What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Jenny15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Jazz music, science denial, and running out of coffee.

Now, you may think this is high, but it is in fact the lowest FBG I've seen in a long time. So I'm proud of it and wanted to share.

Been 8.5-11.5 since I restarted testing at home 7 months ago. I have no data, but it was probably that high for about two years.

And I am feeling better in myself, much less fatigued, and the brain fog is almost gone.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Just docked in Newcastle. Who knows what I ate and drank last night but the prickometer reading registers 6.1.
Due to disembark at 0800 so back on my head, SNAFU.
Hope you all have a smashing day.:angelic:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Now, you may think this is high, but it is in fact the lowest FBG I've seen in a long time. So I'm proud of it and wanted to share.

Been 8.5-11.5 since I restarted testing at home 7 months ago. I have no data, but it was probably that high for about two years.

And I am feeling better in myself, much less fatigued, and the brain fog is almost gone.

Morning @Jenny15 well done on your FBG. You are obviously doing something right.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all writers of science fiction and fantasy who go under the name of weather forecasters at the BBC.

A 7.0 for me this morning.
Decisions to be made this morning as to how to enjoy myself subject
1. Mrs J's permission
2. Mrs J not finding out. Perferred option.
Have a good one folks.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All that walking yesterday seems to have had a good effect. How are your shins this morning?

Thanks. Shins are doing ok but will be cautious today. Probably just as well it’s a bit overcast or I’d be rushing out the door again to catch the sun! I put the FBG more down to OMAD than the walking - fasting has a bigger impact for me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. The overnight rain here saved me the task and expense of watering so a win there. I slept an hour longer and a pound has disappeared from the random rise so another plank in the normal platform. Resting pulse coming back down adds another plank. Small victories must suffice for now.
5.2 fbg today which is also better than yesterday where there were some whoppers in the readings - some of which had not been seen since early March. Maybe some kind of normal could return this week :woot:
@DJC3 Nice start - newspapers eh very decadent we only ever have the free ones from Waitrose.(I do read The Guardian, Telegraph and Washington Post online) @Goonergal glad your bg responded well to yesterday keep an eye on the long game and rest those shins today. @dunelm I believe that great philosopher Madonna summed up your plight, life is a mystery:angelic:

Last edited: