What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all

4.4 today

Overcast morning here but still warm going to try an experiment today, found a local ice cream parlour that advertises sugar free ice cream so I'm going to try to use my limited and dodgy Italian to find out what the sweetener is. To be honest I think I may try it and hope for not too big a rise. Holiday treat have a good day everyone.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Been playing catch-up with all the posts after two very busy days.

Thanks for all your hugs and wishes concerning the flooding. Surprisingly, all the water and residual mess had already been cleaned up the next morning. Things can be efficient here in Germany -- but they usually aren't (in spite of the reputation).

@JohnEGreen -- It's good that your fbgs are normalizing again. Hope your other levels will be returning to lower levels soon too. It must be really frustrating to see the increase in your medication having this effect.

@flexi06 -- I live in a city named Wuppertal in Germany (its claim to fame is the suspension railway), but commute to Cologn, where I work. Recently, we had unusually hot and humid weather for end of May with temperatures of slightly more than 30 degrees, but also lots of torrential rains and thunder and lightening.

@flexi06 -- You will probably start feeling more energetic if you decide to drop your carbs a bit more. This will allow your body will switch to primarily burning fat. Upping your salt intake (plus maybe taking extra potassium and magnesium) will usually help with the carb flu. (Ketosis does lead to lower water retention and with the water, your body retains fewer of these minerals).

@Mal37 -- My heartfelt condolences for your loss. It is devastating to lose a parent.

Blood sugars were 5.1 on Thursday, 5.3 on Friday and 4.4 this morning.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.4 for me today. A friends 50th bday yesterday...so 2 light meals and a long walk today to burn off the excess. Managed to stay in the 5s ( 2h post ) yesterday which surprised me no end. Hazey humid day here. Have a good Saturday.

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 for me today; I'm happy with that :) It's tiddling with rain as I type and I'm starting with a cold - my first since diagnosis - so it will be interesting to see if it affects my readings.

Have a great weekend all!
~ heath

Last edited: