What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
2.9 must be pretty scary I had 2.7 once it was very scary for me and at the time I was quite new to treating hypos I used m&ms as treatment which didn’t work very well probably got me to about 3.0 after 30 mins I then ended up sending my mum to the shop to get Capri suns I drank the Capri sun and my BG finnaly went up

Below 3's are always horrifying! You must have been terrified at failing to fix the problem after so much time, glad you eventually resolved it! My very first "almost hypo" ever, a 4.1 just a couple of days after diagnosis, was treated with yoghurt lol. (Actually I'm eating a yoghurt right now, with less bolus than usual, to treat a slight downward trend, but I'm in the 6's so much safer.)

Morning all 5.3 for me this morning. This with an 8.4kg weight loss over a month makes me very happy to say the least. :smug::singing::woot::)

Good job losing weight, that is amazing! :) Winner!!!

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After a very restless night ... because my dear Mother passed away yesterday afternoon, my bgl was still only 5.6 but
I am all out of sorts with this surreal feeling of watching mum take her last breath ... and I don't feel like eating .. so I may be up and down with my levels today :(

Sorry and hugs! Despite your rough night, you still got a winner of a fasting blood sugar so well done! I hope you are able to get some rest and comfort today.

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
After a very restless night ... because my dear Mother passed away yesterday afternoon, my bgl was still only 5.6 but
I am all out of sorts with this surreal feeling of watching mum take her last breath ... and I don't feel like eating .. so I may be up and down with my levels today :(
I’m sorry for your loss

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you ok mbaker i got told if my ketones go over 1.5 i had to present myself at a&e x

It’s very different for unmedicated type 2s. @Mbaker s ketones reflect his being in nutritional ketosiss, which is very different to DKA. My own ketones are 3.8 this morning after 6 consecutive days of OMAD. Just means we are in fat burning mode.

On phone on train so difficult to post links but can send some later if you’re interested,

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s very different for unmedicated type 2s. @Mbaker s ketones reflect his being in nutritional ketosiss, which is very different to DKA. My own ketones are 3.8 this morning after 6 consecutive days of OMAD. Just means we are in fat burning mode.

On phone on train so difficult to post links but can send some later if you’re interested,
Thanks x

Reactions: ziggy_w

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 for me

Thought I'd do a couple of 'during the night' tests just to see about this dawn thingy.
Results: 4.8 at bedtime (11.30) last night, 4.7 at 2.30 am, 5.5 at 4.45 am and back to 5.00 on waking just now at 6.50 am. I can live with that :)

Have a good Friday
~Heath

Last edited: