What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Your chocolate caramel bar sounds great too. Have you posted the recipe in the "What have you eaten today?" thread? If not, would you mind telling me how it's done. Btw, I am in awe of your fasting efforts. Great results.
@ziggy_w, still in development but at present 100% chocolate; flaxseed; psyllium husk powder; butter; inulin; stevia much better left in fridge for a few days. Melt butter and mix in flaxseed and psyllium husk powder and press own hard into moulds; mix butter, inulin and stevia in a saucepan and heat whisking constantly - it will suddenly go toffee colour - strain off some butter as it will separate; place on top of flaxseed base quite quickly as it goes hard; leave to set; melt chocloate - add sweetner if you want; remove bars from moulds carefully and coat bars 1 side at a time I add raspberries sometimes -when dehydrator comes that will be even better. They are crisper and nicer for me if left in the fridge a few days.
Quantities depend on mould size really. We have now bought food grade soap moulds which are deeper and will allow raspberries, nuts etc much better. I used 2 tsps of inulin for 6 bars and 1 tsp of psyllium to 2 tbl spoons of flaxeseeds (grind them thoroughly) probably 100 gms in flaxseed and as much in toffee. We will perfect later so maybe hold off trying but it works for now. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi. Very new to this. Sorry if in the wrong forum. Not sure what I'm doing yet.

I was diagnosed T2 in mid April after being pre-diabetic last November. Mum died of cancer in March and I'm an emotional binge eater, so couldn't heed the warning. Was given 12 weeks until next test to improve diet and lifestyle. Life is still very difficult without Mum, but have severely cut carbs and I've only had 2 minimal binges. since April,

Today's reading before breakfast at 9.30 (ate chicken salad for dinner at 5 last night) was 9.1. Bit worried and disappointed. Any tips on how to reduce it? I am disabled and unable to walk safely atm.

Thanks
Gina

Hi Gina, and welcome. I'm sorry to hear of your recent loss. I know from experience that it certainly doesn't make coping with a your diagnosis any easier. To me it sounds like you're doing exceptionally well, under the circumstances. I'm new in this forum myself, but am thourougly enjoying the friendly and helpful athmosphere. However, I'm sure you'd get a lot more response and help with your questions if you head over to https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/greetings-and-introductions.20/ and post there, if you haven't already done so. I wish you all the best, and admire you for taking charge of your health. Me? I went completely of the track for 2 years after the death of my mum.

Reactions: Prem51 and ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have added the current version of the chocolate fibre bar idea to the what have you eaten today thread. Mods if the longish post here should be deleted please let me know. @DJC3 and @Goonergal and anyone else you can find the idea in the daily troughing thread.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A nice man just delivered a dehydrator and sous vide kit , the cackling pot came yesterday- don't go into the what have you eaten today thread it is a danger to your bank balance :banghead: Now making kale crisps in the dehydrator with my 5p bag of Kale :woot::woot:

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Yep, don't know about Oxford but Cambridge and SE generally well stocked with them not just S.E Asia :angelic:
There are lots of "them" as you say everywhere but I don't think it's a very nice thing to suggest that any male who would like to watch a wedding in preference to football is not a male or is in fact transgender. I happen to have transgender friends here and in Thailand and they will all watch sport or not depending on their interests. Slightly shocked by your remark

Reactions: geefull and Prem51

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
There are lots of "them" as you say everywhere but I don't think it's a very nice thing to suggest that any male who would like to watch a wedding in preference to football is not a male or is in fact transgender. I happen to have transgender friends here and in Thailand and they will all watch sport or not depending on their interests. Slightly shocked by your remark
@SueJB You are correct. I hold my hands up to a cheap shot/ low blow guilty as charged. Marked it useful as a good reminder to think posts through. Wouldn't have included those words had I heard Micheal Curry first. Suitably admonished.

Last edited: