and bacon and half a cream eclair at my friends when I called to see her. But I'm very happy that it didn't rock my boat too much! Looking forward to another sunny day. Taking my dear old friend out for lunch and we might even get to sit outside! She is 89 and suffering with dementia. We do go over the same stories every time we go out but she doesn't remember bless.