Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,
How are you all feeling this morning, as good as one can expect to be, with this condition, I hope?

For breakfast this morning I had 2 Poached Eggs, with Bacon, Mushrooms and fried Tomato, followed with a hot coffee with Milk and sweetener. I missed out on the low carb bread, by choice for the next day, or two, as I need to see if it has a bearing on my BGL's overall.
Let us know how it goes :)

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Let us know how it goes :)

Hi Debandez,
How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with this condition, I hope?

I didn't have any LCBread today for breakfast as you suggested and I'll do the same tomorrow and the next day, just so I get a bearing on whether they affect my BGL's or not. They were 8.9 at 08.30 this morning, so here's hoping for tomorrow, hey!!!

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not effected the way I see your posts @Stemar 2. I know you are struggling to get your BS down and you used not to struggle when you were initially on this forum. You are in the 8s and 9s with your fasting BS. I am no expert but looking at your breakfast im thinking that your low carb bread might be the culprit. When I have bread low carb or not it pushes up My BS reading the following morning.

Hi Debandez,
How are you feeling this morning, or (Night) as good as one can expect to be, with this condition, I hope?

I have only just recently come across the Low Carb Bread and I though why not give it a go, as the bakery that puts it out makes it in several different combinations like Soy, Linseed and Quinoa, 5 Grain, and a few others. As I use to only eat Wholegrain or Multigrain, prior to this Low Carb Choice. But I thank you for advising me that it could be the culprit, for my BGL's. All I can do now is
find out, hey?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Debandez,

I didn't have any LCBread today for breakfast as you suggested and I'll do the same tomorrow and the next day, just so I get a bearing on whether they affect my BGL's or not. They were 8.9 at 08.30 this morning, so here's hoping for tomorrow, hey!!!
I hope it helps bring down your reading. If not we will move to plan b :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Debandez,

I have only just recently come across the Low Carb Bread and I though why not give it a go, as the bakery that puts it out makes it in several different combinations like Soy, Linseed and Quinoa, 5 Grain, and a few others. As I use to only eat Wholegrain or Multigrain, prior to this Low Carb Choice. But I thank you for advising me that it could be the culprit, for my BGL's. All I can do now is
find out, hey?
It did nothing for mine and i only had 1 piece!!! I do love bread especially toasted but I love lower readings more!!!

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

This morning I had 2 Boiled Eggs, 2 Pancakes with Strawberries and Heavy Whipped Cream,, followed by a hot coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Reactions: Debandez and heh

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I hope it helps bring down your reading. If not we will move to plan b :)

Hi Debandez,

Thanks for the assistance and encouragement, as it makes it easier to succeed when you have someone who is, following the same course of action, as you don't want to be the one who fails so it sort of becomes competitive without really being so but it can make it a bit of Fun, when each day we see who is in front with their numbers for their BGL's.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Debandez,

Thanks for the assistance and encouragement, as it makes it easier to succeed when you have someone who is,following the same course of action, as you don't want to be the one who fails so it sort of becomes competitive without really being so but it can make it a bit of Fun, when eachday we see who is in front with their numbers for their BGL's.
That's the great thing about this forum. All the encouragement you get is phenominal. Sorry for the delay in replying. On holiday for a week. Soaking up some sunshine. How are your BS doing?

Reactions: heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday

Tea x 2
B: 2 poached eggs on sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, apple juice
Tea
L: Ham butty on the same bread, strawberries & mullerlight yogurt
Tea
T: Very naughty fish & chips sitting on Dover cliffs watching the ferries, water
Red bush tea

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on holiday since Wednesday and have decided I'm going to be a little naughty here and there! Yesterday was the first here (it didn't take me long!). Started off quite well with a continental breakfast. Pot of tea. Cheese ham prosciutto and a slice of brown toast with butter. Now normally this would put me up to the early 7s after 2 hours and take bloods out of the 4s and even 5s the following morning but I kept testing every hour whilst on a mamoth walk around marbella and it kept going down and settled in the 3s! I couldn't believe it so tested twice. It was right. So I took the opportunity of it being so low to have my second naughty in the afternoon. A pasta dish! It was amazing and i lapped it up but my bloods went into the 6s on every test after and remain at 6.0 this morning. No cheats today just tapas for me. And perhaps red wine to keep cool!!! Just getting ready to go for my pre ordered scrambled eggs and bacon.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's the great thing about this forum. All the encouragement you get is phenominal. Sorry for the delay in replying. On holiday for a week. Soaking up some sunshine. How are your BS doing?

Hi Debandez,

Your right about the advice you gain from this Forum, as when I originally joined I was 96 kilos and my BGL's were in the high 20's! But with all the help and Advice I received I lost 35 Kilos and lowered my BGL's to the 6's. But then I made the mistake of thinking I had control of this condition and left. But when it all went wrong I knew I had to return for the help I needed and it's working !

Reactions: Debandez

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

This morning I had Mushrooms fried in butter with, 2 almond flour pancakes, ( A real Different Taste To Usual Pancakes) but a necessity at present, then I had a coffee with milk and sweeteners, to finish off.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Debandez,

Your right about the advice you gain from this Forum, as when I originally joined I was 96 kilos and my BGL's were in the high 20's! But with all the help and Advice I received I lost 35 Kilos and lowered my BGL's to the 6's. But then I made the mistake of thinking I had control of this condition and left. But when it all went wrong I knew I had to return for the help I needed and it's working !
I'm so glad to hear that. Very happy that you are gaining control again. It's a wonderful feeling. Well done.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: scrambled eggs x 3 on super seeded bread toasted, apple juice.
Tea
L: Turkey salad, strawberries, mullerlight yogurt, tea
Tea
T: Slow cooked gammon in apple juice, vegetable bake, 3 glasses red wine.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,

For breakfast I had Mushrooms on Toast and a Coffee with Milk and sweeteners.

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,

For Breakfast I had 2 Poached Eggs with 2 Slices of Short Cut Bacon, Tomato and a Slice of Jarlsberg Cheese Between 2 slices of Toasted Low Carb Bread, followed by a Hot Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

Reactions: heh and jayney27

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Everyone,

Tea,
I had what I call a Mix and Match, ( Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Onion, Peas, Celery,
Broccoli, Washed Potatoes Skin On, and Chicken Drumsticks ,boiled the Veggies
and Chicken, separately, when cooked, I removed the bones from the chicken Legs,
then mixed the lot together. I also had 2 slices of toasted Low Carb Bread, followed
by a bowl of Strawberries and Whipped Cream, then a Coffee with Milk and sweeteners,
to finish off.
Supper,
I came across these New Lint Chocolates (Dark Of Course) with Fruit Centers of Orange
and Red Grapefruit, or Blueberry, and Raspberry,, they are like Marbles so I had 5. Plus a
Coffee with Milk and Sweeteners.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
Coffee
B: 2 Fried eggs on 2 Lidl low GI bread
no lunch
Tea
Coffee
Just ordered a chicken shish kebab with salad to be delivered & while waiting I've had 6 tortilla chips with some butternut squash dip.