What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all tinkler's of the ivories who like me have messed up the scale of Bb 2 octaves this morning.
A 6.6 for me this morning.

Well folks it's Friday and I'm orf the leash again today I might give my pals Chaos as Mayhem a call, not far from where I reside is a wood and tree climbing beckons wif the catapults, retirement and 3rd childhood is great hehehehe.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all 3.8 for me this morning:wideyed: What 3.8!! so I tested again, yep, 3.8 :wideyed: never been that low. I did test a little earlier than normal. However yesterday only had 3.5% carbs so could it be that? Very pleased with the numbers :):smug::singing:;) Have a great weekend all.:)

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

my bg doesn't like being home perhaps ;) I'm a bit dehydrated and it was a long day of travel yesterday, 09.30am yesterday until 02.30am this morning what with the various stop/start of modern travel. Montecatini to Florence by train, Florence to airport by bus, then flying Florence to Paris, Paris to Aberdeen, then driving Aberdeen to home by car (once we had fixed the flat tyre we came back to!) After breakfast the available food was pretty dire during the trip, carbs, overpriced carbs everywhere, ended up with a big Mac without a bun at 01.00am on the drive home.

We've had a lovely holiday, and thank you to all those who wished it for me :)
I did a lot of eating (Low carb even with three lots of sugar free ice cream), and a lot of walking about and ended up 0.1Kg lighter this morning when I got on the scales, which is amazing to me, I reckon that when I've drunk enough liquid my weight is probably just the same as when I left :happy: Before LCHF I always put loads of weight on when I was on hols.

I'm going to go back through the thread and catch up with all your news, it was hopeless on my mobile for anything other than a quick post every day ;)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
managed to have a lie in this morning as I am working late tonight so, the scores on the doors is....................................5.1 getting better so am happy, and I didn't have a hypo after training!!! wonders do exist!!!

Take care everyone.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well it’s still only just morning - my reluctance to post is because I not only had ( a very moderate) Chinese takeaway but also some of my own quite height sugar home made ice cream ( delish) and to top it all off I slept in for 1 hour so my fbg was ( makes self very small and inconspicuous) 7.2. Not been that high since early May. Sigh

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 today my bg doesn't like being home perhaps ;)
I just love how @ 4.7 you muse about adverse environment whereas we non ninjas would be very pleased with 4.7 as a normal:angelic: Glad you had a good time and it is extremely helpful to have people such as yourself to benchmark oneself by to be a reminder that one doesn't have to settle for gp/dn "goodish is ok for you" level.
@flexi06 The good news is that these days you test and know what is happening plus I would wager that the only way is Herts Essex (close) down:angelic:

Reactions: ziggy_w and flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I just love how @ 4.7 you muse about adverse environment whereas we non ninjas would be very pleased with 4.7 as a normal:angelic: Glad you had a good time and it is extremely helpful to have people such as yourself to benchmark oneself by to be a reminder that one doesn't have to settle for gp/dn "goodish is ok for you" level.
@flexi06 The good news is that these days you test and know what is happening plus I would wager that the only way is Herts Essex (close) down:angelic:
@alf_Josiah I appreciate the funny alf but should you be on your phone up those trees - or is that Health and Safety gone mad?:angelic:

Reactions: ziggy_w and flexi06

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all tinkler's of the ivories who like me have messed up the scale of Bb 2 octaves this morning.
A 6.6 for me this morning.

Well folks it's Friday and I'm orf the leash again today I might give my pals Chaos as Mayhem a call, not far from where I reside is a wood and tree climbing beckons wif the catapults, retirement and 3rd childhood is great hehehehe.
dont forget double trouble today alf ;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon. Prickometer said 5.5 at 0500. Rushed upstairs to watch us sailing up the fiord, not a Norwegian Blue in sight.
Anyhow it’s been up at 26 degrees today. Cooling now.
Had a choo choo ride on the Flam railway, very nice.