What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today. Happy with that.

Having to go to Drs again this morning as when I phoned on Friday all excited to get my HBA1C result they told me it hadnt been done!!! My cholesterol and bio done but it appears they forgot to do the test I was booked in for. Can you imagine my face!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead: And my response!!! :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears: Especially as I had eaten half a chocolate fudge cake previousevening as a 5 month treat knowing my next HBA1C not for 6 months!!!!:D:D:D Gutted was an understatement.:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: I'm over it now but it took a while!!! Been very low carb all weekend!!! ;):):joyful:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, a splendid 5 at 5:45am, should only ever be one 5:45 and not in the morning :woot: heavy sessions planned this week so will be expecting a couple of hypos even with a temp basal, unless I can work out the right percentages.

enjoy the rest of your Monday.

Take care everyone.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Up to 7.5 at 9.15 after a row of results in the 6's but could have been worse as I went to a birthday celebration yesterday afternoon where there was no alternative buffet food to carbs and sugar. ( sandwiches, sausage rolls, pasta etc.). Didn't eat much but felt sooo bloated for the rest of the day. Just shows how we can become unused to this sort of food after eating a healthy diet. Enjoy your week one and all.:)

Quick update. Just discovered that I've lost 6lbs in weight so nor all bad! Hope you enjoyed your Monday in the sun everyone.:)

Last edited:

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone, I hope this finds you all in the best of health or as good as you expect to be with the help and assistance of the Forum and it's members, that is! As it does work.

My BGL's were 7.0 this morning at 07:30 hrs, which is good for me!!!

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 for me today. I have a weights/ floor exercise routine which i do a few days a week, when i am not been lazy. It almost always leads to better sleep and lower BG the next day. So shall try to make it part of my daily routine for a few weeks to judge the difference. Have a good one.

Hi Canvaspic, I was wondering about your weight/floor routine, first off, what it consists of and second, if it was responsible for controlling your BGL's? Would you be willing to supply a copy of your Weight/Floor Routine, as I'm very interested in this type of exercise, for myself.
Stemar (Downunder)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Canvaspic, I was wondering about your weight/floor routine, first off, what it consists of and second, if it was responsible for controlling your BGL's? Would you be willing to supply a copy of your Weight/Floor Routine, as I'm very interested in this type of exercise, for myself.
Stemar (Downunder)

Hi, my routine is 1 excercise bike 100 pedals at the best pace i can manage, 6 excercises with dumbels, squats, curls, row, side lift ( ? Name), front straight arm lift (name?) and overhead press. Stomach; lye on the ground, lift your feet a foot and pedal 1 min, lift feet 90 deg 30 times. Push up x 30. Plank 30 seconds. Burpies ( squat jump combined ) 30. Then there is 5 more excercises on an old multigym machine.

I have a few peices of gym equipement which never got used after the first month of purchase. In the last year they have all been dusted off again and been put to use. I think you just have to find ways of excercising as many of your big muscles as you can. Use what you have in terms of equipment and space, you can do a lot with dumbels and a bit of floor space.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Stemar (Downunder)

Me too @Canvaspic

Reactions: ziggy_w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, my routine is 1 excercise bike 100 pedals at the best pace i can manage, 6 excercises with dumbels, squats, curls, row, side lift ( ? Name), front straight arm lift (name?) and overhead press. Stomach; lye on the ground, lift your feet a foot and pedal 1 min, lift feet 90 deg 30 times. Push up x 30. Plank 30 seconds. Burpies ( squat jump combined ) 30. Then there is 5 more excercises on an old multigym machine.

I have a few peices of gym equipement which never got used after the first month of purchase. In the last year they have all been dusted off again and been put to use. I think you just have to find ways of excercising as many of your big muscles as you can. Use what you have in terms of equipment and space, you can do a lot with dumbels and a bit of floor space.
im shattered reading this never mind trying it:p

Reactions: flexi06

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Canvaspic, I just wish to thank you for sending me your weight/floor routine as I requested, it looks very easy to do as long as one is committed to doing so. As most of your exercises are basic weight building exercises and if you limit your sets then it should be beneficial to what I want to achieve, so thank you for sending me the list of various exercises. Stemar, (Downunder)