What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sensational morning here for weather so hope you get your share. 5.2 this morning so a bit of a let down these days. I looked at my mega spreadsheet with comments from previous years. The comments are fun to read looking back as are the numbers and my very different expectations even a year ago when I took 5 as really good. Posting and discussing on here has really made a huge difference to my understanding and expectations over the last year. Thank you all so much for moving me on :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, but not expense fiddling, self serving, lieing, cheeting politicians.
A lucky 8.3 for me today after a large portion of the pudding of the gods pineapple upside down cake with proper custard. Recipe to remain a secret.
Well folks have a good day, my day is mapped out for me, with scope for chaos and mayhem.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

we had our barbecue yesterday, no sun and it was a bit windy but we managed ;) just as well because it p...ing down here today and the forecast says same again tomorrow. Mostly indoor exercise today by the look of it :)

Hope Monday is a good one for you all.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.5 today -- spell of higher readings today and yesterday, don't really know why.

@DJC3 -- Hugs from me. Keeping my fingers crossed that your readings will be settling down soon.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a little update prompted by looking back at my mega spreadsheet. My breakfast reading since July 2015 is the highest average reading .4 up on fasting. Since moving to IF that reading is .6 lower than the long term average. No idea whether any of this is helpful to anyone but it helps me to feel confident I seem to be on the right track so thought I would share. The difference between my overall average since March this year and my highest daily point is .19 against previous difference of .25. So IF has closed the gap.
My average over the 3 years is 5.69 against an HbA1c average of 5.67. Finger pricking and recording seems to be acceptably accurate long term and my mega spreadsheet at least provides me with a useful overview which seems to come out fairly accurately.
Luv statto :angelic:

Last edited:

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning (5.0 post meal last night). Could have something to do with the raspberries I had yesterday evening - or the gin and diet tonic with a wedge of lime - or both - or neither... Anyway, I'm fasting today and as it's another glorious day, I'm off to Castle Howard to take some photos :)

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morrow fine people of the forum.

Today, the blood of my finger sacrificed on Lady Vampira's altar, proved to be 6.0.

After 2 days of 5's, I suppose being a Monday I should not be surprised. But on upside it is just a 6.0.

May each and everyone of you have a marvellous Monday

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.2 @ 05:15 AM

@14.30 PM - 2hrs Post Prandial meat and veg brunch- (I'm back on track at last)
5.8 Accu-Chek Performa Nano
5.8 Cofoe medical (A Bargain brand I purchased on eBay @ £4.50 per 50 BG test strips)
6.3 Glucomen Lx2
I no longer stress about which one is accurate, One day soon, I will stop straying off the reservation, and all will be in the 4s
I have been tempting fate for the last month. My excuse is stress.
On Saturday had an unbridled indulgence of barbecued all sorts etc. I hope I get back the 4s soon.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well well well, I have a double magnum raspberry after my tea/dinner two nights in a row, less exercise than normal and still this morning an adorable 5.7 my fifth (every spelling of that word looks odd) day in a row- I will not be tempting fate with another lovely lolly tonight- no matter how sunny it is. But boy am I pleased with these fbg numbers lately.