Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone, I hope your all doing as well, as you expect to be doing, with the help of this Forum, as it does work!!!

For breakfast this morning I had some Bubblin squeak and a slice of toast, and a cup of coffee with milk and sweeteners.

Reactions: heh and Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 today which makes my day start with a smile. Had such a low reading yesterday before dinner. 3.3 (not on meds so wasn't too worried but only had that reading once before). I was wondering if this was my opportunity to had a slap up chinese and still have reasonable readings after!!! :)

I had bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast and painted all day with only water to drink so that's probably the reason. That said I've had periods without food before but it hasn't gone that low so who knows!!!

Dinner was a little buffet prepared my my hubby who was worried about my low reading. He also thinks I've lost enough weight now. Im lower now than when we first met 32 years ago!!! But I'm not concerned. 1 more lb and i will have llst 3 stone. And the surprising thing is I have found it quite easy!!!

So for dinner I had mini sausages peanuts celery sticks carrots hummus grapes cheese crustless quiche scotch eggs 2 crackers pate and 2 glasses of Merlot! And very nice it was too.

Reactions: Terrytiddy and heh
P

pollensa

Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Low carb contributions are of course welcomed, but please keep in mind that this is not the low carb diet section, and debates about diet should be kept out of this thread. Happy posting! ;)

breakie
Yogurt natural 3% sugars, nuts, chia, flax, sesame, sunflower seeds, walnuts x 4
black expresso, no milk or sugar
1/4 grapefruit
Mint Tea

lunch
mushroom, garlic coriander omlette
keto www.dietdoctor.com seed crackers

8am Eve meal
Herb garlic baked chicken breasts, 2 pieces pumpkin, half onion in, 1 seed cracker cooked in lemon juice
green beans, caulifour with olive oil, garlic, chili poured over veggies

Reactions: heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today
Tea
B: Small banana & Greek yogurt, 2 bacon & 2 eggs. Milky coffee.
Tea
L: Chicken salad with Tesco chunky coleslaw, 2 teeny satsumas, mullerlight Greek yogurt
Tea
T: Spag bol with wholemeal spag :). 2 glasses vin rouge.

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: one slice of the small Warburton seeded batch bread (@9 carbs a slice) with butter and a slice of leerdammer. Cup of tea with a spot of milk.

L: Greek yoghurt with 2 large strawberries

D: My first trial of cauliflower rice (Tescos freezer section) with chicken tinned plum tomatoes chopped onions and mushrooms and seasoning. Lots of garlic and a glass of merlot.

Supper: le roule and st agur cheese with celery and a few salted nuts

BS very stable all day testing before and after meals. Testing more regularly as I'm introducing different foods into my diet. So far so good.

Reactions: heh

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone,

I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're burdened with.
Your not alone in dealing with this condition, as all the Member's of this Forum, are willing to assist with their help, as it
does work !!!

Well for breakfast I had Mushrooms and 2 slices of Bacon sliced and fried together in butter on a slice of Low Carb Toast, followed by a hot coffee with milk and sweetener.
I don't eat anything at lunch then for tea I had crumb chicken breast with
spinach, Sweet Potato and Peas, followed by a Hot Coffee milk and sweeteners.

Reactions: Debandez and heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: Out so 2 bacon, 2 poached eggs, beans, grilled tomato, mushrooms, granary toast, tea.
Tea
L: Tuna, mayo & red onion on a wholemeal roll, sliced cucumber, sliced peaches, mullerlight Greek yogurt, tea
Tea
T: Chicken in red wine, basmati rice, coffee.

Reactions: Garway and Debandez

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Hi Everyone, I hope your all doing as well, as you expect to be doing,
with the help of this Forum, as it does work!!!

For this mornings breakfast I had 2 boiled Eggs, 2 slices of low carb bread, a coffee with milk and sweetener.

Reactions: Debandez and heh

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Low carb contributions are of course welcomed, but please keep in mind that this is not the low carb diet section, and debates about diet should be kept out of this thread. Happy posting! ;)

Greek Yogurt, plain

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Breakfast a poached egg on a slice of toasted low carb bread. BG afterwards 5.4

Lunch a hard boiled egg mashed with mayo and a little Parmesan cheese BG afterwards 9.3 (***)

Dinner a sizzle steak fried mushrooms and tomato BG afterwards not tested yet but was 7.3 before eating.

After eating 10.0

Last edited:

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,

I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing today, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're burdened with.

For breakfast I had 2 Eggs fried in butter, along with 2 slices shortcut bacon and about 4 button mushrooms sliced, with 2 slices of low carb toast and a cup of hot coffee with milk and sweetener.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I had brunch = 3 slices of bacon with 2 eggs scrambled with milk only as no cheese or cream in! Cup of tea with small amount of milk. 5.7 before and 5.6 after 2 hours.

For dinner (restaurant) a caprese salad then mushrooms in gorgonzola cheese for main course. Lots of black pepper. Finally a brandy coffee. 5.4 before eating and 5.0 after 2 hours so win win! Especially as a glass of prosecco and a large shiraz was involved!

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're burdened with!!!

I just had my OS upgraded by Microsoft and it's altered the Colors on my Screen, so I hope it hasn't affected the way you receive them, if so I apologise for that!!!

For breakfast I had 3 boiled Eggs, 2 slices low Carb bead toasted and a coffee with milk and sweetener!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're burdened with!!!

I just had my OS upgraded by Microsoft and it's altered the Colors on my Screen, so I hope it hasn't affected the way you receive them, if so I apologise for that!!!

For breakfast I had 3 boiled Eggs, 2 slices low Carb bead toasted and a coffee with milk and sweetener!
Not effected the way I see your posts @Stemar 2. I know you are struggling to get your BS down and you used not to struggle when you were initially on this forum. You are in the 8s and 9s with your fasting BS. I am no expert but looking at your breakfast im thinking that your low carb bread might be the culprit. When I have bread low carb or not it pushes up My BS reading the following morning.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not effected the way I see your posts @Stemar 2. I know you are struggling to get your BS down and you used not to struggle when you were initially on this forum. You are in the 8s and 9s with your fasting BS. I am no expert but looking at your breakfast im thinking that your low carb bread might be the culprit. When I have bread low carb or not it pushes up My BS reading the following morning.

Thanks I'll try it without the low carb bread, tomorrow and the next day, to see how I go.

Last edited:

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
How are you all feeling this morning, as good as one can expect to be, with this condition, I hope?

For breakfast this morning I had 2 Poached Eggs, with Bacon, Mushrooms and fried Tomato, followed with a hot coffee with Milk and sweetener. I missed out on the low carb bread, by choice for the next day, or two, as I need to see if it has a bearing on my BGL's overall.

Reactions: heh and Debandez