What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
5.0 for me

Thought I'd do a couple of 'during the night' tests just to see about this dawn thingy.
Results: 4.8 at bedtime (11.30) last night, 4.7 at 2.30 am, 5.5 at 4.45 am and back to 5.00 on waking just now at 6.50 am. I can live with that :)

Have a good Friday
~Heath
Those are excellent figures !!!

Reactions: Rockman

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.3 today which makes 5 of the last 14 over 5 so I conclude my body is out to raise my HbA1c just for a laugh. Oddly, I am sleeping longer and weight is lowest ever since age 16 but they are not problems or the primary target. Not complaining just very confused!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
10.8 @ 7am 5.8 @9.30. Pesky dawn phenomenon (thank you auto correct). Libre said I had a straight line, around 7, all thru the night then at around 6 starts to go up quickly. Some days are worst than others. Grrrrr diabetes and pesky liver

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Are you ok mbaker i got told if my ketones go over 1.5 i had to present myself at a&e x
As @Goonergal said, this is a "normal" reaction to being in Ketosis, not the dangerous Ketoacidosis. I am actually sad that I had breakfast networking which would knock me back today (I OMAD 4 to 5 times a week). I detailed this as an aid memoir, as I normally have much lower ketones due my love of nuts, so it was interesting to see a walk at two thirds of my normal distance, followed by short but focused heavy weights session gave optimum results for me (on this occasion, so will have to repeat a few times to be sure). I need to research if a number above 0.5 (recognised as nutritional Ketosis (some say from 0.3)) has extra benefit, it does correlate with low basal insulin.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry for your loss @Mal37 I remember loosing my mum many years ago after looking after her. Remember she will always be in your memories and heart. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Reactions: flexi06 and Prem51

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As @Goonergal said, this is a "normal" reaction to being in Ketosis, not the dangerous Ketoacidosis. I am actually sad that I had breakfast networking which would knock me back today (I OMAD 4 to 5 times a week). I detailed this as an aid memoir, as I normally have much lower ketones due my love of nuts, so it was interesting to see a walk at two thirds of my normal distance, followed by short but focused heavy weights session gave optimum results for me (on this occasion, so will have to repeat a few times to be sure). I need to research if a number above 0.5 (recognised as nutritional Ketosis (some say from 0.3)) has extra benefit, it does correlate with low basal insulin.
thanks for the information mbaker :)

Reactions: flexi06