What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When do you guys tend to test your fasting sugars? When you wake up, or before the first time you eat? The reason I ask is that I don't eat for at least 6 hours after waking, and the difference between my fbg upon waking and then before I eat for the first time are extremely different.

6.1 today before my first meal.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When do you guys tend to test your fasting sugars? When you wake up, or before the first time you eat? The reason I ask is that I don't eat for at least 6 hours after waking, and the difference between my fbg upon waking and then before I eat for the first time are extremely different.

6.1 today before my first meal.
When we wake up

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning folks, 5.7 this morning- very grey and wet - will get in way of work walks- can’t sit at my desk all soaking wet- need to buy waterproof trousers- can’t not exercise when it rains - it rains a lot lol

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Don't know. I don't usually measure it first thing as it has been good ( 4.5 to 5.5 ) for ages. If I have a routine breakfast that I've measured many times I don't even bother with that most days either. I do the occasional check just to make sure, maybe once a fortnight unless a known binge happened the night before. ( Birthdays, XMas etc )

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. 5.5 for me today. I have kept to the floor excercises and weights for a week. Noticed a nice improvment in the first few days, but now it seem to have gone back to where i was. Need to watch the food intake, with a view to shedding a few pounds. Weather is sunny here, nice walk on the cards. Have a good one.