What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Evening all. Posting very late today. 5.7 today - still way higher than normal and woke full of cold. On the plus side, best night’s sleep in a while. Now watching the FA Cup Final in which both @ianpspurs and I want both teams to lose.

In FA cup final if it’s a Northern team playing a southern team I tend to support the northern team BUT

We are talking about the one team I really can’t stand so well done Chelsea (southern softies)

Reactions: Goonergal

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh it’s glorious this morning. Soft delicate light. A pale watercolour sky, crisp and soft. In the distance a chiffon haze and no humans around (except my boyf and I) well my sweeties it’s my 3rd day in the 5’s - how long will our cruel mistress let me languish at this pleasing level? 5.8 to be exact. Pah, she scares me not. I’m a rebel and I’m aiming lower still (4’s you know who you are, save a place for me pls) enjoy this rather delicious Sunday everybody. X oh @Cumbs I hope your numbers are a little better today.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 4.9 today = getting there. Another good night’s sleep. Lovely morning and just figuring out whether I have the energy to trek across London to Kew with enough time to enjoy some of the gardens and still make my midday commitment in Islington.

@Cumberland Chelsea marginally more acceptable winners for me too - Mourinho factor.

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning to one and all, it is very misty here this morning.

Lady Vampira did taste my sacrificial blood offering at 6.30am, and declared it to be a satisfactory 5.9.

A result I am pleased with, 2 says running in the 5's club.

Hope I can just maintain this level.

May you all have a stress free Sunday

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gen.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....snore............need sleep zzzzzzz
Tea slurp ahhh
A worrying low 5.5 for me this morning
Now for koffy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
A worrying low 5.5 for me this morning

A little confused here, why is that worrying? Mine was 5.8, and I'd rather see a lower reading, but I'm being punished for having a decent meal consisting of cauliflower, chicken, tomatosauce with cream cheese and a bit of onion rather late last night. Enjoying my morning chai with cream now :hungry:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning diabetes massive 4.6 this morning. Bourbon sent me amazingly low by bedtime last night (3.9) and seems to have kept me ok on waking so one to remember. Interesting snippet in The Guardian/Observer re IF or fasting diets and adverse effects on insulin resistance and free radicals - maybe establishment push back?
@flexi06 love the lyrical prose and the fbgs even more - we need more flexls. @Goonergal good to see numbers starting to head towards trend, I think you are in a "game management" period so tread carefully until medics give more details.