What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@DJC3 -- Sometimes alcohol seems to lower fbgs, sometimes it doesn't. Can't always make sense of it. I really enjoy the taste of dry red wine, and sometimes only having water can get a bit boring.
@flexi06 -- The way I understand it, alcohol inhibits the release of glucose from the liver. (I think the bigger issue for T2s might be that it can contribute to fatty liver.)

Blood sugars were 4.9 this morning.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
4.6 at 5:41AM. Quite surprising as I had two 2! decent LCHF meals yesterday. My average FBG for the last month is 5.2. So eating sensibly rather than barely eating at all can lower your FBG? Or maybe it's just a coincidence.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to those of a shy timid disposition Boo.
A 6.9 for me this morning coinsides wif an oversleep as well.

Unfortunately today Mrs J and myself will be attending the cremation of a very old friend and work colleague. I keep telling myself I must try and behave, it ain't gonna be easy.

Have a good one folks and will someone please try behave for me because I'm bound to fail in someway, shape or form.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.2 this morning no hypers yesterday so looks like things are normalizing for me again and all I had to do was eat no carbs and drop back down to 600 calories a day. I don't think I can keep it like that indefinitely though so may just have to accept slightly higher BG for a while.:)